Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley Desperado

RT as always your work is outstanding!!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents  ;D

I just finished a gun rig for a customer for his new model Super BlackHawk, 44 mag, I used my Ruger Flat Top 44 for a model, I dyed my leather in my walnut dye, and then sewed in the liner, and finished as I always do, he only want a few bullet loops because this will be his carry gun, while he works his farm, and tends his land, his land borders the forest, and they have all the critters hang out there.

So here it is, I'll show this in two post

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Here's the rest, My gun has a 6 1/2" barrel, and his is a 5 1/2" so it should work just fine
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

TW by geebers youve done it again by managing to knock my boots and socks off with your use of that walnut dye i just love it some day ill get some nuts and make some and your satamping makes my stuff look like a beginer LOL
all in all great work there buddy keep it up id be proud to ride with that on my hip
Cowboy316

Dalton Masterson

10W, that looks great! Love the color on it. Very professional look too.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

RollingThunder

Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Wiley Desperado

10W, WOW, that is flat out beautiful, I love the coloring! the design and stamping are great also.  Goodnight, you guys have all gotten to darn good.  I feel like Ned in the first reader when it comes to leather work compared to what ya'll are turning out, but thats OK cause it motivates me to try and do better.  Outstanding!!!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy TW,

Outstanding! Very very professional! This is as good as it gets and is really too good to wear on the job. Your customer will be proud to wear this. Many thanks for sharing your talents with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Well, TW. The pards here have said it. You really did a good job on this one. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

JD Alan

Excellent job 10 Wolves (It's really great to put a face / personality to the responses!) As others have said, the color is great, as is the stamping and all the craftsmanship. Sweet job all the way around. I'm sure your customer will be pleased. Thanks for the excellent pictures, JD 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ace Lungger

Howdy TW,
AWESOME :o :o :o :o When I saw that rig, I had to get out the Packing Iron book to make sure you didn't take pictures out of the book and claim you did the work,  ;D  but all though it looks like it came out of the book , it didn't!! :) Picture Perfect!! TW, when I ever get that good, I am going to quit doing leather work, because you can't get better than that!! Guess what, It looks like I will be doing leather work for a long time  ;D ;D.
All kinda a side, that is a Super Deluxe Rig and anyone would be pround to wear it. as my Mentor you keep the fire burning inside of me! Thanks my Friend.

ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Bodie Bascom

Beautiful, TW.  Just absolutely beautiful.

bodie
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All  :D

Well I took a break from my PC, I can't tell you how nice it was to come back and find all these nice comments about my new rig, you Pards really know how to make a guy feel good, and I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to put your comments down, you're all a great bunch of Pards and support team to say the least, I hope my customer will like it, at least he will look the part when he gets in and out of his tractor, or just walking around his property, I put a John Wayne cant on the holster, so I guess now he's going to need a hat to go along with it.

Thanks again Pards   :D ;) ;D

cowboywc

Dang son, Boy do you  make me proud!
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: cowboywc on August 17, 2009, 02:20:24 PM
Dang son, Boy do you  make me proud!
WC

Howdy WC, and thanks Pard, after all you're responsible for all this, and I'm forever Gtatfull. ;) :D

RollingThunder

Just thought I'd share this with you guys. I decided to go WAY overboard on the design of something, throw in the whole bloomin' kitchen sink. I figured, "why not on a set of Carrico Dove Wings?"

This is what I got.

And then of course I got all WWPID. Or ... What Would Packing Iron Do? LOL. So I took it into photoshop and made a gritty old lith of it.

With the flash, you can see the lining details, and the little double-seeder tap spots I used on the corner.

And then I WWPID'd that one as well.

Can you tell I'm getting a bit ... bored? LOL.

In all seriousness, I'm working on some tooling too. I keep noticing things that improve from one project to the next, so I'm hoping to officially be half-decent at tooling in ... say ... 10-15 years.

Hoka!

RollingThunder

Oh, and because I know the parson might be interested, that's pure Neatsfoot oil for color, a tiny bit of Saddle Tan thrown in, and then some heavily reduced Cocoa Brown to tint.

Bodie Bascom

Whoa, RT.  Those are fantastic.  I don't like to wear spurs, but those could change my mind.

bodie
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

cowboy316

:o well well RT ive now got to go across the street and get my boots you just knocked them clean out the house LOL now ya got me thinkin id better get some leather and break out Wil's spur leather pack i just bout and give a pair a shot LOL
wonderful work pard hope this wallet im workin on now turns out half as good
Cowboy316

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com