Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a fine belt, TW. Striking with the spots and conchos. Nice work. thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny Dingus

Really nice work tENw,

Like the holsters too.  Does look like they belong in the "Packing Iron" book.
You do fantastic work.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Johnny Dingus

Well I started with this

And here is one finished.

Now to do the other and a belt for them.

Johnny Dingus

Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

Thanks Pards for the kind words, I'm glad you like it, Thanks HP, I didn't mean for it to pop out on you like that, and Ace I always appreciate your comments and words of encouragement, Johnny McCrae you too Pard, its great to have pards like you all, thanks Marshall Will and Johnny Dingus for your kind words, what a support group.. ;D :D ;D

Johnny Dingus, your two holster look great, did you design them yourself, or use a pattern, good style, and your tooling is looking good too, nice color on the finished holsters, you'll look good wearing these, you have them cut down low enough that those guns of yours will just walk out when ready, well done pard. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny Dingus

tENw,

So far it is just the left one finished.  This is my first 310-yuma holster with a little drop.  No patern just from pictures.  Will doesn't sell a pattern for these yet.  Don't know if he will. 
It doesn't do justice to his but maybe my next pair that will be no drop will be better.  I always think if I could do a couple of the same style in a row I could improve a lot.

Johnny Dingus

Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Johnny Dingus

tENwOLVES,

A question for you,  your left handed do you make your belts buckle opposite because your left handed?

Johnny Dingus

Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice, Johnny. The dark color looks rich. Your tooling came out well and gives it the right look. Good work. Looking forward to the finished rig.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Johnny D.

Pard I think you are coming along real well, I remember when I gave carving my a first try, on a Cheyenne holster, I took it in to show WC, and to my surprise he like it, but he did point out things I could do different on my next one, when I was using the bevelor, I wasn't hitting it hard enough to get a deep enough impression and he pointed out just where it needed to be deeper, so the next time it was better, it's a learning craft, I've been at it for three years now, and I'm learning new things every day, being retired now I guess I have a big advantage over some of you that go to work every day, when the weather is warm enough, I just about live in my shop.
         Johnny for designing your own holster after 310 to Yuma, I think you have done one heck of a job, you can be proud of yourself for sure, it will only get better from here on. ;D Johnny I just a glimpse of you last reply, the answer is yes I'm  left handed I put the buckle on the right side for two reasons, first I like to keep bullets as close to the right side as possible, for easy access of loading, when I load, my gun never leaves my left hand, my right hand does the hand work for loading, and having my bullets on my right side puts the bullets where needed, the other reason, is if I were to LOOSE SOME STINKING WEIGHT, it is easier to make the adjustment on the tongue side of the belt, IMHO, Anyway it works for me.. ??? ::) :o ;D

tEN wOLVES :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Awesome TW and Johnny! Really nice stuff.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Johnny D,

Beautiful work on your Holster set! It sure looks like this set could also be found on the pages of "Packing Iron". Great finish!
Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D ;D Thanks Santee, much appreciated Pard. :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

outrider

TW,

Very well done.  Looks like your back in the groove my friend.  I especially like the belt buckle...where did you get that one?
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Dalton Masterson

Johnny, Nice holsters! I like that pattern. Looks old west, but still looks fast! Nice job.

10W, wow. That looks great! My next project is going to be a money belt (hopefully). Yours looks great!

Holster is awesome too.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Hank Rugerman

TW...You better watch out...pretty soon you'll be too good to speak to us poor folks.... ;D ;D

Naw not you...your a great sort and boy do you have the "touch" looking good my friend.. :D

and Johnny...Your miles ahead of me..when it comes to tooling...I haven't put anytime into carving and tooling like that...good job... ;)
If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

JD Alan

Man Alive, and fella's got to stay on top of things around here, with so many excellent projects being built & displayed for us to drool on!

10 Wolves, what a fine piece of work. Everything about that holster belt combo is outstanding. I agree with the coffee color comment. what an excellent look. I am going to have to give that one a try. It's easier to come by coffee than walnut hulls!

Johnny D, I've been watching for your 3:10 Yuma holsters, and you've done a great job. I was anticipating more of a drop than I see in the pictures. Everything about them is great, the tooling and coloring look sharp. I don't know what Will does to build age into his finishes, but I sure like the look of yours. I can't want to see the belt!

God bless, JD   

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Justino Caballo

Golly Dang Amighty!

I try to do something nice enough to show here and TenWolves and Johnny blow me out of the water.
EXCELLENT JOB GUYS!
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF

santee

Okay, now wait a dern minute here. I just read how Johnny got that dark brown. Now, I went and did the coffee thing and it didn't come out near that dark!
What the..?? C'mon, Johnny, spill the beans (no pun intended). How long did you let it sit in the java?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

HorsePen Henry

Ten Wolves,
(tapping on yer brim) Where did ya get the buckle? I don't believe I have ever seen one like it?
Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Irish Dave

Just caught up on the postings.....again.

Very nice 10W. Really like the color and stamping arrengement. I think you outdid yourself on this one, pardner.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

JD Alan

I have the same curiosity as Santee regarding the coffee. You all probably know the test for cowboy coffee: it needs to be able to support a horseshoe or it's not strong enough!

So, what kind of coffee, how long did you boil it, and how long did you soak the leather?     

Thank you kindly!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com