Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

Beautiful work Cowboy, I am going to try some of that incise work on my rifle sling. Got any words of wisdom before I get started ;)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy 316,

Like I said, you are artist in leather. Thank you for sharing your fine work.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboy316

thanks pards for all the kind words make me feel good and im enjoying what im doing
GB and for words of wisdom im short on them there idears but i got one word  "PRACTICE"  LOL

and i just got an outline for a pistol a long time family friend has a Colt .22 lr single action Frontier Scout
a Wyoming collecters edition cant remember what they called it but there were only lie 1500 made
so im gonna do a something special for it even tho it may never see the pistol in it LOLhe keeps it in the box un shot
well better get to the leather shop and get some fringe leather and some spots
thanks again pards for the help and encouragement
      Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Like others have said, 316, absolutely beautiful, I could only wish I had a steady hand like yours, you're a real talent to say the least, so keep them coming, you're an encouragement to all of us to do better.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Irish Dave

Awful lot of nice work gettin' posted these days.
My congrats to all. Gettin' hard for me to keep up with all the new leather being posted.
I guess just another example of how valuable this board is.

Well done, pards.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Dr. Bob

Howdy C316,

Now I gotta wipe the drool off of my 1950's tie.  Wow, that is Beautiful!! ;D ;D ;D  Thanks for sharing!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

cowboy316

Thanks pards for all the kind words its taken to heart

Santee my friend believe it or not thats just evoo and Skidmores for the finish

thanks again pards ive got a cool one in the works now just need some buckskin for the fringe LOL
   Cowboy316

will ghormley

Reproduction of Roy Rogers Saddle

Hey Folks,

Just over seven years ago, I became the only saddle maker in the world to be allowed to go behind the glass at the Roy Rogers & Dale Evens Museum in California, and make a replica of Roy's saddle, (and yes, I do intend on haveing that carved on my grave marker).

Well, all the photos I took of the saddle got lost in a computer hard drive crash.  Just today, Dutch, (the director of Happy Trails Children's Foundation), had new photos sent to me.  They were so much nicer than the ones I lost, I canged my whole Roy Rogers Saddle page.  To see the photos, click this link: 

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/RoysSaddle.html 

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

cowboy316

Will
Very SWEEEEEET looking  have always loved the looks of that saddle great repo of it
love your holster patterns too
     Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

That's beautiful, Will. You did an outstanding job on that one. I wouldn't be able to tell it from the original. Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

June 18, 2009, now 300 pages of this topic full of beautiful work!! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

outrider

I agree with you Bob....there is alot of beautiful work in this forum......but sometimes it's hard to back track to try and find a specific item.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

I've been perusing the early stuff and enjoying this thread all over. Some of the photobucket photos have disappeared but there are a lot more still showing. The ones that get loaded into the thread and have an icon to link to the photo will be there forever. Great stuff. I love looking at eveyone's work. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

RollingThunder

Hey Marshall ... is there a gallery section of the site? Might be a good place to round all these images up and submit them to for sort of an "ideas" gallery.
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Good idea RT, A Pictures only Gallery, with maybe a caption of where they came from / thread and page, that sure would speed things up when trying to find something/picture / information, great idea, but it would take some work to put it all together.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

I made a butt cover for my '66 Yellow Boy today. It's the first one I've made. My wife sewed the strap on with her pretty heavy duty Janome. I switched over from another model rifle a few months ago, and found it hard to get use to the crescent butt. I'm wondering if there is a cool way to tie off the lacing. The pistol is from my dad's collection, passed on to me. It's been in the family a long time.

Now that I can do this again (Post stroke) I'm looking forward to making some holsters. JD

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

RollingThunder

Perdy slick Padre! I'd only recommend that you lace it in the other direction, so that the knot is down on the other end. Other than that, I'd say that you covered your butt really well!  ;D
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

JD Alan

Is that what Bass Ackwards is all about  :o  I laced it that way because all the pictures I've seen have them laced that way. I guess I haven't seen enough pictures! Now that you mention it, it makes sense.

Thanks! JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Gun Butcher

Nice work JD, its good to be back isn't it.  Most of the butt pads are laced like yours but I don't think its a rule.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com