Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

Santee
  Lookin good there pard i really like the pattern would love to have a copy of the carving pattern to play with
but all in all your doing great and like we all say PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
     Cowboy316

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

Howdy my Friend Santee,
I think you did a GREAT JOB :) :) I had never seen that type of carving 8), Your knife control is absolutly SUPER :o :o
If you don't mind me asking, what blade were you using?

Santee, my Pard thank you for sharing, and with that type of knife control you will have no problem carving anything you want!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

santee

Thanks, Ace. I used the steel blade and polished it when it felt like it was dragging (Thanks Chuck Burrows and that great DVD).
Cowboy316, that is one of the tracing patterns Will G. put in the package. That would be the '49er holster pattern pack.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Wiley Desperado

Santee, looks good stay with it.
Wiley

Gun Butcher

Santee, that is good looking work. Nothing to be ashamed of there at all.

Cowboy if your not careful you are going to flood the market ;)  lookin' good man .  If you live in Laramie it was to cold to live on Tuesday ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

GB
  ya iwas was bout to cold to live here in laramie but i was nice and warm workin away on my leather work got a check book cover im doing now  ill keep ya posted with pic
    Cowboy316

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Santee,

That's a pretty good job you did there of carving! Thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: santee on March 11, 2009, 09:11:17 AM
Like Ace, I tried my hand at the swivel knife. There's a few boo-boos and choppy areas on this (I tried to do some of it without my spectacles).

Beautiful work Santee

TW
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

santee

Thanks, fellas! However, this morning I was putting another coat of dye on, and I knocked the bottle over, spilling gobs of Fiebings Light Brown all over it.
So...now it will be much darker than I had planned!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

Santee,
Pard I think you and I were born on the same night!! ::) ::) I feel for you :(, you work so hard and then in a blink of a eye something happens!
I hope it turns out better than you think!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

santee

I'll let you know. Kinda funny, really.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

cowboywc

Howdy  Santee
Don't feel bad, everyone I know has spilled a bottle of dye at least once on or off a project. (except me, knock on wood. but
my turns coming I'm sure.)
Years ago I made a holder for dye bottles from 2"thick foam, I cut the shape of the bottle out of the middle
of a 6" square. It holds the bottle with less chance of tipping.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

I've done that.  ;D  More receltly, though I've knocked my lexol over several times. Now it's been transferred to a bottle with a WIDE bottom. No more spills since then. ::)

You know, Santee, the darker color will look just as good as the lighter. Better, maybe. I never worry because darker is OK. It just adds more character. Be sure to post a finished pic.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

HorsePen Henry

Santee, Ya dun good. I know a fella that knocked over a quart bottle of black Omega dye years ago. It was all over the granite slab and everything around it. That fella has been real careful ever since then when there is a open bottle around. :-[

I like yer incised carving.
Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

santee

Haha! You guys are very supportive, and I appreciate that. I've got a little Chevy Chase/Dick Van Dyke thing happenin'. Always have been a clutz.
You know, now that it's all dry, it actually looks...good! ::)
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: santee on March 12, 2009, 08:29:53 PMYou know, now that it's all dry, it actually looks...good! ::)
That's good.  :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Pokey Packrat

Santee, funny how some times mistakes we make lead to a different design than we have planned! I too. have made a holder

for my dye bottles after dumping them and creating a mess. Nice job keep up the good work
S.A.S.S. #64027     Wolverine Rangers # 563   Cowboy Fast Draw #1377   R.A.T.S. # 464    N.R.A. Member  Vietnam Veteran

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com