Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

Got one word to say RT
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy RT, Very nice  :o 8) ::) ;D

TW :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

They need a little emoticon for the blush. Now all I have to do is finish Bruce Camp's belt, and do my wife's batwings (batwing chaps ... no witch jokes, guys) and I'll have two more items off my list.

BTW -- Bruce splurged and got him one of Will Ghormley's OWC white brass buckles. Rectangular rose and wheat shock. And it's a very nice buckle, to say the least.

OK ya'll off to dreamland. I start my new job tomorrow! WOOOT. Wish me luck!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

RT,  Luck your way PARDNER  :o ;D :D ;D

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Bad Hombre

Howdy boys!!
Had ta go out and shake the bushes, but I made er back!!
Johnny D...Great rig...love the colors...looks like ya walked right out of history!
Corkscrew Tom, Howdy...man those seat covers are way to purbutiful ta plop your butt on!! Cool idea!!
Big Bear...nice work...usta make them purses my own self!!!
RT... real nice looking chaps...I'm a thinking I need me some of them!!
Lots of good stuff ta eyeball!!!
Here's a couple more.

BH
"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

Ace Lungger

Looking Good Bad Hombre!
That is a awesome rig!
Thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy BH, What Ace said goes foe me too, nice work Pard. ::) 8) ;D

TW  ;) ;D

Johnny Dingus

Bad Hombre,  Nice looking holster and sheath.  Tri-weave stamping looks good and the way you have the throat of the holster maybe it is called the recurve but anyway that looks old and different.  I like it.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a great holster, BH. I like the way it ties in with your sheath. What's the little doodad on the right of the holster that looks like a sheath for a jalapeno pepper?

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

santee

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on April 23, 2009, 09:52:30 PM
What's the little doodad on the right of the holster that looks like a sheath for a jalapeno pepper?
Oooo, there's an idea for us chile heads.
Great work, BH!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

BH, very nice work. I've not seen a design for a knife sheath like that before. Very cool, and the stamp work looks great. Like Marshall, I'm curious about the "pepper" JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy BH,

Beautiful work! Looks like you put a lot thought into making your designs very practical. Please keep em' coming.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Bad Hombre

WOW!! Boys, youse is quick!!
That's zackly was it is...I carry a big ole Jalapeno...one wiff and I'ma shooten twice as fast!!!
Them spotters eyeballs is a watering n they can't see no dang misses. He He He!!!!
Old age and treachery Boys!!!
Thanks for the complemento's
BH

PS It's also handy fer toting a little ole folder called a feather.

"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, BH. I like it. That's a cool little folder. Nice sheath for it. I don't have one of those, but I do have a jalapeno..... ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Just finished a practice Holster using a batch of home brewed Walnut dye. The holster was soaking in the dye for five days. Attached is a ninety second slide show that shows the dyeing and finishing process.

http://w278.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/jvsaffran/Walnut%20Dye/1d9e6fa9.pbw

I'm not much of a photographer. I was trying different backgrounds to illustrate the changes in appearance.

On the next one I will experiment with shading and adding highlights.

Special thanks are due to Ten Wolves for the help and encouragement he gave me in learning this process.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Hey Pard,
Thats AWESOME!! I love it and the Rossette IS BEAUTIFULL !! I won't be carving everything, it is I want to be decent at it!
But Nice Stamping like that, is as good as carving!! What you did there, is useing your mind, where what I am doing is just copying something someone else drew out! Right now, since David C. gave me a lot of scraps, I might be making knife sheaths all year.
I am trying to get good enough, to make my dad A carved belt, he is 89, and it would put a smile on his face!
Great Job Bud!!
later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboy316

Johnny
my friend thats an awesome rig i just love that deep rich brown color i cant wait to get my hands on some walnuts and brew up some of my own but when the walnuts come into season ill have some i hope  but all in all great rig wish i had some pistols to make holsters for but oh well
   great work
     Cowboy316

Ace Lungger

Cowboy 316,
If you can't come up with some, let me know, i sent walnuts al over last fall, and all I ask was shipping> I will look tomorrow, I might have enough strashed that you could make a couple 2 litre of dye! i will let you know tomowwor if you want?
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboy316

Ace sounds good my friend im sure i can come up with the shipping somehow LOL
Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;) :D ;D :o 8) Howdy Johnny

I'm real happy you like this walnut dye, your holster came out beautiful, nice rich/deep brown color, your stamping/sewing and design look great too, You make me proud for sure  ;) :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com