Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy JD,
It's good to see you back on your Harley but as Outrider says "Take it slow". You are making great progress. Your strength and stamina will be back before you know it.

Howdy Cowboy 316,
Wow! Another beautiful sheath from your workshop. I love the 3-D effect you get with your tooling. Thanks for sharing.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Howdy CB316,
Now that is super sharp! I realy like that! I cannot even get out to do anything! This weather is KILLING ME! My bother in law picked me up a couple knifes for me to make sheaths and to practice my carving!
Sorry CB, that is very nice, If I was that good, i might make some money, but it takes practice!
Thanks for sharing that awesome knife sheath!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

Very nice work on the sheath buddy! Bravo! You're gettin' them pancakes downer than doughnuts!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Marshal Will Wingam

Take it easy still, JD. You don't want to lie around waiting for someone to pick the thing off you in a parking lot or anything. You'll be back on it soon enough. That doesn't mean you cn't go out and wax it, though. ;D

This is your best one yet, Cowboy. Looks good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

outrider

Howdy Pards,

One of my pards ordered a 1942 Tanker Holster from me and after many hours of studying photographs and finally finding an old beat up original in a antique shop (cost me $35.00) I was able to duplicate the holster.  This one is the first prototype and is in black without the "US" stamp on it (as per customer request).  I have finally located a supplier for the original style "Lift-A-Dot" type snaps which were used on the originals and will be ordering a supply of the snaps and the special punch that you need to get the hole pattern correct.  I plan on doing variants to be used with the SAA and double action revolvers as well as the trusty ole 1911
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Outrider,

Beautiful work! It has to be very satisfying to be able to duplicate an old Holster like that. Many thanks for sharing your talents with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

Howdy Outrider,
Pard that is a good looking 1911 holster!! So Neatly designed and sew, they don't get no better than that!
Great Job and thank you so much for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Marshal Will Wingam

That's darn nice, Outrider. You have a picture of the back? I really like that one. Very good job of making it look correct.

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Looking good Outrider, nice work Pard

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cazio

Hey outrider that is just like all the tankers I've seen, except I'm sure the workmanship and material are much better. I use the lift the dot snaps myself but never knew there was a special tool for it, if you don't mind could you let me know where I can get one.
Thanks

Robert

Gun Butcher

Outrider that is a very nicely done rig.   You must have one heck of an antique store close to you. How do you keep finding originals to work from.  Besides having some serious talent you are also the luckiest guy around ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny Dingus

Looks Good Outrider.  Nice clean lines and sewing.  Would look good in brown also.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

outrider

Marshal,

Here is a picture of the back of the Tanker Holster.

Johnny D...most of the originals I have seen were all in a brown or oil color.  This customer wanted it black.  Thanks for the compliments guys.

Gun Butcher...we have alot of antique stores around this area.  In fact I was in an antique store today and found another antique stitching horse bench...wanted $175.00 for it ... but I passed it up since I just got one at the beginning of the year on my trip to Iowa.  Maybe I should go back and get this one as well just for the heck of it
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Gun Butcher

Outrider, i won't put a jinxs on ya by telling you to go buy that horse.  The way my lucks been running lately I could lose money on gold.  But, I still think yer luck is something else and your leatherwork is getting better in leaps and bounds.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the back view, Outrider. It's nice to see how it was done. Many thanks.

JD Alan

My dad served in WWII, and went alll over Europe in a tank. I have a picture of him in uniform, taken by a pro, wearing a holster a just like that. He's with the Lord now, left us in 2005. Great job! Thanks for sharing your work with us. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dalton Masterson

Thats a good looking shoulder rig, Outrider! I got your envelope saturday. Thank you very much.

Heres my latest completed project. Its  a holster made for a Sig Mosquito .22.
Cute little pistol, but its fat and blocky. Not near as sleek as an old Colt. Anyway, not mine to gripe about. :-\

The finish is EVO, 30 minutes in my coffee dye, EVO, sunshine, EVO, and Skidmores.

Heres some pics.

The last photo shows how much difference these fat little pistols make to a basic pattern. Makes it look like a guppy.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice, Dalton. I like that wild rose pattern a lot. The color is good and the workmanship is top notch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com