Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

Kid,. as usual the holsters are great. and the purse is exactly what I had hoped to see.  If I had another one I would send it to you also. Glad the better half likes it.
  Hey, stop gettin' sick pard they tell me there is no future in it ;)
Seriously, good to hear you are doing better.  We need you around here to tell Horsepen a bear story once in a while.
Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

HorsePen Henry

Bear stories? That perked my ears right up!!! ;D

All you boys have been real busy...looks ta me. The weather is such that when I have the time to shoot pictures, it's rainin'.
When it's sunny out I don't wanna shoot pictures I just wanna go shootin' pistols. ;D
No posts from me in awhile because of that. I am still here a listenin and a watchin'. Keep up the good work!!!

Hats off to the Ladies, too!!!  ;)  :-*  :-[
X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Johnny McCrae

Howdy to Dalton, Ned & the Kid,

My hat's off to you guys for the beautiful projects you have posted. Your work is inspiring and a genuine pleasure to look at. Many thanks for sharing your talents with us
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Rayban

Got the belt finished up..... ;D

[Lost link deleted by moderator]

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Rayban

Judging by your resent work, I'd say you were deffenitly ready to step up to the real deal, although if I was still a kid, I'd still want you making holsters for me and the boys, ( LOL ), all kidding aside , you are very good at this, the holster your belt, will all I can say is their Beautiful, and this is a job WELL DONE.  ::) :o 8)

Can't wait to see your next project  ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Realy, nice work Kid, nice and clean, and the carving on the Purse, keep up the good work! Thanks for sharning!

Rayban, real clean 1800's bordering , and A nice distressed look on the holster!
Thanks for sharing!
ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Rayban,

Ten Wolves & Ace hit the nail on the head and expressed my sentiments exactly. That is one fine rig! Many thanks for showing us the completed project. Can't wait to see your future work!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboywc

Howdy All
Well I finished another piece to the set. I've been working on this set for awhile now in between
customer orders.
I stamped the lefthand at the fair a couple weeks ago. Just got it sewn the other day.
Now all I have to do is make the belt and I will have a matching set of holsters, belt cuffs and spur straps.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy WC

Your Holsters came out beautiful to say the least, I love that Barry King border stamp, let me know when you get some more in, I've got to have one of them, I really like the way you change direction with this tool, and your checkering is spot on perfect, are you going to put your makers stamp on the the right holster, or just be different and leave it at that, I know you used Skidmores as your final finish, I'm getting so I can tell the difference, I use Skidmores as my final finish all the time now, it's makes a beautiful and natural looking finish, not to mention the conditioning and protection it gives you, are you going to make your belt with or without bullet loops? or is it going to just be for your cap & balls six shooters? anyway WELL DONE PAL, YOU MAKE ME PROUD.  :D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

good job on the belt, Rayban. I really like that border on that rig. Nice stitching. The decorative clip corner buckle is a nice touch.

Wow, WC. You've done it again. I think I may need one of those stamps, too. Ya better get a handful of them in. ;D  You reallly make that border right by reversing the direction. I like the fine cross-hatching, too. Did you do that with a swivel knife? It really looks good. Beautiful work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy TW & MW
Thank you for the kind words.
I didn't have my makers stamp when I made the other holster so I'll leave it alone.
I don't think I'll put loops since it's for my C&P's. I think I'll carve the Texas Ranger Star and do the
checkering to match the rest. The checkering is done free hand with a swivel knife.
The boarders stamp is not from Barry King, it's from Hidecrafter.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Johnny McCrae

Good morning WC,

Thank you for posting another fine work of art from your workshop. I do look forward to seeing the entire set when you complete it.

JD Alan

WC, one word describes your work, WOW! I'll say it backwards, WOW! I'm glad Will asked how you did the crosshatching. I've not seen that done before, it really looks sharp, and eunique. Thanks for sharing it, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ace Lungger

:)Good Mornin Pards,
WC, AWESOME pair of holsters!!! I love the way you took the basket weave, and blendened it with the other stamps, as the flow is perfectly match with the design of the holsters style. i make a lot of comments, and my comments are how i seem the project! I am no artist abilitly, but I do know what I like and see!
And since I can't carve I have to work extremly hard to mate up the stamps and style to make a rig look like it belongs in the period, instead of , just a bunch of stamps thrown on a piece of leather!
Thaks so much for sharing and inspiring pards like me>
Ace
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Rayban

The latest addition to my Plinkin Rig....the bullet pouch.....lots of room for improvement in this piece, but it will hold up well till I git r done over. ;D

[Lost link deleted by moderator]

Dalton Masterson

Very nice Rayban!! I like the look. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Rayban, it looks great Pard, I'm sure you'll get some good use out of it. 8)

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a fine match for the rig. I particularly like the molded pouch. It works nicely. I've done a lot of molded leather in the years past. It always has a nice appearance. Good job.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

WC,
That there is some mighty find strait line swivel knife work!!! And I do like the stamp you used to make the checkering affect all flow so nicley toghter!
I want to thank you for Sharing!!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Don101

WC i also like that border tool it looks great,
Rayban you have done a great job on that rig too, the pouch looks just great they arnt all that easy to do did you use a block mold? Don

well here is what ive just churned out well thats western that is, Don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com