Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

better pic of round leather tooling

Marshal Will Wingam

The practice piece looks good, Cowboy. Nice work. You'll find a good use for it.

Great job on those cuffs, RT. I love that color. Keep up the olil slick. It seems to work well. I was waiting to see the finished product. Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

RollingThunder

The basic layout is Will Ghormley's, so I don't think he'd be too thrilled with me posting the layout that he sells as part of his roping cuff collection. :) The Oregon Lace is mine, and yes, I did design the overall look of the cuffs. I used two camos, a veiner, a small flower, a large flower, a small basketweave, a small spot and a modeling spoon, too.

I've been considering doing my own version of a roping cuff design for the next one I do, so if it works out well enough, I'll post it over in the patterns thread. 
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

RollingThunder

That's a much better picture cowboy! LOVE that work! Very nicely done! Bravo!

Ace Lungger

R.T.
AWESOME cuffs man :o :o :o They kick$$$$ big time! I hope to get there someday ::) ::)
Later ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

JD Alan

Man oh man, you are both doing GREAT WORK. Cowboy, that'some nice carving. After one attempt at a flower, I moved over to Oak Leaves. Once I get those down I'll try something else.

RT, what a piece of work! I'm glad I Don't know how to post pics that sharp, 'cause I would be embarrssed to post any of my stuff. The color is outstanding too. I thought maybe you went to the Chuck Barrows school of dyeing leather (If there was such a thing, I'd be there!)

Thanks to both for posting picks   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

RollingThunder

I dunno if my stuff belongs in the same congratulations as Cowboys ... that floral tooling has gots me drooling. LOL. Just hands down great stuff!

As far as the school of dye work, well, I actually just went to the "Hmm, I wonder how THIS would look if I spilled it on leather" school. I did love Chuck's coffee cuffs though. Those were flat amazing. I mean, it looked like he broke into a museum and swiped them critters, it really did!

cowboy316

JD
speaking of oak leave im in the process of doing another tooling sample with acorns and an oak leaf lol
ill post a pic when im done with it too
gonna try to get  to tandy and get a holsteer kit and make it just for grins even tho i dont have any thing to put in it
    if any one have pics of their oak leaves id like to see the different styles of tooling
   Cowboy316

Wiley Desperado

Cowboy, your carving is really very good.
RT, I don't know what I can add to what has already been said about your roping cuffs, OUTSTANDING!!

cowboy316

;D Thank you everyone for all the comments im greatfull for it
ive always thought bout tryin to get into makeing and selling my
work but just not to confident bout how it would go and not sure
bout how to go about getting started
            Cowboy316

Irish Dave

Marshal Will & Rolling Thunder:

Damn, I turn my back for just a little bit and there's PAGES of new stuff.

Great looking work, fellas. First class all the way from where I sit.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Dave. That'll teach you to look away for a minute, eh?

cowboy316

not sure how good the pic is but its an oak leaf pattern

Marshal Will Wingam

It's a little out of focus, but it looks to be good work. Thanks for the pic.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Marshal Will and Gents  ;D

I just thought I would bring to the attention of all us leather men, that we're on PAGE 200, on this of January 20, 2009 the same day as the Inauguration, its been a great trip for me , when I started in this forum it was back in 2005, I never posted then, but looking at all the fine work that was displayed here was just what I needed to light that fire, along with a shove from CowboyWC, We have without question the best bunch of Pards for sure, everyone goes that extra mile to help others with this craft, and they do it willingly and happily, no one is afraid someone is going to steal or copy there work, they actually welcome it. The support I have gotten here is unlike anything I have ever gotten anywhere, your all a Great bunch of Pards to ride the trail with. ;)
       When I started looking at Show Your Stuff we were on page 26, we've come a long way.  ;D

Here's to another 200 Pages  :) :o

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Cowboy316

Nice work Pard, you're really coming along, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you, this leather work, is more like Leather FUN, it's good to have you with us, I think your addicted now  ???

TW  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

Ten Wolves
     Well thank you for the compliment and ive been hooked since i started doing leather work when i was 9 or 10 years old
that was 25 years ago just wish i would have kept doing it every day i can just imagine where id be now  but im gonna get back into it  just need the drive to keep going  and the projects (thats the big on  lol)
     Thanks again ten wolves
             Cowboy316

cowboywc

Howdy Cowboy 316
Nice carving on the oak leaves.
Did you not use a background stamp? The pix is kinda blurry so to me it looks like you only beveled.
Your work will stand out much better and look more raised if you also use a backgrounder.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

cowboy316

WC
no i didnt use one i was just playing  im still working on it i used black dye to darken the back ground and believe it or not theres no finish on it yet lol
this leather was fun to tool and it dried while toolin it started to tak an antique look to it with out any dye  it was weird but fun to work with
              Cowboy316

JD Alan

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

same oak leaf pattern before back grounding  and dying  before back gorunding but with dyed back gorund
then dyed and backgrounded

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com