Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice sheath, Outrider. I like the thong on the strap to hold it closed. Nice lines. Good job. That wooden knife is a work of art in itself.  :D

Santee, I sent you a pm.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

HorsePen Henry

Outrider, that's quite a sheath and quite a wooden knife and one heck of a yarn. :)

Lordee, it's been quite a week.

Cheers and pass the tequila,

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ace Lungger

:) Outrider,
That is AWEOME, I like that sheath :o Great design, I like that stamp I use it a lot,and I have it's older brother that has a differnt flower in it!, you realy took your time and did it right, very professional!

Thanks for sharing, and maybe one day I will be able to turn out something like that!

Thanks For Sharing
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

Thanks for the compliments guys

Horsepen...that really happened.  I delivered the sheath today and the guy actually asked for the wooden knife back. :D :D :D
He was very pleased with the outcome but made me chuckle about wanting the wooden knife back.  When he did this his wife just shook her head back and forth.  hehehe
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Gun Butcher

Great work outrider.

Now for something a little different. I have been fascinated with the Botas de alas that WRT puts out and that leads to trouble on a rainy day. Here I am sitting out the monsoons that Tropical storm Fay has so graciously brought to southern Alabama and I suddenly remembered an old pair of Plains Indian leggings that I had packed away. Any how, to make a long story short, here they are and man if I ever wanted a pattern more than I did today I don't remember it. But, once again, it was a neat learning experience.
    Botas de alas  a la Gun Butcher.  :-\
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

Outrider & Gun Butcher, you pards are a hard act to follow, Outrider your sheath is real nice I like the design, and the way you laced up the loop.

Gun Butcher, nice botas pard are going to be wearing them, you'll be a daisy if you do , just kidding they look great, I'm going to have to give chap making a try one of these days.

Ten Wolves  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

This isn't much, and the pictures don't show everything that I wanted, all well , I'm far from perfect.
                    I made a Creedmore Soule site cover, and one for the front spirir level site, to use when I have my Sharps Rifle in my gun cart, just to help keep it clean, so here they are,

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Ten wolves, Isn't it amazing what you cancome up with, nice work pard and they look like they'll get the job done.

I should have taken a picture with the Botas on but I couldn't figure out how to shoot them upside down

Ah ha, the better half just walked in and now I can show you what they really look like.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Gun Butcher

BTW, the rifle under that fine leatherwork ain't half bad either ;)
Gun Butcher

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice botas, GB. Cool the way the top piece isn't symmetrical where it hangs down. Good item.

10W, those sight covers are great. That'll protect them for sure.

You pards are working overtime with the ideas, these days. :D

Gun Butcher

Thanks Marshall W, I thought about that for awhile and decided I liked the look of the tails of a hide I had.  The conchos are off an old saddle that I tried to bring back to life many many moons ago. Still had them in my old tool box . Never know when you might use something ;)  GB

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards

Gun Butcher, now that's what I'm talking about, they look great. And thanks Marshal Will for kind words.

I'm glad you Pards like my Sharps and the fringie do dads, I think they will work out ok, I put some small holes in them to provide some air so they wouldn't sweat or get any humitity build up, that can be hard on sites.

outrider

Ten Wolvws...wow  nice looking rifle you got there...welcome to the long range buff snipers association.  I am assuming you got it in 45-70
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Back at ya Outrider

Thanks I'm glad you like my Rifle , and yes it's in 45/70 I defnitely didn't need anything biger than that, and I will be looking forward to going to the range and spending hour after hour making that special recipe don't ya know.. ::) ??? :o 8)

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: outrider on August 23, 2008, 05:44:49 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys

Horsepen...that really happened.  I delivered the sheath today and the guy actually asked for the wooden knife back. :D :D :D
He was very pleased with the outcome but made me chuckle about wanting the wooden knife back.  When he did this his wife just shook her head back and forth.  hehehe

Should a handed the knife ta her............ ::)  ;D  Then again......................maybe not. :-\

Gun Buther, that ain't a bad lookin' pair a botas..........I had the same thing in mind to do with my old leggings and they weren't enough left of 'em. I made to many pairs a moccasins out of 'em I guess.   I'm gonna have to start from scratch when I can......Mighty fine job there.

Cheers,

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Gun Butcher

Horsepen, I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I have a copy of Hansons Mountain man Sketch Books and that leaves a lot to the imagination when it comes to a pattern. And the leggings were one of those things that you havn't seen in 10 years then you start looking for something else and you find a treasure troveof items you had forgotten.   GB

HorsePen Henry

Quote from: Gun Butcher on August 25, 2008, 06:26:43 AM
Horsepen, I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I have a copy of Hansons Mountain man Sketch Books and that leaves a lot to the imagination when it comes to a pattern. And the leggings were one of those things that you havn't seen in 10 years then you start looking for something else and you find a treasure troveof items you had forgotten.   GB

I know what ya mean.....I have done that too. Things I used to never care for much are now something I darn sure need ta have. ;D

TW....while we're on the subject of Sharps rifles.....which maker is yours?? I may have missed that if ya said. Fine lookin' tool.

X Horse Pen
-Will Rogers-

-Horse Pen-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Forty Rod

Awright, I know I saw it on here, the post by Will Wingam with all the links .  Where'd it go?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Forty Rod

Is this what your looking for

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,13207.0.html

Marshal Will Wingam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com