Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, Don. I like the way you cut the design into the top grain. The color works well with the rough grain. It looks like a good bag. Your friend should be tickled with that. 8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

outrider

Howdy Pards,

In the past few months a few of the local CAS clubs have been toying with the idea of having a "Wild Bunch" side match at the monthly shoots.  If any of you are not familiar with the movie "The Wild Bunch" the time setting was a little past the trun of the 20th  century, and 1911 45 automatics and Browning machine guns were used along with 97 Winchester shotguns.  Last month they did a side match and seeing 45 automatics hanging out of holsters made for revolvers was kind of weird looking and IMHO was not the safest thing to do.  So....here is my rendition of a Wild Bunch 45 holster, which is cut for the gun.  Mind you this is the first prototype and most probably go through some changesl
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

:o Outrider, No matter what you make it is allways AWESOME :o :)
I wished you hadn't shown that, know I want to make me one for my 45's!!! That holster is Beatifull, your lines are allways on the money you allways put the little extra effort and extras look to  top a holster off, that is just sweet!!!
I do thank you for sharing, just wished you would of waited a couple months :) ;D I got to many Irons in the fire right know! But I did down load the Pic ;D

Don101, Very nice looking hunting bag, very well designed and styled, I hate to ask this, but does that have a Rose color to it?
I have a project coming up later on this fall and that color might combo with what I am doing, what did you use for dye if you don't mind me asking? It is totaly okay if you perfer not to tell, i will understand!

Keep it coming guys!!!! That is what keeps the jueices flowing for me!!
Thanks
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Don101

How about this it is a PC Holster Made by myself, originaly made by Frazier, model number 9 as by there catalog, Don

Don101

Ace its fibings dark brown and mixed with saddle oil, just a tea spoon and dilute till you get the color required, Don

outrider

Ace, thanks for the compliments....

Don 101...I have studied that design (Page 139 Packin Iron) for some time.  Although I like the basic design what I don't care for is the very deep recurve by the trigger.  I have seen several accidental discharges from automatics because of that feature on holsters.  Other than the deep recurve that is a very nice design.  Of course the one pictured in Packin Iron has a little too much silver on it...makes it look "gawdy"  MHO

The hunting bag is absolutely beautiful...Several weeks ago I had a client inquire about a hunting bag that was very similar to yours.  Anyway  very well done

Ace,  Fiebings also has a cherry colored stain that you mix with the oil  I think we discussed the stains several months ago...under leather finishes.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

santee

Nice holsters, folks. I might steal that idea to make one for my brother...hmmmmm....
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a good-looking holster, Outriider. I like the concho on it. Nice work.

Nice Frazier holster, Don. I like that one much better than the one in Packing Iron. The simple, clean lines work nicely.

Good holsters, pards. Here's what I've been using but it doesn't have a skirt and isn't very PC. I've been toying with a Wild bunch rig and it will certainly be much like the Frazier.

cowboywc

Howdy Don
Very cool. Like the design.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;) :D A job well done to all, nice work pards. :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Ten Wolves expressed my sentiments perfectly.

Beautiful work fellas. There is an incredible amount of talent here.

Many thanks to everyone for sharing their work and expertise.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

outrider

arshall

I like that design...especially the open toe.  the holster has nice flowing lines.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

HorsePen Henry

You boys have really been busy....I've pretty much had my nose in the books lately. I have been doin' some slim jim work though.

Don 101, I really like that hunting bag. Real nice. Those sawed off holsters are nice work as well. Yep, the concho is a nice touch.  Thanks for the pictures fellas. Very inspiring work.

Hats off,

X Horse Pen   
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Outrider. I made that one in a hurry when I needed a holster. I will probably make a Frazier No 9 like Don posted for the next one.

Ace Lungger

Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Ace Lungger

:)Howdy Pards,
Well I finely got my friend rig made! it give me fits, but i got it done, I sure hope the old saying That You Learn By Yours Mistakes is true!! :( Because I sure made a lot on this one, bit it is out of here! And my bud was very please, he is now talking about getting another pistol :o :o I might get this club up and going again if i can hold out that long!!
Thanks for looking
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Dalton Masterson

Dang Ace!! Looks good!! You even did a nice lining on the belt. Spots too!!
Keep it up pard! I think you are learning from your mistakes just fine. Great job.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Black Powder

I started lookin' into CAS and re-enacting at least 10 years ago.  I bookmarked so many vendors' sites, especially leather makers, because I wanted to find the best lookin' holsters.  Sure am glad I got all that web surfin' outa the way, cuz I gotta tell ya, folks, the best lookin' holsters and leather work I've seen has been right here!  Great stuff.  I sure enjoy lookin'.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Johnny Dingus

Ace,

Looks great!!  On the belt I think if n it were me I would round the corners just a smidgen.

The holster is backwards though in less you are left handed.

Doing great Ace.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Ace  :D ::) :o 8) ;D

Will you got it done, and it looks fine I think you did a nice job on this rig, I also like the grain in the leather on the belt, it looks like a pebble grain, it stands out nice , and your use of spots looks good too, Ace every rig you've made has been better than the one before , so you are deffenitly making progress in your leather work, and I think you're having fun doing it, because it shows in your work. One thing like Johnny D. pointed out, you need to round and burnish the edges on the belt , they look a little square or flat, unless it's just the camera angle.

Talk to you later Pard

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com