Previous topic - Next topic

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Dalton Masterson

Newest set made for my pard, MT Brass for his R/M Conversions.
Color is Fiebings Dark Brown, with a topcoat of Skidmores.
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

cowboywc

Howdy DM
Good lookin set of holsters.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Good work, Dalton. That border looks great with the dark brown. Bold without being over done. Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Rayban

Beautiful DM...very inspirational to me too!! ;D

Ned Buckshot

Here is a rig I made for Dennis Adler of Guns of the Old West magazine.

Hope you like it.

Ned
nedbuckshot@yahoo.com
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Ace Lungger

:)Hey Pard,
I realy like that new set of holsters!! :o They are AWESOME and like was said above, just the right amount stamping and spots, give that set a nice over all flow!
I have one holster to finish and a knife sheath to make. And then I don'r know! Had a bunch of shots in my spine Monday, havn,t been out of the house since. I don't think they did any good so, I don't know how much i will be going to the shop, it turn cool here about like where you are, and the cold kills the back.

So It maybe a long winter, it came about 3 weeks earlier this year than it did last year!
Super nice set of Holsters, Pard!!!!
Later
ACE

Ned, AWESOME Rig, I love the color, nice styling! Question, are those cylinder holder's on the belt? They sure look nice!
Thanks for sharing !
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ned Buckshot

Howdy Ace, yes they are, the rig is a very close copy to what Clint Eastwood used in "Pale Rider" except for the keeper over the cylinders.  VERY   time consuming to make, there are 8 differant parts to just that section alone! :o I stayed busy for over a year after the article came out just building more rigs like it!

Here is another design for an RM conversion that I did for Walt Kirst of Kirst converter fame.

Ned

nedbuckshot@yahoo.com
Ned Buckshot

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, Ned. Those rigs really look good. I like the narrow belt on the first one, it really portrays the beginning of the cartridge era. That cylinder holder is nice with the cap over the cylinders. Fastening it at the top is good, too. You won't be fighting the retainers while changing them. The money belt is a nice look on the second one. You don't see dark money belts often for some reason. I like the look. Good work on both rigs, they're beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us. Looking forward to seeing more of you around here. Welcome to the forum.

Ace Lungger

:)Ned I have to agree totaly with MW1  I realy like both rigs, and have made patters for my 51Navy US Marshalls. and I was going for a gun fighter look, so that a lot of those purdy guns showed, also thought that the cyclinder holders just set the rig off!
I was going to use a wide Belt because I thought that I might put 45-70 bullet loops! I HATE making bullet loops! Is there anyway I could get you to shoot a pic of the last belt, I know it is a money belt, which I am not going to do, but i wanted to look over the way youdid your loops!i have even thought about buying 1/8th" spots and use 2-3 in between each bullet! Everytime I try to sew loops, they look bad!
Keep up that nice work!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ned Buckshot

Howdy Ace.

The cartridge loops are laced through slots punched in the belt, that way I only have to stitch or rivet the ends!

While not very common there are examples of originals done that way plus in doing so you can tighten the loops after they stretch out and they all do I don't care what is done!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Ned Buckshot

Thanks Marshall! ;D

That's the best thing about doing custom leather; seeing (or hearing) the end users look on thier face and saying wow that's even better than I had hoped for!

The cylinder carrier was a struggle, I worked on it for months till I came up with the final design that you see. It was so successfull I had it patented.

Now here's another one I built for Dennis Adler.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

Dalton, you are really developing a great style, your use of of border stamps and colors is rich and pleasing, I have a lot of brass spots laying around, I just might use them next, I like your placement of them they look good. 8) Oh yea, Dalton I really like your wood pile, it's a nice way to photo your work, great back ground. 8) ::) :D

Newbuckshot

Nice Work pard, like Marshal said, the use of the narrow belt really tells of the period it was made for, very nice work all around, the color has depth and beautiful tone, adding the cylinder holders make it compleat, Clint would have been proud to wear this rig. :o 8)

And by the way welcome to the Leather Forum Pard  :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Don101

Rayban love the cheyenne holster and the color is just great,

DM  and Ned nice rigs alround, dito to what everyone above has posted, Don

Ned Buckshot

Thank You All for the nice welcome and comments. ;D

I will try and help out and share the knowledge I have gained over the years, I feel like I'm home now.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Ace Lungger

Thanks Ned, I had told a good friend of mine how bad I hated doing bullet loops and he told me that a lot of people do it that way. So I guess the next time I will give it a try!
Thanks
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Rayban

Thanks Don...I'll have the belt posted real soon..... ;D

kid sheleen

Nice to see some newcomers and great work all!  I had a wee bout of pneumonia and was in the hospital for a few days and missed posting for a while.   :P  But I'm better now! :D

Here's a rig I made for myself because I wanted a black one to match my new outfit.

And here's the purse Gunbutcher sent to me to make for my wife for our 27th anniversary.  She gets all kinds of comments on it everywhere she goes.  Thanks Gunbutcher, she loves it! :D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, Kid. I like the border design on the rig. It works well in black. It makes a good look. The purse is fine work, too. I can see why she gets compliments. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Good to see you back in action. Thanks for sharing.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Kid

Beautiful rig pard, I think your border tooling really looks nice, is this a dark brown, or black, either way it stands out, very classy looking, and your placement of conchos adds a nice touch. Thanks for sharing. ::) :o 8) I'm happy to hear your feeling better, that stuff can really bring you down. That was really nice of Gunbutcher, to give you that purse to make for your wife, you did a great job, and I'm sure she loves it.

Take good care of yourself Pard

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com