Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

That makes a fine pair, Johnny. Nice job matching them. It'll be great to see the whole rig.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

HorsePen Henry

Johnny that is a great match. Practice makes perfect.
Hats off to ya,
Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Beautiful holsters Johnny, real nice job of matching colors, and your carving looks good too,  8)

TW  ;) ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Dr. Bob

+1 on all the previous Johnny!  Looks like you got one  holster & a mirror.  Kewel!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

JD Alan

You ROCK Johnny! Those really look great. Are you going to go for a matching belt?
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Willie Dixon

Jonny those are great! I love that movie, both versions.

the new one is what introduced me to my "baby" a good ol Spencer Carbine.  I was like, "wha!? no way!  A Sharps with 7 rounds!" lol

is that a pattern for the 3:10 to Yuma or did you find it somewhere in the cyberspace?
onto the holsters themselves, what did you use for dye and what color was the leather to begin with?
awesome looking holsters, I was thinking of doing mine in that style too, but for 58 Remmies instead.  I just love that pattern and style.

Great job.
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Ace Lungger

Howdy johnny, :)
All I can say is AWESOME  :o :o,
Those are smokin!!! :) You did a great job, and I won't get long winded like last time! I am like the others, I am ready to see the whole rig!!
thanks for sharing those for us to see! I am not near that brave yet!!
But I am working on it! Maybe someday!
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

santee

Dingus, they came out terrific! This last one looks like you swiped Ben Wade's holster and rubbed in some Skidmore's.
Now how did Will Ghormley get that dusty look to his?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

Good Question Santee, Good Question. It would be great if Will would share how he does that. On the other hand, the guy does this to put food on the table for his kids, so I can understand how a guy might want to keep some "Trade Secrets" to himself.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny McCrae

Mighty fine work there Johnny D.

Many thanks for sharing this with us
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Johnny Dingus

Thanks Marshall Will.

HorsePen I am practicing when will I be perfect?....... :) Thanks for your comments.

TW thanks my carving will get betterr the more I do it.  But as always we know where the mistakes are in carving and what we would do a little different.

Dalton only 50 - 60 more and I might start looking as good as some of yours.  I remember yours with the red white and blue shield wow.  Thanks

Dr. Bob that mirror has a kink here and a flaw there.  I think one is easier than two that are opposite sides. Thanks

JD the belt I am going to make will also be a copy of the one from the movie.

Willie,  no pattern just made them off of the picture.  This set has a little drop but the next set will be as original with no drop.  Hopefully a little better.  For dye I used a mixture of 50% evoo to 80/20 Feibings dark brown and USMC black.

Ace thanks, but you are that brave.  You do great with all your leather work.  Didn't I read some where you made a hat?

Santee  thanks no skidmore's need to put that on my list of needs.  Dusty look maybee wipe it down with Alcohol?

Thanks for looking Gents.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

cowboywc

Howdy Johnny
Good lookin holsters. Keep up the good work.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

HorsePen Henry

Here is the finished holster. I just finished it up today.......

All it needs now is a bit of burnishing and waxing.

Cheers,
Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Willie Dixon

Horse Pen, nice holster!
man oh man, I know what she's holding!
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Johnny McCrae

Howdy HP,

Very very nice! Right out of the pages of "Packing Iron". Thank you for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

That really looks great, XP. Pure vintage for sure. Johnny M said it right. Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

HorsePen

Man what you can do free hand, most of us couldn't do as well with a pattern, you're one heck of an artist Pard, this holster dyed up real nice, it's beautiful to say the least.

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

HP,
That sure is purdy!!
Get Job!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny Dingus

HorsePen

All I can say is WOW!

Johnny McCrae and Ten Wolves said it....Out of the book andTalent....

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com