Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Dave

Nice job Panhead.
Looks like authentic, quality craftsmanship.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

panhead pete

Thanks for the nice comments Irish Dave!! 

BP,

Go for it Amigo!!  I started out in the early 90's.  I went to the Tandy store to get leather paint for my biker jacket, then I saw plans for a nice big saddlebag set for the Sportster, bought a western holster pattern in the mid 90's and sort of got out of it. I FINALLY bought my first single action in 2003.  I can't stop messin' with hides ever since!!

Happy Trails,

Panhead Pete

cowboywc

Howdy BP
Go for it.
I started over 20 years ago, left my job a few years later and started my custom business and have not had one day
since that I've woke up and said I don't want to go to work today.
Once you start buying tools you'll get hooked and then won't know weather to buy more guns or leather tools. :)
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

panhead pete

WC,

You have an awesome collection of tools, Sir!

Your talent and your collection are a good match, indeed!

I see you have handles for your stamping tools!  I have thought about using a handle to keep my hands from cramping or getting sore.  Very clever how you have a rest for the tools you are using as well.  What did you use for handles, if I may ask?

Happy Trails,

Panhead Pete

Bull Durham

This is a pair of chaps I made about 5 years ago. It is the third pair I have made. I made the pocket buttons from a ashed antler I found in the woods.

cowboywc

Howdy BD
That's a good looking pair of chaps.
WC

cowboywc

Howdy Pete
The stamps all come with the handle made in. The only stamps that I know of with out handles are 3-d
stamps and embossing plates
WC

panhead pete

Howdy WC,

I agree, that is a fine set of chaps Bull put together.  What I thought you had (under the mallets in the picture) were wooden handles over the shafts of your stamping sticks or stamping tools if you will.  Perhaps I am seeing something else.  An admirable collection, I must say!!

Happy Trails,

Panhead

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice Chaps, pard. I like the way you made the pockets. If you have a close-up of the buttons, please post it. Good work, thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

hOW dO gENTS

I just wanted to share my latest project, my neighbor ask me if I could make him a leather holster for his 44 Mag. Mountain Gun, with a 4" barrel, so I said sure , why not , he wanted it to look like it had been around, not plastic looking, and he wanted it to be able to slip over a 2 1/2 to 3" belt, but also a pant bellt in 1 1/2", and not slip around, and with a grip forward cant, and a strap snap closure, and not a high ride because he likes to ware his belt high, and the high ride wouldn't work well for getting out his gun, so this is what I came up with.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Black Powder

Quote from: cowboywc on February 27, 2008, 08:36:12 PM
Howdy BP
Go for it.
I started over 20 years ago, left my job a few years later and started my custom business and have not had one day
since that I've woke up and said I don't want to go to work today.

If I ever hear that you've lost that sense, I'll track you down & slap you myself.  Good for you.  I've been self-employed and worked in a cube farm for a big corporate beast.  Great coworkers and usually pretty satisfying work.  Just not quite as cool as what you do, you lucky *&^%$# !   ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: cowboywc on February 27, 2008, 08:36:12 PM
Once you start buying tools you'll get hooked and then won't know weather to buy more guns or leather tools. :)
WC

I see by your outfit that you're the ghost of Christmas future.  This is all just too cool...  8)  I know I'm about to set up another Excel tab in my catalog of wants/needs - "Leather Crafting" and set a budget.  Budget?  Yeah, right...

Step 1 - Clean out area in basement for work shop...

Folks, this is do-able.  Y'all remember what it was like when you first did it?  That'll be me some day, hopefully.  Like I said: This is all just too cool...  8) 

Thanks, everybody, for sharin' your addictions, er, enthusiasms.  Really great lookin' work and 'tude.  Keep 'em comin'!   :P

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy BP

You just bypassed my latest Project , go back go back go back, we must have posted at the same time  ::) :o :(
                                                                    Tell me what you think  ???

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D >:(
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Black Powder

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on February 28, 2008, 10:25:04 PM
...we must have posted at the same time  ::) :o :(

I know what I'm doin' 'bout this time most days...   ::)

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on February 28, 2008, 10:25:04 PM
Tell me what you think  ???

It's great.  Double stitching.  Seems I've heard mention made of that as I've just recently started paying attention to the leather shop.  I am confused by one thing, though.  What are those new fangled contraptions these hoslters are designed for?  Are you from the future?   ??? ;D ;D ;D

I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Dalton Masterson

Ten Wolves, thats a pretty good looking "used" holster! I like that style a lot! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy BP
        Yea , thats deffintly, from the future, I thought I would double stich this holster, just to make sure everything would stay together, my neighbor goes to Alaska, and has to sometimes deal with the Grizzly community, he wanted something that would stand up to the brush and wilderness, so I gave him a closed toe just in case he has to slide down a mountain , or some snow pack, so I'm hopeing he will like it , and it should stand up real well for what he wants it for.

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D :D

Hello Dalton ,

Thanks for your comments Pard I appreciate it .  :D ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D :D ;D

cowboywc

Howdy Panhead
Now I understand what you were seeing. That rack is an old cigar shipping box. The rows were too deep for
my stamps so I cut dowel and put them at the back to space the tools out to the end.. My factory "Job Rack"
didn't hold enough tools.
WC

cowboywc

TW
That holster came out great. You make me proud.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

That holster has exactly the aged look you were going for, 10W. The double belt size slots and loop is a nice solution. Very nice.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

Thanks WC, you know I had a Good Teacher and Mentor  ;) :D ;D

Thanks Marshal Will Wingam, thanks for kind comments , it's really appreciated Pard  :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

outrider

Ten Wolves:

Great looking holster pard....that ole 44 won't comethrough that mainseam with the double stitching...nice wrok...keep it up pard ;) ;D ;D

Hey WC...Ten Wolves is coming along great with his work don't ya think??? 
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com