Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice holsters, Dalton. I like the geometric stamping on yours. It suits it nicely.

Very good work, Dave. That rig is a pleasure to see. The insets give it a very balanced look. Black works well with it, too. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

DM & DC
Good lookin holsters both of you.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Gun Butcher

Hey Pards beautifful work on all of your projects. I have to echo JD. It is gettin' real tough to keep up around here.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ace Lungger

Dalton,
Those holsters are awesome, If I had to pick one over the other, I don't believe I could do that!!! :o Both those holsters have great lines and there own style!!
Great Job!!!!

David,
The rig you made looks perfect :o the detail and design flows so nicely toghter that there isn't anyway to improve it! It shows me that the sky is the limit, as far as your leather crafting ability goes!!!!!!!
Keep up the AWESOME work!

ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

I gotta echo what JD and Gun Butcher said. I'm still getting back to reality after my trip and having a tough time keeping up with all of the great work being posted. Again, my compliments to everyone for their excellent work and a hearty welcome to our new visitors.

I'm working on a purse for my Grand daughter and another wall plaque with a "Coffee Dyed" Holster. I also picked up a Cimarron Richards Transition on the way back from out west. I need to make a Holster for it and order some reloading dies. Lee Precision is around 60 miles from my home so I'll take a ride there next week.

So much to do... So little time! Good thing I'm semi-retired.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Camp Cook

Real fine work everyone, real fine.  I too went on a little vacation for a few days, and was tickled to see all the great work posted in the last week.  Got to see the Oregon coast, beautiful....
I suppose I better russle ya'll up some grub....

Whiskey James SASS#85199

Hey All,

My first try at western leather.  The crossdraw was actually a strong side that I made first, unlined 10oz.  I was able to convert it to a crossdraw (good thing because I was coming off of shoulder surgery and couldn't do a whole lot of leather work.  The strong side is a lined 9 oz with pigskin liner.  Both work well.  I'll use them until I get around to making two lined once I really know just how I want the guns to sit.

cowboywc

Johnny McCrae

Howdy WJ,

Welcome to the Forum.

You have done a great job on your first try at Western Leather! Very nice workmanship! We look forward to seeing your future projects.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

I agree! For a first time, they look terrific.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

RollingThunder

Looks like something your average Joe cowboy would have been proud to have. I like the realistic utilitarian look. Not everything back in the day was all fancy'd up. Nice work, and really good considering you had a bunged up shoulder.
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Whiskey James SASS#85199

Thanks all for the comments.  I look forward to talkin to you all.  I know I'll have questions as I get more into it.

Whiskey James

JD Alan

Howdy James, nice work. I'm especially impressed with the shotgun belt, becasue (at least for a newbie like me) they are not easy at all. Thanks for sharing your work with us, and welcome to the forum. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GeorgiaWolf

Howdy folks!

This is a holster I made for a SA Colt.
Used a 10 oz. black latigo from Wickett & Craig. The pattern started from the Forty-Niner pak that Will G. sells, and I added my own variation with the back skirt and band. Side welt built-in and hand burnished edge.
What do you think is the best way to attach the skirt to the pouch?.....I prefer the leather ties as it looks more traditional than Chicago screws.  Any other suggestions for attaching?

Thanks for viewing!

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? ....

Dr. Bob

Do it the froggie way!  Ribbits, ribbits, ribbits! :o ::) :D

Sorry fellows, just couldn't pass that up! ;D ;) ;D

BTW, a fine looking holster. ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

GeorgiaWolf

Thanks, Bob!....
I was thinking that rivets would be easier,  but my concern was that the holster couldn't be hung on a drop- slotted belt since ya can't undo the skirt to thread it through the slot.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? ....

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GW,

That is one sweet lookin' Holster. Very nice design and workmanship! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

GW for the first time, you did very well, Welcome to the Leather Shop, we'll be looking for more of your work in the future, KEEP IT UP.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

WJ,
Great job!! I don't know how it could be any better for a firt timer!

GW,
Very nice holster, I like your border.

Glad to have both of you Pards on the forum!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

WJ & GW
Nice work both of you.
Good to have you here.
WC