Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Outrider,
Very nice Pancake holster, with some nice bording, that realy breaks it up from the norm!
I Like IT!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Howdy Outrider
Good lookin holster.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Outrider

Well you did it again, what a sharp looking pancake holster, you have that nice grip forward cant that makes for an easy draw, the border trim is spot on perfect, and Dons recipe for the color works real well.
     Those SP-100 are dandy little guns, they're well built , and you can always rely on it, not to mention they're easy to tot around because of there size. I have a Ruger Security Six, which was the model before the SP-100, IT HAS A 4" barrel and is blued, a  Friend gave it to me, and it's never been fired, this is another nice little carry gun.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny Dingus

Outrider,

Beautiful clean lines nicely sewed.  Looks like you have a winner in my book.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Johnny Dingus

Well I previously posted pictures of these holsters without the belt.
So I have done the belt now and wanted to post it to see how you guys like it.

Thats about it for now.

Johnny Dingus

Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

cowboywc

Howdy Johnny
That's a good lookin rig. Well done.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks really great, Johnny D. It looks balanced and the color is very sutiable for it. Very nice rig, pard.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Johnny

Hot dang you did a beautiful job on the belt/rig, you're really cooking now Pard, everything is nice and neat, your lines come together, and your border is right on line, did you use brown thread on your billets, it's so clean I can't even see any stitches, this really looks like the 310 to Yuma rig, all you need now is a cross on your grips.

WELL DONE JOHNNY  ::) :o 8) ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny Dingus

WC  thanks I would have had the belt done a little while back but the billets weren't even when buckled.  This is my first belt like this so I wanted the billets even and had to make up new ones before putting it together.

Thanks Marshal Will I like a little bit of mis match when making a rig up.  I think in the old days the local leatherworker would probably been fine with it and not to picky.

tENwOLVES still trying to come up to your level of work it takes time but each one is getting a little better.  No stiches in the billets yet will be doing that tomorrow night.  I spent most of today working on the belt and am just a little anxious about showing you guys how it came out.  Going to put on a belt loop for the front tip of the belt to go in also.  When I get a little ahead I hope to get some copys of those grips.

Thanks santee now for the other two with no drop.  Hopefully they will look as good with this belt.

Johnny Dingus

Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

JD Alan

Outrider, that is one pro looking holster. Everything about it is outstanding. I especially like the coloring and stamping, but it's all real good. Johnny D. great job on the belt for that holster set you made. It looks like a pro set up to me, nice work.

It has been a long week, but I am making small steps toward complete recovery. 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny Dingus

JD,  thanks for the compliments.  Glad to hear you are making steps forward.  Don't think of them as small steps added up they make a big move forward.  We are all praying for you and if you need anything if it is in our power we will help with just about anything you need.

Johnny Dingus

Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Skeeter Lewis

Johnny, that is a very convincing job of aging you've done there. Congrats.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Johnny

Well Johnny, I feel better, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, I think you are making big improvements with every piece you make Pard, and I know you can see this too, that's what is so rewarding about working with leather, it just gets better with everything you do, show us a picture when you get the billets sewed and the keeper in, again I think you did an outstanding job on this one. :o 8)

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Outrider & Johnny D,

Very nice work Pards! A pleasure to look at! Many thanks for sharing your talents and idea's with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

outrider

Thanks for the kind words.

Johnny D....good looking rig very well done my friend
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Hank Rugerman

Just got to get in line here and say great job guys... :)

That Ruger holster is top notch Outrider, very classy look. 8)

Johnny, you're in now aint ya....aint no stopping now...I like the look, good job!!!

keep em coming... :D :)
If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

Dalton Masterson

Wow, I feel like I have missed a bunch of great stuff!
WC, nice belt and Walker rig. Top notch as always.

Outrider, nice pancake for the SP101. They are a good revolver to have. Very tough, and still fun to shoot.

Bad Hombre, interesting handle on that knife. Nice sheath.

Johnny, nice work on your 310 rig. Looks good and old.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ace Lungger

Johnny D.,  :) :o
AWESOME, AAA plus job! This is getting bad, i am dreaming of working on leather (or was that some gal wearing leather that I was working on?) :o :o)
I just love this  hobby, and there are no restrictions! You can work on it when you want, you can stop when you want, if you don't like the way something is looking you can just change it a little! The next best thing, is it is a never ending learning experence!! And you know whats funny, I have made 10 or so rigs, about half for me, and the rig I like the best, is the first one I made!! i was told to get Al's book, I had 8 tools, had no idea in the world of what i was doing, I use Ritz dye, to color it, I had a old worn out suede jacket, and I use it to line it! ::) ::)

And the Best Thing, Is you get to Share It With OUR GREAT BIG FAMILY!! :) :)

Later Pards
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Irish Dave

Cudos to Outrider on his slick pancake holster and Johnny D on his new rig.

Outrider, the color turned out great. As you may have guessed, that's within the hues that really strike a chord with me personally. Nicely done, pard.

Johnny: Nice job, there, pardner. Looks like a dandy. You're off and running now.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com