Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Alan

Outrider, you sure do produce sharp looking holsters, with clean lines, great stamping, and good color. You are definitely a pro. Thanks for sharing, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

Outrider
very slick holster wouldnt mind having that in my pattern collection LOL
keep up the great work love your work
  Cowboy316 

RollingThunder

Just figured I'd pop up and pipe in and let you all know I'm still alive and working hard. So I finished my gunbelt for my '51 Colt Navy. Here's some pics! Not an exact match for my holster, but it'll be better than just my regular belt.

You can see the difference in the dye work I did on the two pieces. One I did to make it look like it's brand new, and the other I added a little age to. I need to work on these techniques because they're not all that great. But they are progressing.

Generally though, the holster has a coat of Fiebings Leather Shene, but the belt is hand-buffed and waxed. The buffing came along really well, and I finished it off with Blackrock and a good brush buffing. The back of the belt still needs to be dyed.

Range marks and scuffs sort of fortuitously landed where there would be scuffs from sitting against a rough surface. Kinda gives it character, so the antiqued look sort of works here.

And it hangs nice on the hip.

Have a good night everyone! :D
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

JD Alan

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Outrider & RT,

That is some beautiful work you Gents have posted. Thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Rt

Very nice Pard, nice rich color, and the color/ tone and shade look good to me, like you said a slight aging, I really like your choice of border tooling, all in all this rig looks great, a BIG WELL DONE for sure. ::) :o 8) ;D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

I wanted something simple, and old-fashioned looking so I just did the shell up the sides, and the veiner and small flower. Reminded me of something I'd seen in Packing Iron. And besides, you guys are always doing these really sweet, tasteful rigs, so I had to see if I could do something similar. :D

cowboy316

RT
got one word for your rig "SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET"
Cowboy316

RollingThunder

LOL. Thanks man. :D I need to get around these parts more often too.

cowboy316

hey guys me again with a version of the patter Slowhand Bob posted for us to print out and use i left the skirt off but thats all i did  so the pattern
   enjoy pards

Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

Really good work, Rt, Cowboy. I roll in from Colorado and such places and find this great stuff. Thanks for the posts.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work 316, you're getting to be an old hand at this, well done pard  ::) :o 8) ;D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

Love the scroll work on this! Very tastefully done!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy CW 316,

Very very nice! you are becoming a true artist in leather. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboy316

hey pards this is for you Will Ghormley Fan whiich im proud to say I AM TO after doing this Cheyenne Style holster the was in The 2001 10th Anniversary issue of The Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal and the carving Pattern is one of Wills to that Mr Santee sent me awhile back for  Colt & 1/2"Forty niner parrten
     thanks every one for the help and encouragement
    Cowboy316

JD Alan

Boy, Cowboy 316, you're just flat knockin'm out of the park! The last two have been great. I'm going to attempt to use Slowhand Bob's pattern as well this week. I will keep the skirt, because it seems to help stablize the holster when it's in use. I willl mock one up first, to make sure my NM Vaqueros fit like I want them to.

I cut out and glued a holster from one of Outrider's 1911 patterns yesterday (Thanks again Outrider!) I will stitch it up later  today or tomorrow, (got to get to church, they're expecting me!) and hopefully it will fit the Para O. auto I'm making it for. I had to add a little to the pattern, because the Para is stouter than the Colt single stack I believe the pattern was intended for.

Good work, keep it up. I'm certain you should be able to find a market for such fine work   

JD

cowboywc

Howdy Cowboy
Good lookin Holster. Nice job.
Keep um coming.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

That's very good incising, Cowboy. Nice work. 8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com