Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

santee

Good looking stuff, guys. Seth, can I have the guns?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I just finished a holster for a S&W Lemon Squeezer, so here she is.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

Man, you do NICE work! Everything about that holster is first rate. I am assuming the finish is oil of some sort left in the sun for a while. Thanks for sharing!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Well, that sure looks good, TW. Nice work. I like the close trimmed skirt. The tooling fits it nicely. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

TW
very nice work  like the stamp on the keeper loop keep up the good work
   Cowboy316

Dr. Bob

WOW!!  Simply gorgeous!!  ;D  Great color and carving.  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks Pards, your kind words are much appreciated

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Wiley Desperado

TW, mighty fine leather work there pard I really like the design and coloring of that holster very nicely done.  Thanks for sharing.

Seth Shaw

Quote from: Johnny McCrae on February 19, 2009, 11:10:56 PM
Howdy Seth,
Beautiful work on your two gun rig! Excellent design & workmanship! Neat  job of molding the shot-gun loops!
I would be curious also as to how you posted your pictures.

Howdy Cowboy 316,
Nifty design on your Saw & Knife combination! Great job of stamping!

Both of the above projects are perfect examples of the advantage in making one's own leather gear.... you can incorporate your own idea's into something both unique and practical. Many thanks for sharing this with us

Thanks for the compliments fellas, much appreciated. I was quite daunted by the idea of jumping right into creating my own classic floral pattern and doing 2 holsters at once but as I kept being told here, I just went ahead and did it. The rig performed flawlessly in Tombstone at the High Noon at the Tombstone Livery shoot at the beginning of the month. Between the rig and my new pistols and shotgun I cut my stage times in half.

As for how I posted the pictures, I uploaded them to my Photobucket account, then all you need to do is copy the IMG code, here is an example (except when you post put square brackets around the **img** and **/img** codes);

IMG http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/DJDace/Gun%20Leather/FloralCarvedRig007.jpg /IMG

Santee if you fly to the San Fernando Valley I'll let you shoot 'em! :) Best CAS investment I made was buying those Rodeo II's from Longhunter ... followed closely by the new Pioneer 12g Coach gun my wife bought me.
See me takin' shots at the bar like I'm bullet-proof.
USFA-CSS #176

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Dalton & Wiley

I'm glad you pards like it, it was fun to make, I had a bit of a challenge getting the flower pattern of that old holster, so I did a reverse scratching, and then a new copy of that. Thanks for taking a look see  :D ;D

cowboywc

Howdy All
Got a little behind in my reading (customer orders).
Nice work Seth, Cowboy 316 and TW.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Gun Butcher

What WC said. Work seems to be getting in the way of play      ;) ;D
       You guys are all doing some great stuff.  Inspiration flows like water around here.   GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ten Wolves,

I echo everyone's sentiments on the Lemon Squeezer Holster... Simply outstanding! Many thanks for sharing your talents and expertise with us Pard.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All  ;D

Thanks CowboyWC, Gun butcher and Johnny McMcrae for the kind words and comments, every one here has been an inspiration for me, and I'm learning more and more every day, with leather there isn't just one or two ways of doing things, and that has been the fun part for me, I never get bored, there is something new to look forward to every day, and with all the talent here in the forum, you can't help but be inspired.

A Big THANKS to ALL  :D ;D

HorsePen Henry

That's a cute little holster, TW. Nice work.
Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ace Lungger

I missed 2 days, and i am lost!!
Howdy Pards, :)
Seth nice rig pard!! Cowboy, A1 job also!!!!

TW, My mentor: That L.S. Holster is a Grand Slam!!!!
The greatest thing we have on this forum, is  that  i: No one on here is trying to out do the next guy!! everyone on here helps everybody, and loves doing it!!! theres not one person on here that wouldn't help someone if they need help!
leather work, like we do, it not easy, my no means! And as far as hobbies, and doing things, i have done a lot!!!!
But I find nothing more pleasing and sastifily than making a leather peice that you have put your heart and soul into, and it turn out pretty good! And then myself, I looked it over and I see things that I will do better the next time! and like I said, no one comes on and said well that looks like crap, and if youy would of done this and that it would of be better! Thats doesn't happen here.
We are family, and we push each other to do better,(us newbies) and you vet's help us newbie's in that way! Before I got hurt, we had a nice group of Bikers, and we have people come up to us, and ask, we don't have Haleys but can we ride with you guys, and we allways said, you bet!! My group would ride with a group of guys from another town once in a will, that they all had new Harleys $1000.00 worth of leather, but couldn't change there own oil or spark plugs, but they were bad a$$ bikers ::) ::) ::) ::)
People like that, i want them in my world!! I am who i am, and I do my best. And you guys, are what keep me going everyday, and I thank you all for that.
keep that leather coming, i love looking!
ACE
p.s. Thanks For being my friend!!!!!
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D ;D ;D ;D Thanks Horse Pen & Ace, your comments are always much appreciated  :D

tEN wOLVES   ;) :D ;D

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ace,

Well said Pard! You hit the nail on the head. Thank you for being a part of this. You are an inspiration.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com