Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy 316,
Beautiful work! Great design and workmanship. Neat job of stitching.

Howdy Cowboy WC,
Congratulations on your award! I sure wish I could have been there
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

WC, I agree with Ace. If you got an Honorable mention, what the heck was there that took first place? From my experience, you never know what you're going to find a a State or County fair. I don't want to dis someone else's work, but your work is just so good, we want to stick up for you!       
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Skeeter Lewis

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on May 19, 2009, 03:07:48 PM
I assume when anyone hauls out a maker's stamp, they warn the others at the table? ;)

Nice one, Marshal.

cowboywc

Howdy All
Thank you for the kind words.
The best we all could figure was that the judges liked laced items not sewn.
Some day the judges will get educated on leathercraft.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Bad Hombre

Howdy Boys
Well WC, I can tell ya that lace work in a dang sight easier than the border/carving work you do!!
Your work is special!! That rig is beau-tee-ful.
Speakin of...I don't usually do somethin twice (can't remember that long)
Made a pard a sheath...like it, so I made my ownself one.
Made it so the knife gos in reversible...so it can be on left or right side.
Now I can have a bigger knife on my rig when I feelin red...ish!!
BH
"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

cowboy316

hey there pards me again with 2 new holsters for ya to drool on LOL
the first one is for a .45 colt semi auto and the next one is another .38 colt
enjoy guys and thanks for all the help and encouragment
     Cowboy316

PS these patterns are out of the Al Stohlman How to make holsters Book LOL

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents  ;D

BH, you really did a great job on this sheath Pard, and your gun rig looks great too, lacing always adds a nice touch the things.

TW   ;) :D ;D

C316, your holsters came out Awesome, your tolling looks professional, welcome to the world of holster and gun belt? making. ;) :D ;D

TW   ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Hody BH,
Awesome leather work,  get leather work!!

Cowboy316,
Man you got that 3D carving effect down to a T!
Thanks for sharing!
Later ACE

member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Howdy BH
Thank you for the kind words.
Good lookin sheath.

Cowboy316
Nice lookin holsters. Keep up the good work.

WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Gun Butcher

Bad, that is one sharp rig, I love the color.

C316, man you need to slow down ,you are now gittin better by the minute. You could take a few years off and let the rest of us catch up ;) ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

GB
i did take bout 10 years off cuz i didnt think i was doing very good and needed to make my wife a xmas present so i did here a purse and then i started doing it again and here i am LOL
Cowboy316

Dalton Masterson

Very good work, both of you!
Love the style of that sheath.
Nice carving, cowboy!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice work, BH. I like making the one reversable. That's a good idea. The rig has a good look to it. Nice stuff.

Cowboy, you're getting the carving down nicely. I see you're getting into some multiple colors. You can have a lot of fun with that. That lower one is really good tooling.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Skeeter Lewis

316 - that's classic floral carving. Nice.

JD Alan

BH & CB 316, I sure do appreciate you sharing the work you are doing. It makes me want to make some holsters myself. Right now I really need the motivation to push past some of the hinderances and get working again

BH, the rig you've got there is very cool looking. Definitely not what you normally see on the range. I would imagine if you wore that to any CAS match, you'd have people asking you about making them a rig.

CB your carving & coloring skills have jumped way off the chart. The stitching is very nice. Are you doing two needle stitching?

Thanks guys, JD

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Bad Hombre

Thanks for the words boys!!
CB 316...fine looking holsters, love the colors...how did you get that yellowish color?
JD, most all my personal rigs are abby-normal...never much liked being the "same"!!
Problem is, at shoots no one notices what I wear because of "her"!!
Yep the wife had a bad problem with her back and hip...two stages and she was hurting bad!
What to do??? We always shoot together and that's the way it is!!!!!
Eyeballing through her Cowgirlly books, I spided " the Bronc-Buster belt".... Aha!!
I actually said that...Aha!! So I turned one into "the Bronc-Buster B-Western special".
No more back-hip pain, no more having to leave her pistols in the cart, no more gimping around!!!!!!!!!
YeHa!! When she's Happy, I'm Happy..ya know what I mean!!
Life is good!!!!But no one notices what I wear!!!
BH
"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a fascinating rig, BH. What a good idea to use the belt for  a solution. Very good idea. Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

thanks pard for the kind word if it wasnt for you guys i wouldnt be doing as much as i am just for the simple fact that i love what everyone is doing here and the fact thati can show it off so people who are greatful of decent work

JD my friend hows it going doing ok here and as for your question bout my stitching i only use one  needle cuz its just easier for me i stitch down one way then turn around and go back the same way using one thread

BH thanks for the kinda words your work is an encouragment to me to do differnt things also and as for the yellowish color ont the .45 semi auto holster all it is  is Feibings Buckskin dye and thats it

thanks again guys for the encouragment
        Cowboy316

Ace Lungger

CB316,
I am sorry I couldn't come up with enough walnuts to send to you! I thought I had some stashed back, but I must of realy stashed them, i can't find them ::) ??? ::) If I come acrossed them I will get a hold of you! I now that someone close by is a good carver, I just havn't found that person! I would realy like to take some lessons when I get a new Doctor and get back on some pain meds!
keep up the good work!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Howdy BH,
Beautiful job on your Holster rig! Great color! That looks like a very well thought and practical design. Your wife's Belt is also very well thought out and practical. It reminds me of the Kidney Belts that the Harley Riders wore during the forties and fifties. Many thanks for sharing these innovative designs with us. Attached is a link showing some Kidney Belts at the Harley Museum.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/jvsaffran/HD%20Museum/100_0574.jpg

Howdy CB316,
Beautiful job on your Holsters! These are great examples of Carving and coloring.  Many thanks for sharing this with us. Keep em' coming.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com