Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

I got to see this belt up close and personal, and the picture doesn't do it Justus, WC's carving is totally top notch. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

FEATHERS

G'Day RT,Not at all those have given me a geat idea for a pair of chinks for another daughter,I may use your design,if you don't mind.Feathers

RollingThunder

I agree. WC has the scroll work and deco cuts down like nobody's business. I need to woodshed a lot more before I even remotely think I'm that good.

Here's some up close stuff of those chinks, the carving isn't great, but it's not bad. It's the reason why the design-side of my work is stronger than the carving side. But, once I actually get out of production mode, I'll be able to do some of that woodshedding.

And target practice. And riding.

Here's some closeups, Feathers, if that helps any. I free-handed the flowers based in part on the concho on the back.

Enjoy!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

cowboy316

hey there RT i should have you design me some patterns i love those flowers id love to try my hand at carving those
Cowboy316

RollingThunder

LOL. Well, all you have to do is think of what your typical floral tooling is, then draw it with your non-drawing hand, and you'll pretty much have it.  ;D

Wiley Desperado

WC your work is outstanding I wish I could do accent cuts with a swivel knife like you do really nicely done. 
Feathers those are some fine chaps pard.  You and RT need to get in the rodeo cowboy chap business.

cowboywc

RT & Feathers
Both of those are good lookin.
RT
Your carving is very good, don't hang your head for any reason.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

FEATHERS

Howdy All,Altho it's not all leatherwork,I thought you might get a kick out of my horseshoe roper.LIke the chinks RT,any holster guys got a plan for his gun.Feathers

RollingThunder

Now that is just plain awesome, Feathers! Love it! And hey, although this post says "Leathersmiths ... show us yer stuff" it doesn't exactly define "stuff" so that there fella is a welcome addition!

And Cowboy, regardless of what I just said, it don't mean THAT stuff.  :o

;D

LOL. Kiddin' pard!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

RT beautiful work Pard, you're an ARTIST in your on right, I always enjoy seeing your stuff  ::) :D

TW  ;) :D ;D

Feathers, that's pretty COOL Pard   ::) :o 8)

TW    ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Those chinks are very beautiful, pards. Both pairs have their own character. I really like the look they have. Thanks for all the pics. they're enough to make a pard drool.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dalton Masterson

Here are my newest holsters. Both for 1907 Savage .32Acp. The left handed one is for a customer, and the right hand one is for me (finally).
The pics were taken before a coat of Skidmores, which evened out the look on the dyed holster. The right hander will get a little antique work to bring out the details of the stamping, but otherwise is done.

It also doesnt look quite that red. That is a result of the camera flash. Boy I wish it was daylight, so I could use my log pile.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Dave Cole

I know this is not exactly CAS style, but at this time it's the best I can do.It's my 7th holster and 1st gunbelt.Dave :)

Specs:
Belt- 4" x 56" Ranger style w/2" billets, double layer of 10 oz Edge tooled and around inlays
Holster-two inlays, Flap retention by rare earth magnets
belt loop,sheath,double mag pouch, and extra ammo pouch all inlayed
all inlays ,ten in all are croc,all handsewn
The knife is by Lowell Cobb of florida and the gun is a Wildey .45 winmag

[Dead link removed by moderator]

Dave Cole

Dalton, we were posting at the same time. Very nice holsters.Dave ;D

Dalton Masterson

Dave, your work is very nice as well! I had a customer ask me about using magnets awhile back. Its something I need to explore more.
The rest of your rig just looks marvelous!
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Dave Cole

Thanks DM, I used two 3/4" x 1/16" disc's because that was what I had in stock.I inlayed them and covered them with pigskin,and put them against a piece of 440C stainless.I got them here  http://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=10.Dave :)

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Wiley Desperado

Dalton great looking holsters. 
Dave what a beautiful rig that pistola looks like it would drive tacks and very quickly. 

JD Alan

Holy Cow! I get away for a few days and the place explodes with quality work. I had to go back 5 or 6 pages to catch up from the last time I looked. Great work everyone, starting with Clint and moving forward. Like 10 Wolves, I got to see WC's belt in person, very sharp. The saddle is incredible, as are both pairs of chinks. Holsters & belts, my oh my, such quality.

Here in Piru I'm seeing many different rigs, from great quality to cheap stuff, lots to look at. The shoot's great.

Johnny, I visited Custer's battlefield & Bill's place in Cody on my last trip to Sturgis. They are very Cowboy, and well worth the trip, though the battlefield is sobering, as is the Military Cemetery, which I didn't know was there.

Nice work everyone, very inspirational, JD   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

Dalton & Dave, I echo what the others have said, you both did beautiful work, and thanks for the look see  ::) :o 8)

And Dave Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you riding with us. ;D ;D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com