NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Wiley Desperado

JD, Dr. Bob, Cowboy, thanks for the kind remarks glad ya'll like the holster very much appreciated.  JD if my bud doesn't like it I'll send it to you pard. 

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy 316,
Looks great! Be sure to show us the finished Holster. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Howdy Wiley,
Very nice! Your design shows a lot of thought and originality. You will have no problem finding a good home for this Holster. Thank you for sharing this.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Willey

Nice work, that's one fancy looking holster, your friend will be happy I'm sure.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Cowboy that is going to be a great looking rig.
  Wiley, you have got a winner there, I have never done a two-tone rig but I am starting to come around to the idea after seeing all of the great looking ones on here.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Wiley Desperado

Gun Butcher, TW and Johnny, thanks for the kind remarks much appreciated.  Johnny don't give me more credit than I deserve for originality the holster design comes from an old Tandy pattern I left off the thumb break.   

Marshal Will Wingam

Wiley, I think he'll be really pleased with that one. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboy316

ok pards here is my Will Ghormley 7 1/2 " Colt Law Dog holster with toe plug had a tuff time with the stitch line onbottom part but it will hold  take a look and enjoy pards anf thanks again for all the help
    Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

Very good, Cowboy. That's a nice-looking holster. That toe plug will do fine. After a few thousand, it'll be a breeze. LOL, just joking. You'll find the next one will go a lot easier.

Gun Butcher

Good job on the holster. Toe plugs seem to be a lot like sewing the welt on a boot sole and Marshall is right you will get the feel for where your awl is going to come out. It does get easier.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy CB316,

That is a good looking Holster! Great carving & a nifty design! Many thanks for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Wiley Desperado

CB316 nice work really like the carving and coloring on that holster toe plug looks good to me, now I guess I am going to have to try my hand at a toe plug soon. 

WC and Marshal thanks for the kind remarks much appreciated.

Preacher

Well I'm new to the site but what better way to get started than to don on yer boots hitch up the britches and pull down the hat and JUMP in. I bought a boot repair shop 3 yrs ago and was always asked to do this or that so I stared to do the custom stuff that people seemed to want so here it some of it. Don't have pics of the first but do after that. All criticism kindly accepted :o ;D Thanks, Preacher
I don't know what's out there beyond those hills but if you ride yonder, head up, eyes steady, heart open...well, I think one day you'll find you're the hero you've been looking for. (Jimmy Stewart, Fievel goes west)

JD Alan

Welcome Preacher. I'm a preacher myself, pastor at an Assembly of God church in Oregon the past 20 years or so. That's some nice looking work there. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the Forum. You'll find a great group of Pards here, very helpful. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Gun Butcher

Howdy Preacher, welcome to the fire. I learned boot and shoe repair from ol Bob Ross at texas tech many moons ago. Haven't used those skills for about 28 years.
What exactly was it you wanted us to criticise. I just ask cause you must have left that picture out. I don't see anything in the ones you posted except some mighty fine lookin' work.

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, Preacher. That's some mighty fine work you're doing.  The tooling on both holsters looks very good. The little 25 rig is clean and nicely molded. Glad to see new pards in here. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Preacher

You fellers are much to kind. But I'm not complaining. The 25 was just a real quick job. It's actually mine. I just dipped er in the bucket eyed it with the thumbs and walla an hr later. The 44 is a Jesse James money belt and holster .I hat to mod the pattern fron WG's patterns to fit this particular gun. The only thig that I don't like is that I got the belt loop to low which makes this gun rather top heavy. the other one pretty much turned out the way I wanted it. Thanks :-X
I don't know what's out there beyond those hills but if you ride yonder, head up, eyes steady, heart open...well, I think one day you'll find you're the hero you've been looking for. (Jimmy Stewart, Fievel goes west)

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Preacher,

Welcome to the forum. That is some very nice looking leather work you have posted. We look forward to seeing your future projects. Keep em' coming.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com