Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HorsePen Henry

You boys are making me slobber all over my key board like an ornery old bull.

Don, that's a fine lookin' piece a work. I got a couple I'll show ya as soon as the sun shines and I can get them shot.

Gray Wolf, I'll call ya. Dern that's too good fer words.

Hats off to ya both,
X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ace Lungger

:) Real nice job Don,
Man that thing looks just like if it was issused yesterday!
Thanks For Sharing
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

Howdy Pards,

I have been trying to get a good design for a double mag pouch for the .45 ACP.   Although this design was origianlly from Bianchi, I have changed it somewhat.  I need some input into this so as to get some of the kinks out of it.  If you notice there is no sewing or stitching...just two double rivets, two #24 line snaps, and a tension screw
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

This is the pouch before assembly
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks like a good design, pard. I like the simplicity of the idea. That looks like it would match your WB holster nicely.

I notice that the tension screw looks like it goes through the whole item into a Chicago screw head. If so, wouldn't that tend to negate the use of the snaps? I'm assuming that the tabs get riveted together to become a divider. To be able to use the snaps, how about putting the screw between the tabs halfway down and under the back piece so you can unsnap the holder to put it on or take it off without removing your belt? If the screw head interferes with or would mark the belt, you could reverse it so the screw head is on the outside where it can be adjusted without removing the holder.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

knucklehead

I belive the screw in the center is what seperates the 2 magazines.
the screw will also allow the user to tighten / loosen the pouch as per his/hers preference to how snug the pouch holds the magazines in place

I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Dalton Masterson

I see what you are meaning Will. He could just use rivets instead of the snaps, due to the screw going all the way through.

Very nice and simple design, Outrider
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Gun Butcher

Here is my latest item. A phone holster that I needed so that I would not trash another phone :-[. I still need a lot of practice but I'm lovun' every minute of it.
Wish I had a chance to take some of those classes youall talk about. I can sure see where they would help.

Well, maybe one of these days. 
Let me know what you think, what I need to work on and so forth.  GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

outrider

Marshal & Dalton,

I made a second one today and did away with the snaps.  Dalton, we must have a mind meld..I thought about it last nite and decided that the snaps could just as well be rivets...so the second one has the rivets.  Marshal...the tabs at the end fold over and are riveted thereby making a divider between the magazines.  The tension screw is a 8-32 with a finishing washer and a 3/4" piece of plastic tubing for compression.  Works out very nicely.  I will post some more pics when I get a chance
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

Good work, GB. I like the checked design. Nice. Yeah, we'll keep you around. ;D Be sure to post pics of any new stuff.

Lookin' forward to more photos of your mag holder, Outrider. It'll be nice with rivets. Less bulky across the back that way. ;)

Rayban

My first go at a real (non-toy) holster....the belt is on the table now. 8)

[Lost link deleted by moderator]

Gun Butcher

;D  You got a real winner there Rayban. I like the color and the stamping looks great. If that is your first one I can't wait to see your 10th.
Keep it up man you got skills 8)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Dalton Masterson

Very nice clean lines, even stitching. Looks good. Like the color! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Rayban,

You have done a beautiful job on your first Holster! Nice workmanship and I like the border treatment. Look forward to seeing the Belt. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice work, Rayban. I like the clean lines. Your workmanship is great. Like GB says, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. Thanks for the pic.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Rayban

Well done pard, very nice looking Cheyenne holster, and for being your first, like some of the others have said , I can't wait to see your work 6 months from now, I like the color, nice clean stitching, and very neatly done stamping, this would be a keeper for me. ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

Rayban, Every one has said what needs to be said, except; AWESOME JOB
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Rayban

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement ;D I've been making mostly knife sheaths the last couple years, and found that making this holster was just as easy, once you got the proper pattern to size.
And i must say that visiting this forum and lurking a bit pushed me to run out to buy the Single Six so that I could make a holster for it....so again I thank you...and the wife REALLY thanks you ::)

[Lost link deleted by moderator]

cowboywc

Howdy Rayban
Nice work.
I like your seams, nice and slick.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, for sure. That's a good, clean way you make them. Thanks for posting the pics. Now will you have to go buy another pistol to have one for yourself? ;D Be sure to get another model so you can make a new pattern. Then post the pic here. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com