Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canelo Kid

More nice work showing up every day. Nice rig Johnny! As soon as I get a grandson, he'll be outfitted proper too!

I finished this scabbard for my Pard Buckeye Pete today. He needed it to match his gunbelt and wanted a removable strap, which snaps to the back inside the belt loop.
BWSS  USA #04
BCSS #40

cowboy316

very nicly done CK your pard will be proud to wear that on his waist i would be to
keep up the good work
    Cowboy316

Gun Butcher

Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

JD Alan

That is a heck of a fine example of basket stamping. The color is very nice too. Thanks for sharing the pictures. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Bodie Bascom

Very nice sheath.  That basketweave is well done.
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

CK my thoughts echo the others, nice work

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Hi Johnny,  :)
That is AWESOME  :o :o !! I love the looks of that rig!! I will bet that Grandson thinks he is on top of the world!! I realy look up to you for doing that for your grandson, you have done something for him, that will last a lifetime, and he will never forget it!!!
The world would be a lot better place, if there were more Grandpa's like you!!
Thanks for sharing that Johnny!
Later Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Johnny McCrae on July 14, 2009, 08:37:28 AMThe Two gun rig shown is my personal rig that I use in matches.
Thanks, Looks great. ;)

Nice work on that scabbard, Kid. Good design. You matched the belt nicely.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Canelo Kid,
Thank you for the kind words. Beautiful job on your Pard's scabbard. Great design and workmanship! It should last him a lifetime.

Howdy Ace,
It's great to hear from you! Many thanks for your very kind comments. This was a fun project for me.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Howdy Canelo Kid,
Man I didn't mean to skip your knife sheath, my head must still be fuzzy ??? ??? I didn't see it untill, I opened this thread just know!
I realy like basketweave and you did a killer job!!! :o I can't seem to get my basketweave as strait as you do! Great job!!! Keep up the good work!

Johnnny, it is nice to be back with my friends on here, I am still not super,  It just got me down not being a part of this family, so I had to get back in the saddle. Man I wasn't given you kinds words, I meant every thing I sad!!! 8)
Life is so short, that the things you make for your family are so special, and to have people like you sharing that with us, means so much to me! I know one thing for sure, you grandson has a SUPER GRANDPA!!
Later ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Wiley Desperado

Very nice leatherwork CK you did a great job matching the belt also.

santee

Nice stuff, Kid!
Here are some dove wing spur straps I finished yesterday for the new spurs my wife got me. The photo makes the dye imperfections look blotchy and more red than they actually are. In person they look worn, brown and distressed (I wrinkled the leather like Chuck taught us, too).
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

Those look real good santee. I like the color and the authentic look they have. The spurs look great too. Nice gift! JD

santee

Thanks, JD. The drop shank on them is gonna take a bit of getting used to.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice Santee, I like the way the hook up is centered in the rosette, the color looks fine to me, I personally like the used look over the brand new store bought.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Excellent job Santee! Ten Wolves comments hit the nail on the head. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Hey Pard,  :)
Those are AWESOME spur straps, I have to agree with the pards, they look great!!! Like TW said the Rosette came out perfect!!
Keep up the good work Bud!!
Later ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

JD Alan

Santee, I didn't notice the drop shank until you mentioned it. I just wore spurs for the first time in my life this past Saturday. Our club hosted the 2009 West Coast Western 3 Gun Championship this weekend, and I managed to walk around in them without tripping, falling, or spuring myself. I just wish I had shot as good as I was able to walk with the spurs  :-\

Canelo Kid

Thanks Ace,
I didn't feel the least bit slighted.  ;D

Santee,
Nice spur straps. Just like most of the cowboys probably wore, simple yet functional, with just enough flair. Good work!  :)

Safe trails,
CKid
BWSS  USA #04
BCSS #40

santee

Thanks fellas! JD, I saw the photo you posted in another thread, and your spurs will be fine. Mine are not very conducive to heel-toe walking.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com