Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HorsePen Henry

Santee,
If ya ever get tired of that holster throw it on my bunk. I'll take it off yer hands. Nice work!!!

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Santee,
Great job on your second holster! You can be real proud to wear it. This is a fascinating hobby to get hooked on.

Howdy Outrider,
I think thats a nice, practical design. As always your workmanship is excellent. I thought of permanently attaching some standard open holsters to my gun cart but I like your design with the buckled flaps. It makes sense to have something portable to move guns around with.

By the way, what Software do you use for for getting your pictures ready to post? Your pictures always look good.
I'm using a Kodak 5 megapixel camera with Kodak's Software and I always seem to lose some clarity in getting my pictures under 100 KB.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Dalton Masterson

Santee, that looks really good! You are coming along nicely!

Outrider, I have seen that exact design in person, and thought it would have been a nice addition to my gear. Very practical to have I think. I even took pics so I could attempt to make one myself, but havent gotten around to it. Looks good. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

santee

Thanks for the kudos, fellas.
Outrider, I like that color of brown you achieved. Mind sharing what dye you used?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

outrider

Santee:

I used the Fiebings  Mahogany dye
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

Dalton:

Have you made up a pattern yet for the pistol caddy?  Be more than happy to send you a copy...these caddy's are not as easy to assemble as one might thnik, but they eventually come together
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Pitspitr

Quote from: HorsePen Henry on April 02, 2008, 04:27:26 PM
Pitspitr, what are the dimensions of the Morrison stamp from point to point? Also, is the brown background lower than the white lines that make up the design? I'd like ta tryin' make that stamp if you don't mind?
Hi Horsepen
Sorry for the tardy reply. I was out of town for a few days.
The stamp is .75" across the points. It almost looks like they used a veiner to do the work but I don't really think it is.
Make all the stamps you want. The original isn't my design so I don't own it. I'd like to see how it turns out for you.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

HorsePen Henry

Howdy Pitspitr,
Good ta see ya back. I will post pictures when I get it done. If it is successful, that is. I appreciate the measurement.
Cheers,
X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Triggersmith

Here is my new adjustable bandoleer and holster rig.  I used snaps so I could use what ever holster I wanted with it.
Triggersmith
Watch yer topknot
Triggersmith
See my ads in Cas City Classifieds

Dalton Masterson

Hey thats pretty cool there Triggersmith! DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nicely done Triggersmith, it looks good  8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

I like it, TS. Good idea to make it universal for different holsters. Nice. Thanks for the pic.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

santee

Okay. Here is my version of the Ben Wade Holster. Yeah, I used the same dark brown as previously seen and didn't do all the floral tooling. BUT, my stitches are completely straight in the back and I successfully pulled off that rapid rivet thing.
I really dig the riveted loop look, now. Next time I may try an antique tan...

Oh yeah, my wife blames you all, too. ;)
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Dalton Masterson

Santee, that looks great!! Good job! DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Lookin' good, Santee. Nice work. Now all you need is a pistol with those fancy grips. ;D Oh, yeah, and a layer of dust. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Triggersmith & Santee,

Very nice work Pards! You can be proud to wear these holsters.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

hOWDY Santee  ;D 8)

Excellant work pard , you are coming right along, much faster than I did when I first started out , this is a real nice copy of the Ben Wade holster , even though you chose to use border tooling instead of the flower carving , it looks good , your border stamping is nice and even, and I like the color too, WELL DONE  ;D 8) And oh yea I like the way you layed everything out, it makes for a nice picture, I use my pictures as wall paper on my pc , and change them around as I make new rigs , I find this to be a good way of getting ideas of how or what I'm going to do the next time, and I just like looking at my stuff when it's done. ::) :o ??? ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

santee

Thanks, pards. Yeah, I want to get it more lived in looking. Better just use it!
Next one I'm gonna try the walnut dye that everyone is raving about. Maybe try my hand at some carving... :-\

As for the photos, I try to lay them out like Chuck Burrows and Ten Wolves, but I don't have that eye.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com