Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Kid,

Beautiful work! Very neat and professional looking!. Thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Welcome CK,  :)
Glad to have you with us! Nice looking rigs!! No doubt you are not a rookie to leather work, because those are very nice holsters! Like MW. said, I like the basketweave stamp, I think I have one close to it, mine is a Midas and i have 2 sizes. I am very glad that you have shared with us, you won't ever find a better bunch of Pards than there is on this forum! I call these pards my family, they have all been so help full and the friendship you can make on here, is AWESOME!
Glad to have you aboard!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Seth Shaw

Quote from: Bad Hombre on May 23, 2009, 10:59:40 AM
Thanks for the words boys!!
CB 316...fine looking holsters, love the colors...how did you get that yellowish color?
JD, most all my personal rigs are abby-normal...never much liked being the "same"!!
Problem is, at shoots no one notices what I wear because of "her"!!
Yep the wife had a bad problem with her back and hip...two stages and she was hurting bad!
What to do??? We always shoot together and that's the way it is!!!!!
Eyeballing through her Cowgirlly books, I spided " the Bronc-Buster belt".... Aha!!
I actually said that...Aha!! So I turned one into "the Bronc-Buster B-Western special".
No more back-hip pain, no more having to leave her pistols in the cart, no more gimping around!!!!!!!!!
YeHa!! When she's Happy, I'm Happy..ya know what I mean!!
Life is good!!!!But no one notices what I wear!!!
BH

Great idea brother! Nothing is more rewarding than making a beautiful, comfortable rig for your lady. Anything we boys can do to keep our girls shooting is well worth the time and effort! I'm about finished with my 2nd try at building the perfect gun-rig for my wife :) I'll throw pics up as soon as it's done.
See me takin' shots at the bar like I'm bullet-proof.
USFA-CSS #176

JD Alan

Hey RT, great looking holster. I agree with Marsshall Will, great color, but then you seem to always have great color on your various projects. I enjoy looking at holsters that I have tools for. It gives me inspiration, even if I can't stamp as good!

Mr. Canelo Kid, fine looking holsters there. I'm a big fan of basket stamping, and you've done a great job of it with that first holster. The Wild Bunch holster is quite sharp. Is that your design? It looks very functional. Thanks for sharing your work, and welcome to the Forum. Like Ace said, there's a great group of guys here. JD     
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ace Lungger

Howdy Pards,  :)
i wanted to drop a note about what SS. said! you guys that have your gals shooting with you, don't know how lucky you are! I wished my wife would shoot, but she won't! She is a good shot to, but the guns don't mean anything to her. So when all you Pards that have your Honeys shooting with you, you all need to give them a big Kiss tonight and tell them talks for being a part of you Cowboy life.

See ya later on down the Trail!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Canelo Kid

Thanks All,

I appreciate your kind words. Yes, JD, the WB holster is my own design. The Vaquero sgl loop is a variation of Everyman's holster. When you come right down to it though, we all copy something to a degree. Been at this off and on for forty years since my Mom taught me to carve. Had to get my new bi-focals to start up again, couldn't hold the tools far enough away to see 'em. :o

As far as taking your better half out, Canelo kate has been my posse pard for ten years of CAS now and I couldn't be happier. I've had a lot of back issues and believe me when I say she will leave me at home to go to a shoot. I don't mind though as it sure makes it easier to get that new brace of pistols, or that sweet lil' double  I had my eye on.  ;D  She says it's the best of both world, shopping and shooting! Got to get started soon on her Anniversary Rig as promised. I'll post when it's done as she wants full floral carving.

Safe trails,
CKid
BWSS  USA #04
BCSS #40

cowboy316

hey pards
just finished up my first mexican loop holster from the Al Stohlman HOw to make holsters book
dyed with a feibings russet and the wide border is cot a coat of feibings dark brown
enjoy guys
     Cowboy316

Dr. Bob

C316,

Looks great!  Ya done good there. ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy,

Beautiful work! Great job of carving and stitching! Looking forward to seeing your next projects. Thanks for sharing.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Howdy CB316,
AWESOME, I am lost for words :o I know that is hard for you all to believe, but what more can I say!
Thanks for sharing, it is Beatifull!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

JD Alan

You keep going like you are Cowboy, you're gonna start giving carving and holster making lessons. Nice work, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny Dingus

Cowboy, you done good pard.

Realy nice carving and color to this one.  Your quality of craftmanship is top notch.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Gun Butcher

Cowboy, your carving is outstanding. Nothing else can be said.   Sent a PM to you.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

got the making of good holster down now just need to find a market for them cuz the wife is bout to ring my neck if i dont start making some money with them LOL
    Cowboy316

Skeeter Lewis

Guy, I hear you. I've got more holsters than a sane man needs.

Ace Lungger

CB316,
You and I are in the same boat! I think, I will start putting stuff on ebay and just take what I can get! CB, i didn't mean quality wise, I ment money wise! I have allways tried to get my hobbies to pay for them selfs! Never had enough extra money, to have stuff laying around! I figure, If I could just recover the cost of the leather, I would be happy! :)
There's no doubt in my mind that you will have any problems selling the stuff you make! but there is a lot of compition in selling leather goods, because there is so much of the Mexican Imported Cowboy gear!
Latter
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

Doggone, that looks really nice, Cowboy. Good work. I like the color you got on it.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

hey pards you guys are gonna get sick of seeing all theses but i just enjoy making them and showing them off this one is for a .357 Smith & Wesson 3 1/2 inch barrel open toed but i stitched the bottom edge before i stitched the sides then did a coat of light brown let it dry then went to put another coat on and grabbed my dark brown by mistake  :P but it worked out i dyed the back grounding with USMC black and made the carving really pop and buffed the tar out if it LOL
    enjoy pards
      Cowboy316

RollingThunder

They just keep looking cooler and cooler! Bravo!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com