Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

Thunder my friend i think ya done did your farrier good love the  color and the stitching looks fine to meand as for the Marshal dunk what color would that be  ??? hes good at dunkin lots of thing but as for dunking im only good at dunkin doughnuts LOL
and hope with these 2 holster  you pard can do your horses for free for a bit LOL
great word bud keep it up
    Cowboy316

cowboy316

CC
a big welcome from Wyoming you will not find a better bunch of guys  to help and get advicce from they are all top notch
great work bud kepp up the great work
    Cowboy316

JD Alan

Cowboy, I could be wrong, but I think RT is referring to the amount of time Marshall Will puts his holsters in water for wet molding.

If I'm wrong, they will straighten me out :o

RT, that's one fine lookin holster. Did you receive that strip of leather in the mail I sent you? JD

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

RollingThunder

Yes I did, Parson. Emailin' ya back right now.

And yeah, it was "Marshal Will's Water Dunk Technique" ... now, if I was over at Camp Cook's place, I'd dunk the leather in water and dunk some of that Crown into a shotglass. Don't know if that would be good or bad for my leather though.

C316 -- yeah, bartering off a bit of farrier work for leather sure don't hurt. I'm also repairing some front horse boots he has for him, and he was interested in some chinks. LOL. This leather workin' deal is pannin' out a little bit.
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy RT,

You did a beautiful job on your Holster. It has a great look to it. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work RT,

TW  ;) :D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a beautiful holster, RT. I like the color a lot. The Dodge City pattern is one of my favorites.

Very cool sheath, CC. The small basket weave looks good on it. It's always nice to have the first one you made. I don't have too many of my first items. You can always admire them and appreciate the excitement you felt then.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

RT,
Very nice Dodge City rig!! I like the color and the stamping. I cut a Dodge city pattern out 3 months ago, but just havn't got inspired to do it yet!?
Thanks for sharing.
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

Well, Ace, it sounds to me like you need to get on that rig and get'r'done!

Gun Butcher

Wow,, you guys are doing some nice work. I can't believe how much I miss when I'm not on here for a few days :o
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

RollingThunder

Wiley Desperado

RT real good looking holster the coloring is outstanding.

RollingThunder

Thanks Wiley ... now, as with all things of this nature, I have to make it's mirror twin if it fits his pistol.

Camp Cook

New project I just finished for my parents.....

Leather measures about 22".    Pic looks smaller than real life.
I suppose I better russle ya'll up some grub....

Gun Butcher

CC, thats some really nice work. I love the presentation.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Wiley Desperado

CC real nice leather work very creative of you pard they surely will enjoy having it. 

JD Alan

That is really an outstanding sign, very creative. Thanks for sharing the picture of your work. I'm sure your folks appreciate it! JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Cool, CC. The frame really sets off the leather. Good idea.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy CC
That is very cool. Great job.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Howdy CC,

Very nice! What a nifty way to make a sign! Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com