Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

TW,

You sly old dog you...what a great looking rig that is...I am sincerely jealous.. ;D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

RollingThunder

C316 - that's a sweet bit of work on that Pancake!

TW - Well, if you can't drink the coffee, you may as well make something perdy out of it, and you sho-nuff have!

Bravo!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Ace Lungger

Hey Pard,
AWESOME :o :o 8)
TW that is smokin bud!! realy looks good, and the spots realy set it off!!! I knew the next peice you made would be HOT!!
Thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards

BH, Outrider,RT, and Ace

Thanks for the compliments, it's always very much appreciated, I guess you could say I really like my coffee ( LOL )

Thanks Guys

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dalton Masterson

Dang 10W, those look darn darn darn nice! Get some dirt on them, and they will look downright old!
Good job! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

OK, thanks for the information, TW. I'll try it again with some iron in it this time. How much did you put in? Proportionate to what you would do for vinegaroon.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Will, Ace sent me some, and it is all ground up, I'd say 2 or 3 table spoons of iron, that should do it, and leave the grounds and iron in it when done, which makes it real easy, just put it in a container like Johnny McCrae showed you in his Video, after you use it for a few days , add 1/4 cup alcohol to every QT., When your done dyeing , wash your leather off in fresh water.

I made a large pot, maybe 7 or 8 qt. of water to a I# can of dark roast coffee, put it this way enough water to fill  the container about 3/4 up, I use containers big enough so that I can submerge my pieces.

Thanks Dalton, for the kind words Pard  :D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

Ten Wolves, these are as sharp as holsters & belts come. Very nice work, thanks you for sharing the pictures and the coloring issues. Can I ask what the weight of the leather was that you made the belt with? Once again, very nice, very inspiring work, as always! JD   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello JD, it's good to see you back with us. :D

For the money/gun belt I used 4/5 ounce Veg-Tan, and Thanks for the kind words Pal, I know it won't be long before we will be seeing your stuff again, hang in there Pard, you're doing great.

Regards

JD Alan

Thanks 10 Wolves. I did a dumb thing today, I rode my Harley to church! I got a real wake up call on how much strenght I've lost. It's only a short distance, but I had a friend ride it home for me. I didn't want to take a chance of dumping it. Otherwise the day went well. I'm back speaking, but not singing or playing guitar. I try to remind myself, it's only been 5 weeks.

Thanks for the come back on the leather weight. I want to try making a money belt soon. JD 

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: JD Alan on May 10, 2009, 10:33:49 PM
Thanks 10 Wolves. I did a dumb thing today, I rode my Harley to church! I got a real wake up call on how much strenght I've lost. It's only a short distance, but I had a friend ride it home for me. I didn't want to take a chance of dumping it. Otherwise the day went well. I'm back speaking, but not singing or playing guitar. I try to remind myself, it's only been 5 weeks.

Thanks for the come back on the leather weight. I want to try making a money belt soon. JD 
Glad you're OK Pard, you're just going to have to back off a little bit, and give your body time to recoup, there's no hurry to do anything for you right now, again I'm glad you're OK, it will take time to get your strength back so take it easy JD and don't push it too hard,

Wishing you well

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ten Wolves,

Your new Cross Draw Holster is simply outstanding. Great use of spots and stamping. Best of all, this Holster does look like one found on the pages of "Packing Iron". This is the look that I'm always trying to achieve. Many thanks for sharing your work and dyeing methods with us.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Johnny :D

Good to hear from you, and thanks for the kind words, the natural dyes have really consumed me, I'm really having fun fooling around with them and coming up with new and different colors, I'm glad you like the holster, the cross draw holster is an add on to the this holster, the one one I copied the other from that I saw in Texas, was just the wide skirt Mexican one loop, and adorned the way I did it at least as close as I can recollect , and didn't have a second holster, so I thought a cross draw Slim Jim would look good on it, and it seems to work OK, at least if need the second gun I'll be ready.

Thanks for taking a look see  ::)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  :D

cowboywc

TW
Dang Son, you make me proud.........
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

outrider

TC,

Sometimes ya have to watch that ole TW...he tends to sneak up on ya every so often... ::) ;D
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy WC & Outrider

WC, your the cause of all this, and Thanks.

Outrider I guess I get that there sneaken stuff from the Wolf don't ya know LOL

Thanks Pards  ;D

outrider

JD,

Take your time on the recoup....you have lot's of time too ride the iron horse.  Take it slow my friend.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

JD Alan

Well Outrider, I'm finding that I don't have any other speed than slow at this point. The better I feel the more frustrating it gets. I can really identify with Ace, there's stuff I want and need to do that I just don't have the ump for. I'm closing in on six weeks, so I am hoping the energy returms soon. I tried shooting my shotgun Saturday, and found it's real hard to keep it up with the right arm to reload. Shooting it is fine, as long as I don't have to reload. Guess I need to shoot Western 3 Gun, and stuff the shotgun! I tried cutting out some leather, but it didn't go too good. I can practice stamping though, thank God.

Thanks for the encouragement. JD   

cowboy316

hey guy me again with another knife sheath this one is done with an antique mahagany  2 coats hope you enjoy
     Cowboy316

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com