Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

Johnnie, I appreciate the extra pics.  I am guessing that you used chicago screws to allow for the swivel.

Again, I think that is a super design and would work very nicely with some of the larger caliber handguns.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the extra pics, Johnny. I was wondering what the back of it looked like.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

RollingThunder

Makign a sneak attack posting. Been very, very, very busy lately, but thought I would post pics of Cari's new batwing chaps.

Hope ya'll like. Now back to work. I have a gunbelt for Bruce Camp half-done and lots of other things working as well. When it got busy, it got biiiizzzzzaaaaaay. Hope to have Bruce's belt done and ready to ship Monday.

Hoka!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Marshal Will Wingam

Fine chaps, RT. Clean and contrasting. Thanks for the pics.

RollingThunder

By the way. I managed to pick up two Singer 29K treadle foot machines. A 51 and a 60. Also found a manual for them. Considering they were made in 1929 and 1940 respectively, and they're still smooth as glass, I'm pretty happy with that.

I also received in the mail, my FOID card finally. So ... now I needs me a shootin' iron.

So tell me pards ... what do ya'll recommend for a first pistol. I have a limited experience with firearms, and would like something relatively safe, inexpensive, and not to cumbersome on maintenance. You know, a good beginning pistol.

Of course, I really need to just ask the guys at the magazine office I work in now. We got Shootin' Times, Shotgun News, all the SIPs they do (special interest publications - Handguns - AR15, etc.).

Ya'lls thoughts?

Dalton Masterson

Get yourself a 5.5" Ruger Vaquero or an Uberti clone. Thats my suggestion for a first one. The Ruger is built to last forever, and is easy to work on. The Uberti will probably need worked on to make it as nice as the Ruger.

DM (Nice chaps, btw)
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

JD Alan

I agree wth Dalton, a Ruger Vaquero 5.5 inches, blue or stainless can't be beat for a first handgun, or only handgun. They're like Timex watches, they take a licken, and keep on ticken.  Nice chaps, real professional lookin, and sharp.

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

RT
first of all very sweet lookin pair of bat wings love the color combo the light really makes the yokes and belt pop
and all im gonna say bout the sewing machines is STOP THEIF marshal he went that way >>>>>>>>>
great job and keep up the wonderfull work
      Tim

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

::) Very Nice RT, pretty Gal too  :D

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Howdy RT,
Since I don't know FOID card is, I realy can't tell you what to buy?? If you want a Coxboy Gun,I do't think you cab beat the Uberti Homries, if you can stand the Matte finish! And if cash is low, you can do a tooth paste action job that will make it a lot nicer!
If you are looking for a conceal weapon, If you want a auto, I would go with the Kel Tec 9mm model P 11, safest Auto to pack with one in the pipe! If you want a well Gun Get a Judge.
I can't add anything else, and you did say you were on a budget!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Howdy RT,

Thats a great looking pair of Chaps! Very nice design and workmanship! Real professional looking.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Johnny McCrae

Here is a rig I just finished for a fellow shooter. The belt will adjust from 38" to 50".
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Gun Butcher

RT, good looking chaps you did a nice job on them.
  Johnnie Mac, you keep it up and you are gonna lose your amatuer statis Pard. Great looking rig and i really like the loops being at the bottom of the holster. Gives it a very different look.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

Johnny
love the work your doing there pard the star conchos add just enough bling to make the whole rig appealing to a cowboy like me but then again i like just about anything the guys here are making LOL
     keep up the great work pard
          Cowboy316

RollingThunder

I agree Johnny! Those are some sharp pieces of leather you put together there!

RollingThunder

Thanks for the advice, gents. I'll dig into the Vaquero and the Uberti and see if I can put a few pennies away here and there.

Oh, and Ace -- FOID=Firearm Owner Identification card. You have to have one to own one. LOL.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy John

Beautiful Pard, you're putting out some professional looking leather these days, it seems every few weeks you take it to another level, I can tell you are really enjoying what you are doing Pal, you can see it in your work, Keep it up Pard. :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Many thanks for the kind words Pards. I'm sure that I would not be involved in Leather Working if it were not for this Forum and the wonderful people associated with it. The encouragement and inspiration I receive here on CAS City is greatly appreciated. The tips and advice a person gets here are priceless! I also want to say that it is always genuine pleasure to view the beautiful work posted here by everyone.

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a good-looking rig, Johnny. The two-tone conchos are a nice accent on the dark finish. Nice work.

JD Alan

Hi Johnny, I love the new rig. The color is great, and I really like the design-cut of the holster, That's what I've been trying to accomplish, but haven't got there yet.  How are you able to make such a wide adjustment on your belt? 12 inches is a lot. It looks pretty normal to me. Thanks, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com