Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Ace  ;) :D ;D 8)

Well you did good Pal, I'm happy your customer likes his new shoulder holster made by ACE the leather man, WELL DONE for sure... :D ;D You make me PROUD.... ;)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ace,

Great job! You deserve a big pat on the back. Many thanks for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboy316

here it is guys the bone saw sheath i finished yesterday
its what ya call a mexican loop i guess ???? but there it is
sorry bout the blurry pics but all ive got is my cell phone right now
      Cowboy316

Dalton Masterson

Cowboy, that looks pretty darn good! Nice work!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice, CB. It looks like a good item. I like the Mexican loop with the stamping you did.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

Cowboy, Like MW. said I like the way you did that, that gives me a project to work on! Little stuff like that , i can get away with work on the back porch, with out getting into a lot of trouble!

Thanks a Bunch for sharing!!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cowboy,

Great job! I like the design and stamping. Did you wet mold this Sheath?

Many thanks for sharing.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work Pard  :D

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

Johnny
  i didnt wet mold it at all the saw blade lated flat enough that i didnt need to but id did dampen it a bit to fish it threw the loop
and thank you everyone for the kind word they keep me inspired
      Thanks
     Cwoboy316

Wiley Desperado

Been out of town for a few days away from the computer just scanned through all the fine leather work.  Like Cowboy's sheath, and Johnny's holster, RayBan's knife sheath and Ace's shoulder holster.  It all really looks great pards there are some talented leather workers on this forum.     

Seth Shaw

Thought I would finally put up some pictures of the rig I recently made for myself. This was my 1st attempt at floral carving holsters and I was happy with the results. I prefer only using one gun belt so I buckle mine in the back so I can have as many shot shell loops as possible in the front. I used thicker leather than I have previously for the loops and riveted them to the belt as opposed to stitching. I wet molded the double shell loops and they are as snug as one could hope for.

See me takin' shots at the bar like I'm bullet-proof.
USFA-CSS #176

Marshal Will Wingam

That rig looks right fine, Seth. I like the two-tone work with the tooling. Those shotgun loops look like they'd work well. Nice touch to mold the center of the loops to fit the shells. Good work.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work Seth, you did a good job on your carving and tooling, this looks like a rig that will work well for you, you did well also with your design, and you shotgun shells should work great the way you have them.  8) WELL DONE PARD

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D

Dalton Masterson

Very nice. I like the rivets on the loops. Remind me of brass spots! Nice work on the carving too. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

JD Alan

Very nice looking rig, great tooling too. I'm curious what you're doing to post so many clear pictures. I wish more people did it that way!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

heres a bone saw plus knife sheath combined i got the idea from a pic i saw online
heres my version  of the sheath

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Seth,
Beautiful work on your two gun rig! Excellent design & workmanship! Neat  job of molding the shot-gun loops!
I would be curious also as to how you posted your pictures.

Howdy Cowboy 316,
Nifty design on your Saw & Knife combination! Great job of stamping!

Both of the above projects are perfect examples of the advantage in making one's own leather gear.... you can incorporate your own idea's into something both unique and practical. Many thanks for sharing this with us

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice idea, CB. Good combo for those two tools. Looks good. Keep 'em coming.

Wiley Desperado

Seth, great looking rig I like the carving, the two tone color and the way you molded the shot shells, That should really work well. Thanks for sharing.
Cowboy you just keep on keeping on good looking leather work pard.  Thanks for sharing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com