Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpman

Marshal Will Wingam

That's great, H-man. Nice way to lower the holster by putting the curve in the belt. I do that slightly with mine but usually only to get to the point they will eventually be with time. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

harpman

Thanks Marshal.....I really like it like that too, it sits perfect, not up on the hip, but not to low for discomfort, If I slide the whole belt just a tad forward towards my front leg and stand with body twisted to the right just a little bit, it makes for a really fast draw....fun stuff, I'm already working on another one, probly make it much like this one, then after it go for another design.

will ghormley

I don't know how to post no picture, but I can give you a link to the rig I made for Russell Crowe in the re-make of "3:10 to Yuma".  http://www.willghormley-maker.com/310toYuma.html

Will
"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Marshal Will Wingam

That's great, Will. The link is good, I liked reading about it. You sure did get the proper effect. Thanks for sharing.

Dalton Masterson

Great work as always Will. I have to say, I love your patterns, but how bout a nice shoulder rig? DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

will ghormley

Isn't a good shoulder rig an oxymoron?  I made a double shoulder rig for Peter Fonda to wear in "3:10 to Yuma", but I hated it so much I never sent it to New Mexico!  I've never wore a sholder rig I liked, except for the modified "Tankers" rig I carried my 1911 in, and that wasn't really cowboy.  Oh well.  If I can come up with something I like, and TLF will buy enough patterns to make it worth printing, I'll come out with one.  But, until then, I'd rather do nuthin' than do somthin' slip-shod.

Will

Will Ghormley

Dalton Masterson

True, I cant seem to make the ones I have made very comfy to wear long, and I always fidget with them. Just in love with the look I think. I have toyed with the idea of modifying my father inlaws 1911 rig for cowboy, but havent gotten too serious about it.
I just like the look of a 51 colt snubby tucked under a vest. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Johnny McCrae

Here is a rig I just finished for myself. The Cross-Draw is for my 1851 RM Navy Colt and the Strong-Side is for my 1872 Army Open-top.

My edges and finishing are improving thanks to the tips received on this forum and the Wild Rose Holster Video.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice rig, Johnny. Those holsters look good. Nice work on the edges.

Marshal Will Wingam

Keep posting your pictures of new leatherwork, pards. The discussion on shoulder holsters is a good one so I split it off into its own thread. Let's keep it going. Here's the link: http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,15177.new.html#new

Lincoln County

Lots of nice work here!!  I finished this one the other night, and find it to be a very useful design for totin one of my favorite guns.  For concealed carry, I usually use a Mernickle design, but this one serves a need in the field.  I borrowed liberally from the Threepersons and Lawrence 120 designs.  This picture isn't great, but I'm inept!!

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks good, pard. I like the partial patterning on it. Nice touch to wrap the liner around the edge the way you did. Thanks for the pic.

I find my camera makes fuzzy photos when I'm too close to the subject. I have to back up and zoom in a little to get a clear pic.

Brazos Jack

Howdy folks!  Another pattern hot off the press! This is my new Callahan Lightning Holster. This rascal is so fast it almost scares me . . . . . . almost!

Thanks as always.

Brazos Jack

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a good holster. I like the way it catches the front of the trigger guard but is still open and easy to grab your pistol, much like some of the holsters in the 1800's. Thanks for the pic.

Brazos Jack

Thanks Marshal, these are designed with safety in mind so one does not need to grab the pistols everytime they move. Even with zero retention, you would just about have to be laying down for the pistol to fall out.

Slowhand Bob

Thats a great looking holster Brazos, now I see where you been hiding.  I just posted elsewhere about the fact that I dropped an empty pistol at a recent match.  Was trying to carry a pair of Schofields in those blasted style bucket holsters.  It has me thinking I will not make any more, as a poor design is no design and if its not safe I shouldn't promote its use to others.  When will the new pattern be on the shelves?

Lincoln County, I really like the design for a field and personal carry holster.  My guess would be that the rolled over liner will offer stability and stiffness at the mouth to prevent any tendency towards loss of shape. If you do not mind, what is the total weight of the combined leather with liner on this one. 

will ghormley

I still haven't figured out how to post photos on this sight yet.  I hit the photo icon on the "post reply" page, and it doesn't let me just copy and paste photos from somewhere else.  Oh well...old dogs and new tricks and all...

So, I had to wait until I had the web-page up and runnin' for my latest bit of leather craft.  If you'd like to see it, and read a little bit of history on the last of the "cattle drive" inspired stock saddles, the link is:

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/1890saddle.html

Will

Will Ghormley

Marshal Will Wingam

That was a great write-up, Will. I really like reading about the way saddles and such were made in the 1800's. Thanks for posting the link.

There is a thread somewhere that describes how to insert photos. I'll see if I can find it and post a link for you. In this instance, the link was better anyway but it will be nice to know how to post a picture at times.

Later:00 OK, it's the thread on "Posting Photos" and you can always get to it by using the link in the "How-To FAQ" thread.

Brazos Jack

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on June 06, 2007, 05:46:35 AM
Thats a great looking holster Brazos, now I see where you been hiding.  I just posted elsewhere about the fact that I dropped an empty pistol at a recent match.  Was trying to carry a pair of Schofields in those blasted style bucket holsters.  It has me thinking I will not make any more, as a poor design is no design and if its not safe I shouldn't promote its use to others.  When will the new pattern be on the shelves?

Lincoln County, I really like the design for a field and personal carry holster.  My guess would be that the rolled over liner will offer stability and stiffness at the mouth to prevent any tendency towards loss of shape. If you do not mind, what is the total weight of the combined leather with liner on this one. 

Slowhand,

In answer to you question; As of last week.

Until things get settled with my distributer in Fort Worth, all my new stuff is only available from the Web Site.

Thanks Pard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com