Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Howdy Corkscrew,  :o :o :o :o
AWESOME leather work  :) Pard that is so very nice looking leath goods!! Great pic's to!!
I like your work, and i saw some stuff you did thatmight help me out, since I am just starting to carve!!

Thanks for sharing!!
ACE

I just want to have fun!
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

JD Alan

WC, Thanks very much for your advice. What would you suggest for a background for oak leaves? I'm sort of winging this thing, and I didn't like how it looked when I got done either.

I appreciate your time, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboywc

Howdy JD
Try a F900 checkered matter. That is what I use.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

JD Alan

Thanks WC, that's not one I have, but I will the next time I visit Tandy. It seems to be pretty good sized. It looks like it would be difficult to reach in the tighter spots. It looks like 898 & 899 are the same grid, but smaller tools. Doyou know if this is the case? Perhpas you don't get in around all the leaf edges. I'm going to check out your website to see if you have any oak leaf pictures.

Thanks! JD

cowboywc

Howdy Pal
Yes they are smaller. I have bevelers that match the checkering on my matters so I can blend into my matting.
I don't do many patterns that don't have borders so I don't have to worry about it that often.
WC

Corkscrew Tom

Thanks for the compliments guys!
I started doing leather work 3 years ago when I started shooting CAS. I needed some holsters and when I saw how much they were going for...

So I ordered a side of leather and some dye, I already had some tools that were my uncles' when he was in WWII, and away I went. I enjoy doing it and I make things for order and for friends. I'll post some pics soon.
Maybe some day I'll start a business or at least it'll be a great retirement gig, if there is any retirement!

I've enjoyed this post and have gotten some good ideas just from reading and learning from you all! For me the best way to learn is to watch and listen to those who have gone before.

Keep your tools sharp and your leather damp!
Type at you soon.
Corkscrew Tom

cowboy316

hey pards heres my latest cell phone case its a 1/4" border line then beveled and then i used my matting tool to lightly go over the whole thing then let it soak in a coffee dye i brewed up for 3 days pulled it out this morning and let it set in the morning sun till good and dry then rubbed a good amount of evoo into itand set back nout in the afternoon sun just brought it in and put a finish coat of tan coat on it and assembled it
enjoy pards
    Cowboy316

Corkscrew Tom

Here are a couple more projects I've recently done.
Bible Cover and Stool cover
Corkscrew Tom

cowboywc

JD Alan

Hey Corkscrew, very nice work. Nothing warms the heart of a pastor more than a good bible cover!

Ace Lungger

howdey Corkscrew,  :)
You are sure doing some awesome work there! I realy like the bible cover!
thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy 316,

Great looking color you have there with your Coffee dye! I just brewed up some Natural Walnut Dye. Those Natural Home Brewed dyes really give one's work a unique appearance

Howdy Corkscrew,

Great looking work! I just knew that JD would like your Bible cover.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

This is test, to see if I've figured out how to post pictures from Photobucket

I've finished stitching this seat, though this pictures doesn't show it. I wish I had learned more about stitching on a smaller project, because the punching and spacing is a disaster, and it took me hours to get the whole thing stitched. If there is a next time, I will only stitch the pole pockets on, and not the whole thing, which was only for looks :(

Cool, it worked. That's a miracle for a techno-challenged guy like myself ;D

cowboy316

JD
looks wonderfully comfy can my butt be the first to have a seat LOL
love the border ya got there what stamp did ya use or is trhat hand cut ??
but as for you using photobucket it work
     Cowboy316

JD Alan

Hey Cowboy 316, it's from Hidecrafter, X 688. I found it at Oregon Leather. They carry Craftool and some from Hidecrafter. It was under 7 bucks.

Still praying for you bro.

cowboy316

JD
thank you greatly on day soon imm gonna take a road trip and come see some of you guys i think get out of wyoming for a bit
see some of the western part of this great united states got family in cali and washington
   thanks again my friend
    Cowboy316

cowboywc

Howdy JD
The seat came out great. The more you sew the faster it will go.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

You pards have been busy. I step out for the evening and find all this wonderful work when I check in today.

I see you're still making those cool cell cases, cowboy. Nice work.

Beautiful work on that stool seat and bible cover, Corskcrew. That seat really looks comfortable.

JD, that stool is really nice. That'll age nicely. Be sure to post a picture of it after a year of use. The stitching will get easier with practice. After about a mile of it, you'll think it's no big deal. ;D OK, long before that. ;)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny Dingus

Corkscrew real nice work there.  Wow and for a new person to check in with a lot of talent.  Welcome!

JD  too nice a seat to sit on.  Besides that I'd need one 5 legged.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com