Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

That holster is really nice 316, Ned did you good Pard

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents  ;D

Well thanks to my friend Outrider in helping me with his pancake holster I made one and I really like it, you can vary the stitch line for different guns, I made this one for my Wife's cousin in Texas, I also made a shoulder holster for him too, both holster's were dyed in coffee, and finished the way I like to finish leather, both were wet molded to to a 1911.

Thanks for taking a look see

Regards

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

thanks pards im greatful to Ned for the patterns
Ned
you say toe plug and i wanna run the other way im not sure
i can do it LOL
and on another note i got to take my work down to the local gun shop we had just open
and work a deal with him to buy holster from me talked to him today and he is interested in sell ing them
so i got my foot in another door and boy oh boy talk bout some sweet shootin irons made me drool LOL
thanks for all the kind words pards
Cowboy316

PS wasnt to sure on the belt loop so i made my own idea of how it should look and to my surprise it hangs good on a belt
so i got lucky
thanks
Cowboy316

Dr. Bob

C316,

Ya know, you brought up the only shortcoming with this here City.  We NEED a drooling emoticon!!  ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

GunClick Rick

Quote from: RollingThunder on June 20, 2009, 09:33:00 PM
That's quite the compliment padre, but I'd be afraid I'd screw them up.

It does give me an idea, though. You know those quilts, where they send them here and there and everyone does a part? We should do something like that. But it has to be a piece that everyone can sign and put their name on. And if enough fellas want to do it, maybe we can do a few projects.

Then maybe we can auction them off or something, and send the money someplace it would help. Or simply give it to one of the members who is down and needs a little pick me up.

Sound like an idea? Who's in?

That's a good idea,i have always wanted a square piece of tooled leather with Will Ghormely's sig on it.Might have to get one from all the makers.A makers mark collection. ;DMy wife spends all my money,i cain't afford them fancy hollywood holsters.
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Quote from: will ghormley on June 18, 2009, 02:22:35 PM
Reproduction of Roy Rogers Saddle

Hey Folks,

Just over seven years ago, I became the only saddle maker in the world to be allowed to go behind the glass at the Roy Rogers & Dale Evens Museum in California, and make a replica of Roy's saddle, (and yes, I do intend on haveing that carved on my grave marker).

Well, all the photos I took of the saddle got lost in a computer hard drive crash.  Just today, Dutch, (the director of Happy Trails Children's Foundation), had new photos sent to me.  They were so much nicer than the ones I lost, I canged my whole Roy Rogers Saddle page.  To see the photos, click this link: 

Willl you must have hands of steel,i don't even want to know how many hours you got in that saddle.I was at Roy funeral service.My aunt and uncle knew him real well and an artist friend knew him also,i was goin to go meet him and show him my motorcycle,but the time i was goin he had passed,so i missed him by about 4 days so went to the services.They had the museum closed then,and moved it to Branson Missouri after.

[Dead link removed by moderator]

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/RoysSaddle.html 

Will

Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

Here's the way mine turned out.

Cowboy I'll be glad to answer some questions about the toe plug, just ask! ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Marshall Will,
Great Rifle Butt cover! I really like your choice of materials. Thank you for sharing your talents and expertise with us.

Howdy Cowboy 316,
Another beautiful job form your workshop! The double row of stitching looks cool. Many thanks for sharing.

Howdy Ten Wolves,
Outstanding! Those are great designs with a beautiful finish. Did you use Walnut dye or Coffe dye? Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Howdy Ned,
Excellent job on your Slim Jim rig! Great design and workmanship. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

Great work guys, thanks for sharing. It is an inspiration. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Johnny

Thanks for the kind words on my Shoulder holster and Pancake holster, these were first for me, and I was real happy with the way they came out, they were both dyed in coffee for 1 1/2 days, my post got passed up, I didn't think anyone was going to see these, thanks for taking a look see.

Ned your holster and gun belt look great, lowering the top of the bucket gives it that gun slinger look, Well Done Pard. ::)

Regards

JD Alan

10 Wolves, the coffee dye job came out really nice. I haven't tried it, but that's gonna change today. Johnny McCrae sent me a sample of leather he dyed with coffee, if memory serves, that really looks great. Thanks for the inspiration.JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboywc

Howdy TW
Great lookin.
You make me proud.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Bad Hombre

Well Howdy boys!!
Some nice looking work going on here.
Cowboy316, you've got one nice string of holsters going on there!! Nice work!!
Ten Wloves its good to see ya found something good to do with coffee...how can something smell so good and taste so bad!!!
Great work on the pancake and shoulder rig...humm pancakes and coffee...do you do most of your work in the morning???
And I like those butt covers...most butts sure do need to be covered!!!
I do a few, and lever-wraps too.
BH

"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards

Thanks JD, I appreciate your comments Pard, give the coffee a try, I really like all these natural dyes, they just give a color nothing else can, or least that I've found.

Thanks WC, I'll bring this one and the others in for ya to see before I send them off, which reminds me I haven't posted them yet, Thanks for your help on all this.

BH, if ya haven't had pancakes and coffee on your shoulder yet, you ain't liven right, don't ya know. LOL, thanks for the kinds words on my work, you did a bang up job on your but cover and lever wrap, nice lacing too, thanks for letting us take a look see.

Regads

Gun Butcher

Whew, I am having a hard time keeping up with you pards again. You are all turning out some great work. It is a priviledge to be able to see all of it.
Come to think of it, we probably see more fine leatherwork in one week than other people see in a month. And on top of that we get to keep it to look at whenever we want.

It don't get no better than this.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I almost forgot to post this,my wife's cousin in Oklahoma has a Walker 47 that was made in 1853, some of the family took pictures of it, thinking maybe I could make a holster for it, will I didn't have a gun to use as a pattern so I went to WC and he was able to help me out with this, the holster is also from the 1800's, the picture below is the new holster for it, it was dyed in natural walnut dye, and finished as I like to finish.

Thanks for stopping by

Regards

Gun Butcher

Nice holster 10W, and very nice pistols
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Darn, pards. I don't get a chance to look in for a day and there's a whole host of new stuff. You guys have been at it, for sure.

Nice holster, Cowboy. The color is just perfect for the piece. Nice border & stitching.

More nice holsters, 10W. I like the subtle two-tone look. Good work. That Walker holster is a good-looking one. The oldies are really interesting, too. Thanks for those pcs.

Very nice work, Ned. That pattern seems to do well in dark shades.

BH, good work on the butt cover and lever wrap. I haven't seen one laced up like that before. It really does have a nice, solid look to it. The contoured front edge of the cover is a nice touch.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

ChuckBurrows

Lots of nice things going on here folks........been trying to get caught up on orders after having pneumonia - got well - then got the flu  >:( so haven't had much time to spend perusing the web other than a quick look see now and again...anyway enough jabber here's some pics of what I've been up to.......
A heavily aged belt with 1880's antique roller buckle ..........

Beaded Knifesheath.....

Knife and Sheath - the knife handle is turquoise and beadwork....

Carved Holster from Packing Iron - original was made in Montrose, Colo......

aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Dalton Masterson

Nice Walker holster, 10W!! Your pancake looks good too!

Chuck, nice work as always, but check your last pic. I think thats the same pic as the one before!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com