Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

jd
i knew your where meaning it as a compilment  i was just being a smarty pants lol i love when i get compilements lik that         
                             Cowboy316   

Mississippi Sam

Second Holster

Thrid Holster

Fourth Holster

and a cuff!

man this leather stuff is addictive!

cowboywc

Howdy Sam
That's some good lookin work.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, Sam. Nice work. I really like your middle holster with the cut pattern. Thanks for sharing those with us. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to more of your posts.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboy316

howdy sam
    very nice work, love the cuff i need to make another pair some day  but not really needed right now
           keep it up and thanks for sharing
                      Cowboy316

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Sam,

Wow! That's some beautiful work. Right out of the pages of "Packing Iron"

Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D Howdy Sam  :o

WOW, you do nice work pard, and your right it is addictive, Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your work with us. ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

MS,
:o :o :o :o AWESOME!! That is some super fine carving!!
thanks for sharing for all to see!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

RollingThunder

Very nice work! Bravo pard!

And as you can see here, I got a LOT of work to do on my tooling.

Hoka yall!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

cowboy316

thunder very nice i love a good pair of spur straps that are hand made
keep it up
    Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

Those look good, RT. I like the design and personalizing them with the name. Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

JD Alan

OK, first things first. I'm only posting this because I've asked so many questions, and received so much help, I felt I should give a little evidence that I've followed some of it.

I'm in the process of sampling various dyes to figure out what color I want on the belt.

I did not build the redish belt, but I did make a new billet for it, sewed it on, and made the belt keepers. I think I've gotten over my apprehension of sewing.

The black belt is for our club to use on orientation day. It's super adjustable, and I hope to maket a couple of holsters for it soon.

I've got several questions as a result of this little bit of work, but I'll post those separately.

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

;D boy oh boy JD top notch there bud excellent work makes a man feel good when he get to a point where things are takin shape  cant wait to see the finished product
                  Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice, JD. No matter what color you choose, that belt will look good. The overstitch line works with that border design. Looking forward to the finished product.

SaddleRider

I'm no expert, by any stretch of the term and still have much to learn.  I recently finished a one year apprenticeship under a gentlemen cowboy with 25 years experience in the shoe, boot, saddle repair & custom leather making field.  Sadly he closed his doors the day before Thanksgiving to "semi-retire" so I started my own saddle repair & custom leather shop out of my home for now.

I know my work is not top quality or anywhere close yet, but I'll post some pics of the work I have done so far.

I have some other pics on my website if you want to see more.

Johnny McCrae

RT,
Beautiful job on your Spur straps.  Don't be so hard on yourself..... Your tooling looks great!  Very nice design!

JD,
Looking good on your Belts!  Nice, neat job of stitching and stamping.  Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Saddle Rider,
Nice looking work.  Neat design on the hat brim.  Best of luck to you in your new venture.  Look forward to seeing your future projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

Thanks everyone, I do appreciate it. Johnny, a special thanks to you for the sewing tutorial. I went back and read it again, then went forward. I used a chisel punch because I don't have the Dremel set up for drilling yet, but that's coming.

Saddle Rider, very nice work. I really like the barbed wire. I have a set of those stamps, and will use them on a belt soon. Anyone who builds a saddle is a "Pro" in my book any day.   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents  ;D

I think you all deserve a pat on the back, a big well done to all, nice neat work...... ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;D

And a big howdy do to you to Johnny  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

RollingThunder

JD -- Those are looking really nice and really even so far. I too want to see it when it's finally finished! WOOOHOO!

Saddlemaker - I love the hat! That just flat is very cool! Thanks for sharing those!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, SaddleRider. Your work is good. I like the hat brim a lot. Nice idea to put the barbed wire down the center of the belt instead of as a border. That's a good idea because it leaves more smooth leather just inside the border. Congrats on starting your own business. Nice that you had an experienced person to steer you along. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Today I finished up my Frank James holster. I've been looking forward to making one ever since I got the floral stamps. Thanks to Will Ghormley for the inspiration and the stamps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com