Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy WC,

Beautiful job on the Sheath! The spots look great. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice sheath, WC. I like the line of spots to make it interesting. Good molded fit. I see the loop folded forward to show the finished side. Looks good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wiley Desperado

Looking good Cowboy very nice work on that sheath.

WC very nicely done pard,

Thanks for sharing

cowboywc

Howdy TW
Yes they are NOS copper spots.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

RollingThunder

Well, I go away and get busy for a while, and I get to come back and look at sheaths, cuffs, and all sorts of awesome stuff. Really nice to see! Bravo ya'll!

So, here's what I've been up to lately. If they look familiar, it's because I asked David Carrico to click me a few, and for the right jingle, he obliged kindly and I must say if ya'll ever are in need of anything of the kind, David's one of the nicest most approachable folks you'll ever want to deal with.

My pardon to David for not working these out quite to his quality, but these are the best I could do.

I still have to slit the leather and put the outside button holes in them, and edge them, but I figured while I was takin' pictures I may as well snap a few of these.

Hope ya'll enjoy them!

Hoka!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

cowboy316

hey Thunder
    very good lookin pair of straps im gonna have to make a pair for mine some day when i get more leather
   very nice thanks for the pics
       Cowboy316

RollingThunder

Did ya'll see Chuck's sheath and knife combo? The guy's on a whole 'nother planet as far as capability goes. Just a wowser!

cowboy316

ya Thunder i saw it that man is incredible when it comes to leather work as soon as i get some money im buying his videos and just might have to take a trip to Durngo Colorado this summer and see him  LOL
   Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy RT

Will cowboy your work reaches a new level every time you post a new project, well done pard, they're beautiful.  ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

Quote from: cowboywc on February 07, 2009, 02:45:50 AM
Howdy all
Here is a sheath I did yesterday for a friend of mine. He made the knife.
WC

I'd like to know what the asnwer is to the previous poster's question ... are those copper spots? Very neat touch and it looks good with the color of that leather!

RollingThunder

cowboywc

Howdy RT
I did, you just missed it postin  those good lookin straps.
They are NOS copper spots.
WC

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: cowboywc on February 07, 2009, 05:03:05 PMThey are NOS copper spots.
Those really look good. Copper has a nice color to it.

Those straps are great, Rt. Your makers stamp looks good, there. Keep it up.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

RollingThunder

I agree with the Marshal (hey, in the old west, it was the only way to keep from getting shot -- agree with the fella with more firepower).

Those copper spots are really a nice change of pace over nickel, brass or antiqued. Good choice there!

Ace Lungger

RM,
Those are so AWESOME looking straps, very nice design work! And you are 100% right about David C., he is a super nice guy, and when I was over there he was realy helpfull to me. He has a AWESOME shop!!! And he will help anyone that needs help!
You all been doing some great work!
Thanks For Sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Howdy RT,

Beautiful job on your Straps! Excellent job of stamping and workmanship! Many thanks for sharing this with us. We look forward to seeing your next projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Wiley Desperado

RT those are some mighty purdy spur straps pard I really like your makers stamp also great work. 

cowboywc

Howdy All
I just made this today. I didn't have a good watch other than my pocket watches so I bought this one
this morning and just finished the band.
WC

cowboy316

Wow WC thats really cool i would have never thought to do something like that
what stamp did you use for the backgrounding on it its not like any backgrounders
I have
    looks good keep it up and ill stay inspired to keep going LOL
        Cowboy316

cowboywc

Howdy
Thank you.
It is the small pebble stamp from Hidecrafter, #PA003
WC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com