Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiley Desperado

Good leather work Santee also like the coloring.

Gun Butcher

Aw heck Santee they look rite pretty and you will get so use to that ring they make when you walk that you won't hardly be able to go without them ;) ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Camp Cook

The workbench....
I suppose I better russle ya'll up some grub....

Camp Cook

Couple of sheaths...

Camp Cook

Few more sheaths...

Camp Cook

Jesse James Holster for the new .45 Vaquero

Camp Cook

Gun Belt

Dr. Bob

Welcome to the Shop!!  Wow, all those bottles of booze and straight lines and excellent basket stamping.  I might never get started with that set up!! :o  ::) ;) :D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Wiley Desperado

Howdy Camp Cook!  Nice neat well stocked work bench, real nice leather work also.  Thanks for sharing pard.

JD Alan

I was wonderin if you dyed some of your leather with the booze! Nice color, and nice work. Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for sharing the pictures. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ace Lungger

Welcome C.C., :)
That is very nice leather goods you have made!! I am glad that you have joined our group. I think that you will realy enjoy group the pards on here!! I think they are the best in the world!!
Keep up the great work, and keep posting it!
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice CC, is that sheath at the bottom in Cognac 

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Those straps really look great, Santee. Nice work.

CC, that workspace is nice. Very good work, too. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. It's always nice to see new pards' work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Camp Cook,

Welcome to the Forum. You do beautiful work and have a great looking work area to boot! We look forward to seeing your future projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Camp Cook

Thank you all for the warm welcome....

Spilling a little bourbon on my work just adds character....  ;D

Preacher

Hey Fellers. Some where in this site i saw a thread with a formula on cartraige loops. Can any of you pard point me and my hoss up the right trail. Been on here so long my eyes feel like sand paper and my belly thinks my throats been cut. Thanks. Preach
I don't know what's out there beyond those hills but if you ride yonder, head up, eyes steady, heart open...well, I think one day you'll find you're the hero you've been looking for. (Jimmy Stewart, Fievel goes west)

outrider

Howdy Preacher,

You will find info under FAQ/HOW TO/SUPPLIERS thread under Cartridge Loops
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

RollingThunder

OK. So here's the lastest. I'm making a set of holsters for my ferrier. I decided to give the leather the Marshal Will dunk and then work it. Seemed to go just fine. I was actually surprised at all the bubbles. First, no flash so you can see some of the detail.

Now with the flash so you can get a better idea of the color.

A close up on my really questionable stitching skills. And as uneven as it is, it's locked down tighter than Daisie Mae's chastity belt. So, pretty? No. Serviceable? Yes, and then some.

The finish on this is hand-rubbed, a very tiny bit of gel antique dye over EVOO. The shine? About an hour or so of hand-buffing with a soft cloth. Nothing else.

Hope ya'll liked it!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Camp Cook

First knife sheath I ever made.  For a 10 inch chef knife, first knife I ever owned.

Please excuse the poor picture quality....

Camp Cook

Fine work on that holster RT.  Nice simple pattern, excellent color.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com