Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

Hi Johnny,
I tell things the way I fell! I assume some people take offense to some of my statements, but, if the world was like this forum, can you imagine what a wonderfull place it would be! had to go to Tulsa Yesterday, took my wife and nices to shop! I had bought a dupe stamp and needed to trade it for the one I wanted, yesterday, should be a day that goes done in history! I never spent a penny in there! I had $35.00 that I could spend, so I thought I would try to buy a peice of leather,I couldn't believe that they didn't have any leather worth buying except whole sides, and there wasn't anyway I could buy a side!!! ??? ::)
I guess yesterday just wasn't my day, I had time to kill, so I went to a gun store that I have been going to for 25 years, it was a mad house!! I allways go back to the used reloading area, and under the counter there was a box of range pickup 380's, had a clerke walk buy and ash how nuch, he went and got a book and looked them up, said 5 cents, and ask me how many I wanted, I said 500, so he brung me a box and said that the owner said for me to count them out, that he trusted me! No place to sit, back killing me, i count them out, there was 616, so i tought I would just buy them all! Fininaly got to the counter, I told the guy there was 616 and they were priced to me at 5 cents, he shouted at the boss about them, and he said 10 cents, i just turned and walked out!
You see, that is why I like my Home Right Here!!

You all keep do that beautifull work!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Wiley Desperado

Well cowboys here is my latest adventure in leathercrafting just finished them this morning.  These are my version of Will Ghormley's Jesse James' Rig.  They are for my 1875 Remmington's 45 LC.   

Dalton Masterson

Wiley, those are darn nice! Love the 2 tone look.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Wow, Wiley. Two-tone on those looks great. Nice work, pard. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Wiley  :o

Top Notch Pard, your flower pattern looks great, and the contrast of the light brown and dark brown are real classy, I see you used a 1 1/2" bullet loop, very authentic, Ya did good Pard. ::) :o 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboywc

Howdy
Very good lookin rig. Great work.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Wiley Desperado

Pards thanks for the nice comments.  Just to echo what Ace said earlier There are a lot of great pards on this forum.  I for one learn a lot of good stuff reading these threads.  There are some mighty fine leather workers here who are more than willing to share their vast knowledge of leathercrafting.  I guess thats just the cowboy way.
Thanks again
Wiley

Dr. Bob

Wow Wiley,

That is one GREAT rig!!  ;D  Be real proud of your work!!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Gun Butcher

Beautiful Wiley,  That rig ought to turn some heads.  Great work.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

JD Alan

What a pair of lookers Wiley! Inquiring minds want to know the details of the color-finish process. I would love to be able to put something together like that.

Thanks, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Wiley Desperado

Howdy JD, well the dark color is Fiebrings chocolate dye and the light is EVOO and good old Texas sunshine.  I rubbed the whole rig down with a light coating of Montana Pitch-Blend leather oil and conditioner and then lightly with Pitch-Blend dressing and more sunshine, the semi-gloss was done with multiple coats (four) of Leather balm/ atom wax. Between every individual application of each product was vigorous polishing with a soft old tee shirt.  will see how it all works out over time. Thanks for asking.
Wiley   

JD Alan

Thanks Wiley, I really appreciate the info. I have all the items you've listed, so I'm looking forward to giving it a try. Once again, a really cool look, including the belt! JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Wiley,

Beautiful job. A lot of care and thought were put into this rig and it shows. You can be very proud of your work. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

The two-tone definitely came out nice.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

Wiley,
I love those Holsters! didn't you mention that you had done leather work before? If not you are one awesome beginner! The carving on your slim jims are excellent :o :o
  When the temp gets to 70 I am going to get out in the shop and learn (if it kills me) how to carve ::) ??? ::)

Wiley, thanks for sharing!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Irish Dave

Wiley:

Those holsters look great. Very nice job, pard.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Wiley Desperado

Hey all you good pards thanks again for all the kind remarks much appreciated. Ace I have been doing leather work for about three years maybe a little longer sure do enjoy it great hobby.
Wiley

Ace Lungger

Wiley,
Awesome holsters, i hope in 3 years, I can carve that good!!
Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

cowboy316

took a class at the tandy shop last saturday and they were making cell phone cases
heres the one i made   LOL
     Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

That's historically correct if I ever saw it.  ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com