Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Carrico

Great looking stamp. Great design. I just found out about Phillips Engraving last week and have a new stamp being made. Their stamps look great and are affordable.

Irish Dave

Rolling Thunder:

Your makers stamp is simply outstanding, in my view.

I'd be obliged if you'd share some of the details on what you ordered from Phillips. (Cost, model, type etc).

My old makers stamp is in need of replacing and this looks like very good work at a very good price.

Thanks again.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

RollingThunder

Hey there. if you go to http://www.phillipsengraving.com and visit their "leather stamps" page they have a basic ordering package, or you can send them custom artwork (what I did) ... costs the same I think. Delivered to my door, it was $48.

:D
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy RT,

That is a beautiful design you made for your maker's stamp. Many thanks for sharing your talents with us along with posting the link to Philip's Engraving.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Irish Dave

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Wiley Desperado

RT nice stamp good design pard whoever gets any of your work will like that one for sure. 

cowboy316

been doing leather work a while but not much for holsters and stuff mainly wallets and stuff

RollingThunder

Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

cowboy316

;D thank you bud just got back into tooling a few weeks ago after i blew my knee out 2 months ago been doing leather work off and on for 25 years loll

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks good, Cowboy. For some reason, I can't pull up a larger image of them but what I can see on the thumbnails, they look great. I'll take another look tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wiley Desperado

Real nice work Cowboy thanks for sharing pard.

cowboy316

thank ya fellas hope to get more and better pics  got a belt in the works now so ill get it posted soon

Gun Butcher

Been lost in the ozone for a week or so and it always takes a while to catch up with you guys.            Chuck as always your work is top notch and I do love lookin at it.
Cowboy, welcome to the forum and keep showin your work it looks great.
Wiley, that is a fine lookin 1911 rig. Your pardner will be proud of it.
Rollin Thunder, you have inspired me to design and make my own MM, yours looks perfect.

Heck, I probably missed someone, but not on purpose. Like Johnny says Thank you all for sharing your talents and ideas with the rest of us.  It is greatly appreciated.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

just playing with a new blade and some good scrape skirt leather  ;D
the joy of a new blade and knowing how to finally keep it sharp lol
                                    Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice. Nothing better than a sharp tool.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

cowboy,
Nice carving!!! I am going learn to do that someday (maybe) ::) ::), Keep up the great work, and Thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: cowboy316 on January 14, 2009, 10:06:13 PM
just playing with a new blade and some good scrape skirt leather  ;D
the joy of a new blade and knowing how to finally keep it sharp lol
                                    Cowboy316

Howdy Cowboy 316

Nice carving pard, this is fun stuff , the more you do the better you get, thanks for sharing

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

JD Alan

Obviously you are no rookie or newbie, Mr. "Sheridan Carving" That's good looking tooling there Cowboy. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

cowboy316

Thank you JD for the compilment but im by far no Mr Sheridan lol im just here to enjoy the art of leather work and show my stuff
                   Cowboy316

JD Alan

You realize I meant that "Mr. Sheridan Carving" as a complement, not a snide remark. Chan Geer will be holding a 3 day class in Portland around October, and I plan to attend. He did one last October, but I couldn't make that one. The people around here that did really came away with some skills, and of course a few tools ;)   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com