Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HorsePen Henry

Oooooooo, that's pretty neat. I like that Walker set up!
Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Bad Hombre

Howdy WC, hope them ribs heal up!!
Know how ya feel, detached the muscle's from the ribs awhile back.
At least it only hurts when ya breath!!
Thanks Ten Wolves, let a lot of stuff get away without pictures, but I gots one of them digit photo boxes now!!
Now if can just get the darn thing to focus right...or stop shaking it...too much trigger pull!!
Thanks for the welcome JD...did a lot of wallets and purses, when I was a kid...ta help Ole Ma with the grocery bill.
Then SASS & CAS came along and I said... I can do that!!
Here's a pic of the first project...the Ole purse is 52 year old...why couldn't I have aged like that?
$24 each...back in 1957. darn I only took home $32 a week about 8 yrs later!!
Didn't know why back then, but the women folks always had more money to spend then the men did!!
Johnny, those are nice rigs...That walker rig would be great for carrying a back-up pistol at matches.
Something I seam to need...breaking pistols a lot lately!!
That Kimber rig is very unique...great protection!!
Nice work!!

BH
"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: Bad Hombre on April 06, 2009, 05:50:37 PM
Hank, I like that stone look too!!
I just scaled that arrowhead up to billet size, cut it out and went ta womping it with a P-206 till it cried stop, stop!!
Dr. Bob, Thanks... and maybe you can help me!! Well I"m a..OK a...yes... I'm a knifeaholic!!
Can't seam to pass-up a knife, especially old ones, and I only live a mile from a Flea Market!!!
Ten Wolves, backatcha...good tip, now if i could only decide what size cartridge I'm gonna shoot!!
44-40s, 44 russian, 44colt,45lc...why why why can't cartridges be one length.
Thanks Johnny, for the kind words.
10 years of ROing...reading those cowpoke stories, n shootum-up bang bang scenarios, will give ya brainwash!!!
It's OK...my wife say's I got a dirty mind anyway!!
Marshall Will...Native American influence...really!! Hummmm
I think you could be right...I'm noticing a pattern here.
I made these about 10 year ago.
BH

That is a nice rig, Bad Ombree. It might be only ten years old but it looks like something out of Packing Iron that could be as old as a  125 years old or so. Nice piece a work.
I like the tooling on that purse too.
Nice early looking stuff.
Horse Pen

The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Bad Hombre, you're just full of surprises, this purse you made  has really held up well, and has taken on a nice patina that is real pleasant to the eyes, and I like your lacing, I like  the double loop myself, it always looks good kind of gives lacing a classy look to it.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

B.H. AWESOME
That is something for your first and 52 years old!
Keep er coming!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny Dingus

Bad Hombre,

You've turned out some mighty fine work in your time.  Hope your here to help all us youngsters.  That purse looks great for it's age.  And the carving shows very nice work. 

Johnny your friend ought to be mighty proud to have those leather goods.  If not there are a lot of people willing to bid on them right here.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Johnny McCrae

Howdy All, Many thanks for the kind words. I greatly appreciate the encouragement!

TW hit the nail on the head... Bad Hombre, you are full of surprise's. That is really cool to have something you made over fifty years ago. A beautiful piece of work also!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Russ McCrae

Quote from: Johnny McCrae on April 09, 2009, 08:56:18 AM
Attached are pictures of a couple of projects I just finished for friends.

The person I made the Saddle Bag-Holster combination also wanted to be able carry a Walker Colt in addition an 1873 SAA. I made a Walker Colt Holster with a tongue on it. The tongue fits in between two tab's on the cross over strap and is held in place with three Concho's. By the way that Walker Colt is one heavy pistol. Here is a clip of Gus (Rorbert Duvall) whacking a surly bartender with his Walker Colt.     

Also shown is a Holster and belt I made for a friend's Kimber.

Those are some nice holsters. I want to get up to San Marcos to Texas State University (Used to be Southwest State) and see the Lonesome Dove Exhibit they got, They even got Gus's Dragoon and gun belt on display :o ;D ;D

"What's Good For Me Ain't Necessarily Good For the Weak Minded"

"I'm an admirer of good sense wherever I find it."

SASS #93813
STORM #335

Marshal Will Wingam

I was out of phone service, as was most of four counties here, since yesterday evening. Deliberate sabatage, the news says. No long distance, no cell service, no credit card processing so lots of businesses were closed. Banks closed. It was like living on an island with no phone lines. We couldn't even make calls to neighboring towns. I come back online tonight and all this great stuff is posted.

Darn nice work, Johnny M. I like the way you used the conchos to make the holsters interchangable. That kimber looks happy, too. Good job(s).

That is a fine job you did on that purse, BH. Just the right amount of floral work. The braided edge makes it complete.

Good to see the rig Gus wore in the movie. Thanks for posting the pic.

Thanks for all the pics, pards.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Russ McCrae

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on April 10, 2009, 12:46:46 AM
I was out of phone service, as was most of four counties here, since yesterday evening. Deliberate sabatage, the news says. No long distance, no cell service, no credit card processing so lots of businesses were closed. Banks closed. It was like living on an island with no phone lines. We couldn't even make calls to neighboring towns. I come back online tonight and all this great stuff is posted.

Darn nice work, Johnny M. I like the way you used the conchos to make the holsters interchangable. That kimber looks happy, too. Good job(s).

That is a fine job you did on that purse, BH. Just the right amount of floral work. The braided edge makes it complete.

Good to see the rig Gus wore in the movie. Thanks for posting the pic.

Thanks for all the pics, pards.

Man if phone service went out around here.........I can't imagine all the stuff I could get done without someone bugging me every minute ;D

No prob posting Gus's rig, here's the link to the website the Library in San Marcos put up
http://alkek.library.txstate.edu/swwc/ld/ldexhibit.html

Pretty much it's what I do for the one shoot I've done and when I go Hog hunting, take my belt out of my belt loops and just slide a pistol and sticking knife on it and I'm good to go. Wish I could find that brass Lone Star buckle though...
"What's Good For Me Ain't Necessarily Good For the Weak Minded"

"I'm an admirer of good sense wherever I find it."

SASS #93813
STORM #335

cowboywc

Howdy All
Definitely some fine work being posted lately.
I managed to finish the belt for my Walker and D-guard. Just have to put a coat of Skidmores on tomorrow. It will be ready for the San Berdo fair.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboywc

I guess the Vicodin has me a little fuzzy, forgot to add the pix.
WC

Johnny McCrae

Howdy WC,

Beautiful job on the Walker Rig & Sheath! You have created a real work of art! Many thanks for sharing your talents and expertise with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

HorsePen Henry

Beautiful, WC. Does it come with matching carved and tooled leather suspenders?
Somethin' ta keep the belt up? ;D  ;D  ;D

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Real nice.
Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Johnny Dingus

WC,

Beautiful work.  You nailed the spacing of your stamping.  It looks completely balanced side to side at the buckle when you have it on.

Vicoden?....I would think it might have been a combination of that and the hour.  Up a little late for a work night? ;D

Have a good show and enjoy.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

JD Alan

Man oh man, what nice looking carving. It doesn't seem possible to me that anyone could do work like that. WC, you are without a doubt amazing!i would love to watch that being done, but I know it would be a long DVD! I hope you are feeling better after your spill, JD 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Irish Dave

Superb, WC. Great looking outfit. A-No. 1.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Bad Hombre

Well Tricky Ol Russ...eyeball these!!
http://www.blockaderunner.com/Catalog/catpg20.htm
One place ta getum.
Thanks for the words boys, but lets get something straight...that's Ole Ma's purse!!!
I'm justta holding it for her until we meet again.  ::)
Marshall Will...sabatage???...there's crazies out there!!
We sure don't know how dependent we are to today's technology, until we loose it!!
Like when your cable goes out during your favorite  western!!!!!!! OOOH no can't go out during the news!!
WC...WOW!!!...Thats eye-candy for sure!! Beautiful piece of art!!!

BH
"Them guns ain't old son, they're experienced"

Ace Lungger

:o :o Howdy WC,
The word AWESOME doesn't do that rig Justice!!! It is so beautifull!! The design it self blows my socks of :o But the Carving, stamping, the color and period style is smoking!! I cannot imagine how many hours you have in that, but is has got to be a lot! As hard as it is to believe  ??? i am lost for words!! I wish I could express how that wonderfull peice of 1800's art makes me feel. Question, do you lay this all out on paper before you start, or is it just done as you go?

Thank you so much for sharing the beauty of that rig, because that gives beginners like me something to shoot for years downn the line! but with out inspiration, it would be easy for me to just lay in bed!! Not only just your rig hear, but anything that you all share, keeps me going!

Thanks so much for sharing this for all to see!!
it is a knock out!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboywc

Quote from: HorsePen Henry on April 10, 2009, 08:25:45 AM
Beautiful, WC. Does it come with matching carved and tooled leather suspenders?
Somethin' ta keep the belt up? ;D  ;D  ;D

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Real nice.
Horse Pen
Howdy Pal
I was thinking it might need them when I was making it but it seems to stay up pretty well. But then again you never know :)
WC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com