Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy  Daniel Nighteyes

Nice work , good job on the lacing , and I see you put a button on it , I guess you're going to wear the knife between your pants and your gun belt , it should stay put, and that was a good price on the knife, thanks for sharing  ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, pard. I like the laced edge and the diamond spots. Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

outrider

Howdy Pards:

I have gotten an order for a shotgun belt for a 10 year old that keeps outgrowing belts.  I remember seeing this design somewhere.  Two buckles with an adjustable billet.  This one allows an adjustment from 34" waist to 46" waist
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

panhead pete

Outrider,

That is pretty slick!!

Panhead Pete

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Outridder  8)

This is real slick, I remember seeing this style in a lot of old westerns, years back and I always thought it to be a great idea , in fact as my gurth increased, I could of used this my ownself, I made a print out of your work for my folder in my shop , it' makes a nice reference, to refere to. NICE WORK PARD  ::) :o ;D 8) Also a pard could do this to a too tight of a belt , by doing what you have done , but instead of using a straight billit , put a buckle on one end , this way you end up with the same look , if you can match the buckle , but then you could always change the buckle's, I think I remember Cowboy WC telling me about a customer he had to make this kind of special billit and buckle for , some of us pards have endured that increasing waist line over the years,  :'( :-X :-[ :P ::) ??? :o :( >:( ;) :D ;D

tEN wOLVES ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Outrider,

Thats pretty nifty! Excellent workmanship! Those shells are spaced perfectly.

I always enjoy seeing your work.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice job, Outrider. I don't know if I would have thought of that. It's a good solution to a growing boy. I'll remember that. Good work.

Silver_Rings

Outrider,  nice work and a great solution to the growing boy problem.  I may have to copy that my self.  ;)

SR
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

Silver_Rings

Daniel, nice work on  the sheath.  I bought a knife a couple of years ago I was going to use as a boot knife, but then I made some chaps and wear them.  Boot knife and chaps don't go together.   :(

I'm thinking about making a new pair of chaps with the knife sheath built in to the chap leg and maybe even build the holsters into the chaps.

SR

Silver_Rings

Ten Wolfs, the billet with a buckle on one end to allow for a wider girt would make a retro-fit even easier.  ;D

Great idea.

SR

Irish Dave

Creative solution to an all-too-common problem. Nice job, pard.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks Sliver Rings

I was going to do this a few years ago, in fact when I met Cowboy WC, I ask about this then , and that was when he told me about making one for a customer he had , at that time WC talked me into trying leather craft , so I never did make that extension, I have a few Alfonso Pinada rigs , that I grew out of , that could use the extension , maybe I'll still do it, I don't think I'll ever be that thin again. >:( :( :'( :o ::) ???

Dalton Masterson

Very nice! I have one all drawn up on the bench so my wife can switch from 20 to 12, but havent made it yet. Glad to see it will work! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Dalton Masterson

Heres last weeks holsters. I have been office sitting for vacationing fellow employees, so instead of sitting and staring at the wall, I have been making stuff.
These are for my 1862 Police and my 1861 Navy .36s. The 61 holster is a crossdraw. They are both Pietta, so any Pietta Colt will fit, including the 1860. The carving is incised carving.

The next one is a pocket holster for my Hopkins and Allen .32. I am going to attempt to line it, and tried my hand at tooling. Was limited on flowers, so used the stamps. Should have tooled them a little after I suppose.
I am also thinking about 5 .32 loops on the lower portion, but havent gotten that far yet. DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

cowboywc

Howdy Dalton
Nice job on the holsters. Good looking set.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Dalton

I thought I was looking at an old antique pair of holsters , you did a great job of capturing the period , nice job pard, and the second holster looks good to , this is a good way to spend you time , beats the heck out of staring at the walls.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Dalton,

Beautiful work!  Ten Wolves hit the nail on the head. They look like period, antique holsters. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Look forward to seeing your completed pocket holster.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, Dalton. Those really do have a period look to them. Good work, pard.

Dalton Masterson

Heres the little pocket model all finished up today.
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com