Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don101

I made this today for our up coming anual Buffalo Hunters Camp this weekend, Don

outrider

Hi Don:

Yes...small world  my friend he lives in Bad Bodenteich but his factory is in Reinstorf (Luder)  name of the company is MBK Maschinenbau Koetke, and he manufactures Blow Molding Machinery.  At one time I was an honorary member of the Reinstorf shooting team.  I have not been there since 1995 when I attended the K95 Plastics Expo in Dusseldorf.  Also, I have a slight attachment to Bremen...my great grandfather shipped out of Bremen to live in the states back in the 1800's, so I kind of have some family ties as well
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

Outstanding work, Don. I really can't say which piece I like best. They're all great. Thanks for sharing them with us.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

panhead pete

Hello Don,

Nice work, Amigo!  Welcome to the forum.  I had the opportunity to see some of Germany on a military deployment.  It is a beautiful country, indeed.  I like to describe it as Pennsylvania with castles for those on this side of the pond.   Keep the photos coming, they are an inspiration and give us some fresh ideas.

Kind Regards,

Panhead Pete

Bull Durham

Here is another new holster I made on Wednesday. I will make the right hand one next week. The spots are brass but don't show up well in the photo.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Bull

Looks like you made another beauitful holster , but the picture doesn't do it justice, nice job Bull  ::) 8) I like the spots , are they solid brass , or plated ?it really set it off . :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Bull Durham

Thanks. I guess the spots are plated. I got them out of the sale bucket at Tandy in Benbrook, Texas this week.

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, Bull. I agree with 10W, the spots work well on it. Nice job on the design, too. All-around great holster.

cowboywc

Howdy Bull
That really looks nice. wish it was a better picture.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Bull Durham

Is this picture better?

cowboywc

Howdy Bull
Much better pix.
Great job, good lookin holster
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Bull

This picture is much better , you really did excellent work on the tooling , it has wonderfull depth, and I like your flower design, the extra border lines bring out the skirt , along with the brass spots, you really put some thought into this holster Pard , I really like it  ::) :D ;D :o 8) O h yea, you must be a lefty like me , seems like us leftys seem to think alot alike , I don't know why that is. ???

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Bull Durham

Thanks ya'll. Sorry Ten Wolves, I am right handed. I am going to make the right hand match next week. Maybe great cowboy minds think alike.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;) :D ;) :o ::) :-[ I guess that must be it Bull  ;) :D

Johnny McCrae

Got back from a long vacation recently and just had a chance to take a good look at the projects posted here in the last month.

Boy, I gotta say there is some beautiful work being done. The workmanship and designs are excellent. My compliments to everyone. I'm proud of you all.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

outrider

Hi Johnny:

I was wondering where you had gotten off to.  Welcome back to the forum.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

Howdy Pards:

Here is a belt that I just finished for a pard of mine.  I used a mixture of the cherry stain and brwon stain  then coated with tan cote.  The buckle....geez what else  the "Ghormley Special" ;D ;D ::) ::) ;D

Also a picture of the new Greyghost maker's stamp...not sure if you can see it but...
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards

Its good to see you back Johnny, we missed you here at the forum , hope you had a good time Pard. ;D

Hello Outridder

Your belt looks great , and I like the color , and to top it off with Will Ghormelys Buckle , really finishes it nicely, it looks like Jeff at Grey Ghost , did a nice job on your stamp, it fits right in there, and looks period too, I just got mine a few days ago myself and I really like it, Thanks to Cowboy WC for telling us about him . I ordered some stains from PEAS & CORN, again thanks WC, for letting us know about this supplier, I should be getting them in the next few days , can't wait to fool around with them , kinda like a Frankinstien thing, if'n you know what I mean , that's just another fun part of leather work that I love doin, I also did a gun belt with Wills buckle , Ill have to get a picture and post it , these buckles are really top notch. :D ;D 8)     I got a picture here it is

http://greyghostgraphics.com/    http://www.peasandcornco.com/shoeandleathercare/index.asp

Marshal Will Wingam

Great work, pards. I like the simplicity of Outrider's and the richness of 10W's with the full insert. The holster looks good with that belt, too, 10W. Outrider, that stamp really does set off the rest of the belt. Nice touch. It's nice to see Will's buckles being put to use already. Both belts really compliment the buckles beautifully.

Welcome back, Johnny. Good to see you again.

Johnny McCrae

Many thanks for the kind words Pards...

I'd like to echo Marshall Will's words to Outrider and Ten wolves. That is beautiful and inspiring work!

I was in Arizona visiting then did some skiing at Taos and Santa Fe Basin. On the way back we stopped at the Cowboy Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City. Lots of interesting displays and exhibits to look at. I don't know anything about horses but among other things, this museum had a very impressive collection of saddles to look at.

Please excuse the lousy pictures as I had to retrieve them from my Video Camera.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com