Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks Ace

I appreciate you taking the time to look at my latest gun rig, some times a goof up can turn into something good after all. and thaks for the flowers. :D ;D

Best Regards Pal

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

TW, I really like belts with bullet loops that run the whole length. Great job.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks Santee  ;D ;D

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

My youngest son (39 years old) will be shooting his first match tomorrow. We will be sharing guns for this one but I wanted him to have his own leather. I had to make him a belt and one Holster. This Holster will fit my Richards Transition and my 1873 SAA's. This rig was dyed with Feibings Dark Brown oil dye and the belt is nothing fancy as I was pressed for time. The final finish is Skidmores. I did miss using my Walnut and Coffee Dyes.

His alias will be Charley McCrae as his middle name is Charles.

Now its off to the Reloading bench for more ammo.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Rock and Roll Johnny,  :)
I think it is great that your son wants to do that with you!! I hope he falls in love with it and wants to spend a lot more time with you doing this Sport!
You did a Super Job getting him ready to shoot!! :o :o :o :o
Have a Super fun time, and be safe!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Johnny

I echo the words Ace used, this will  be something your son won't forget, this is what memory's are made off, you did a dandy job on this gun rig, especially with such a short time to get it ready. ::) :o 8)

I hope you and your son Charley McCrae have a great weekend shooting  ;) :D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D

Dalton Masterson

Great work Johnny M! And for a great cause too!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

JD Alan

Great job John, I hope you have a great time. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboywc

Howdy John
That is very cool that you get to shoot with your son.
Good lookin rig also.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

That's outstanding, Johnny. Your son will really enjoy that rig. I have fond memories of a custom holster a guy made for me.  Your son will always remember that with joy.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Many thanks tor the kind words Pards.

Charley McCrae shot his first match today and he made me proud. He is already talking of someday introducing his son to this great sport.

By the way. you do know you are getting old when your youngest son has some gray in his beard.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Dang Johnny, your son looks right at home in his duds, looks like he'll be a natural, good to hear you both had a great day, by the way you have a good looking kid, and I know you're proud. :D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ace Lungger

Howdy Johnny,  :)
I am so happy that your Son had a good time :) What a great feeling of pride you must have :) I would give anything in this world if my son and I did things toghter!

:) :) :) :) for you my friend!!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

Johnny, if that's your son, then you should look much older than you do. Either way, you have a right to be right proud pard!

So back to the new leather - .357 S&W custom holster, right hand draw, with a slight cant forward. The holster doesn't need it, but the slip strap is tightly snugged into the leather cross-piece, and does not pull out without some SERIOUS effort. Can be snugged behind the backstrap, or the hammer, then slipped over the front and pulled down out of the way when you need to.

Haven't got a really good pic of the custom embossing ... but I'll get one soon pards!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

JD Alan

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

hey there RT
thats one slick lookin rig hope if im ever on the business end of that one the guy has i snugged up good and tight so i have a bit of a head start LOL
Cowboy316

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Rt,

Many thanks for the kind words.

That's a very nice job you did there on your .357 S & W Holster. A clean & neat design with excellent workmanship. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy RT

That is a really nice holster, I like your stitch work, and your safety strap is very unique, looks like it fits your gun well. :D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Johnny McCrae on September 12, 2009, 06:24:50 PMCharley McCrae shot his first match today and he made me proud. He is already talking of someday introducing his son to this great sport.
That's really great. How fun it has to be to share CAS with your son. Congrats. ;)

That holster is pretty cool, RT. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com