Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboywc

Howdy Don
That's a great lookin pair of straps.

The swivel cuts on the holster are mine too. The holster was already made when I decided to match it to the
sheath. I had used Skidmores for a finish on the holster and culd not get it wet enough t get any depth to
my carving.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Don101

oh right thats why its lighter cuts still fingercuts ar not easy to do ive tried and gave up ill have to get me a filigre blade..LOL, Don

Marshal Will Wingam

Hey, lookin' good, Don. I like those straps. Good color for that design. The mulefoot makes a nice border, too. Good work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Kid,
Thats a beautiful job of carving! Can't wait to see the finished product One of my goals is to learn how to carve like that some day. Many thanks for sharing this with us

Howdy WC,
Your sheath's and holster set are very nice. Many thanks to you for sharing your work, idea's and knowledge with us

Howdy Don,
Great job of carving on your Bird wings! I really like the finish you put on them. Many thanks for sharing this with us
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

:)Hey Don, Those are some AWESOME spur straps, beatifull carving and color, everything about them seems flow toghter, perfect job. What did you use for dye?
Like Johnny said thanks for sharing!

ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

santee

Nice! What period are those? 1880-1890?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Don101

thaks guys,
yes Santee around that period i dont know the exact date this pair was made or bought by teddy though,
Ace the dye is a mix from fibings medium brown and three parts tandy pro dye saddle tan, and saddle oil, Don

Johnny Dingus

WC nice sheaths and holster too.  Like the matched set.  Don't understand why the buyer did not want both.

Don  Beautiful straps.

You guys are both fantastic leatherworkers.

Please continue to post your projects it gives us something to shoot at and hopefully we improve while trying.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

kid sheleen

Alright, Compadres,  I've been working my fingers to the bone all week to finish the eagle buscadero belt because it's a gift for my son who's coming home from college this weekend and I wanted to have it ready to give him for his B-day.  Here's the pics! :)
kid
www.circlemleather.com

kid sheleen

Two more pics of the eagle belt.  This B-day present comes complete with a pair of Uberti Polished stainless 1858 Remingtons with .45 Colt conversion cylinders and aged ivory grips.
kid
www.circlemleather.com

outrider

Kid,

That is one nice looking rig.  Your son will look pretty spiffy in that.  Well done.....want to make me one??? ::) ;D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

kid sheleen

:PSure Outrider!  If your waist size is less than 22 inches and you can wait for delivery until the Amazon freezes over or I catch another bear with a piece of liver, whichever comes first! ;D
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Well, there, Kid. That is first rate. Great work. I like the color on it. Those S/S 58's are a good addition to it, too. Your son should really be stoked over that. What a cool gift.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Don101

22 inch waist i dont think i can remember that far back LOL ...nice rig though it has turned out realy nice, Don

Ace Lungger

Howdy Kid,
WHOLY SMOKES  :o :o :o I can't imagine how much time you have in that rig!! That is a beatifull piece of art work!!
AWESOME in every WAY :) When I saw that it blowed me away! I have seen some AWESOME RIGS on here, but that is most carving on a rig that I have ever seen except for out of Packing Iron Book!!

I take my Hat off to you!!
I only have on small question, are you by anyway wanting to adopt another son?? I don't each much ::) :)

Thanks for showing us that AWESOME RIG, your son will be proud when he is at a shoot with that on!!

Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

santee

Wow! Now that's a lot of work. Well done!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

8) ::) :o 8) Well done Kid  :D ;) ;D

tw  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Kid,

Very Very Nice! Many thanks for sharing your work with all of us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

outrider

Howdy Pards,

I have again re-designed the western style 45 ACP holster.  Instead of a recurve at the throat I have done an arc.  So far this has been well received by the Wild Biunch shooters.  But I wanted some input from my favorite critics   ;D  I have also finally found my "US" impression stamp an the next holster will have the cross strap with the "US" logo on it.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Johnny Dingus

Very nice Outrider,

Liked the way the border is outlind by using dividers.  Stamping looks even.  The coloring is showing on my computer as a darkbrown with red highlights.  If that is the true color it makes it look older kinda antique.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com