Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy JD,

Very nice! Its good to see you back in the saddle. Thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

RollingThunder

I'd imagine it depends on whether or not it interferes with the way you hold the rifle to your shoulder. To me, it makes more sense to have it to the back, but I'm not a rifleman either.

;)
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

JD Alan

We have a match today, so I will see how it works out. I rnay end up switching it around. I've done a little practicing, but this will be my first match since the stroke. I'm going to consider it a success if I complete all the stages, and don't drop a gun or shoot myself in the foot. :-\

Johnny, I watched your DVD yesterday, and I sure appreciate you making it, and sending me a copy. It is definitely helpful. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Skeeter Lewis

The idea of a Picture Gallery sounds good to me: it would be a terrific resource. Skeet.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy JD

You did a nice job on your rifle but cover, you ask about the tying, I always start from the back and and lace to the front, after making a good square not, I pull the remaining rawhide lace back under all the way to the back, here are some pictures, you can do it anyway you want , this is just how I do it. hope this helps.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

The bead work is really a nice touch on that one Ten Wolves. Ads a bit of color to that Sharps!

Just got done with a West Texas holster for my neighbor. Enjoy!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy RT

You did a great job on this West Texas Holster,I like the tooling and the way you adorned the loop with the spots and conchos's.
It has that old look to it, even your flower carving has that aged look to it, nice color too, well done Pard... ::) 8)

Regards

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

Well, here's the real secret to making it look old, and don't ya'll go tellin' no one. I don't even think Chuck or David or OCB know this secret.

Alright. Everyone here? Pinky swear never to tell a soul!

OK. Here's the secret.

Use crappy leather and be a horrible leather carver. Works every time.  ;D

cowboywc

Howdy RT
That is a good lookin holster, crappy leather or not.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Howdy RT,

That is one outstanding Holster! Your neighbor will be very proud to wear it. Thank you for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

RT, you get the most awesome color on youir leather projects. I feel like sending you the things I put together for you to dye and finish them. Very nice work. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

RollingThunder

That's quite the compliment padre, but I'd be afraid I'd screw them up.

It does give me an idea, though. You know those quilts, where they send them here and there and everyone does a part? We should do something like that. But it has to be a piece that everyone can sign and put their name on. And if enough fellas want to do it, maybe we can do a few projects.

Then maybe we can auction them off or something, and send the money someplace it would help. Or simply give it to one of the members who is down and needs a little pick me up.

Sound like an idea? Who's in?

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: JD Alan on June 19, 2009, 10:17:27 PMIs that what Bass Ackwards is all about  :o  I laced it that way because all the pictures I've seen have them laced that way. I guess I haven't seen enough pictures! Now that you mention it, it makes sense.
Nice butt cover, pard. Looks good. I lace mine the same way you did so I can get them on as tightly as possible. I make mine to fit snug. It's a stretch just to get them started.

Nice butt covers, 10W. I like the bottom one a lot.

Very good holster, RT. It really looks like a winner.

A photo gallery is a good idea. We may want to make a thread and when you post a good pic to a thread, run over and post a link to the pic you just posted.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

RollingThunder

I like the heart concho there Marshal, and that roughout gives you lots of grip I bet. Nice work!

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, RT. That's on my wife's rifle. Her pistol rig has them, too.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Looks good Will, you were able to get it nice and tight too, which makes a big difference when putting to the shoulder, you don't want it loose or slipping around.

Marshal Will Wingam

cowboy316

howdy pards just finished buffing this slim jim holster dyed with feibings russet and a skidmores finish coat
the patterns are from me friend Ned hats off to him for all the patterns so here to Ned thank you pard
and every one else enjoy thanks for everything
   Cowboy316

Dr. Bob

C316,

WOW!!!  I really like the use of 2 different border stamps.  I'd be proud to wear that to any shoot!!  Ya done real good! ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ned Buckshot

Very nice Cowboy! Looks real good. 8)That's a design I came up with for Dennis Addler and it even appears in a couple of differant publications. Very low cut and an easy draw. Next time you make one try a toe plug in it, that's the way I did it.

Glad to see you're getting some use out of the patterns.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com