Leathersmiths.....show us yer stuff, (#1) THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Started by Capt. Jack McQuesten, April 07, 2004, 01:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don101

i have a set of original 1903 saddle bags and also the ordanance plan drawings for the 1884 bags, the plates were from mast harness a few years back i dont know if weaver now do them when they took over, the plates are neary the correct size they are roughly one mm larger i think thats about 1/16 of an inch, the buckles are hand made as the correct one arn avaliable to buy,
here are the plans if you guys are interested, Don

Dalton Masterson

Wow, those are some nice plans! Thanks a bunch!!

Heres my latest pocket pistol holster for a fellow cowboy. He is a preacher and wanted it antiqued like my Merwin holster, so...... :)
It is the same pattern as my Merwin, but fits my Hopkins and his Smith just fine. DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ace Lungger

Hey Dm,
Awesome, design work on the holster, I realy like the cross toolings and the rays comeing from it!
i have to get a spark going here soon! I have a couple rigs to finish up, and then I don't know what i am going to do! I think I am going to play with doing some carving :o :o ::) ::) The only way i am going to learn is to do it! It is so hard to concentrate with Work Comp messing with my mind and my money!
But as you know I have a couple other projects to start on next weekend!
Nice Job
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

kid sheleen

Here's a Mexican double loop rig in full basketweave I made for my son who's just getting into CAS.
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents

Don 101 , nice saddle bags pard, great color and they really look period.

Dalton your Preacher is going to be real happy to have and wear this holster , nice design and carving , you're getting better with every holster you make, and I like the color an antique look it has.

Kid Sheleen, that's a nice looking rig pard , your son should be real happy, the picture wouldn't enlarge for me , but it looks real nice from what I can see.

Nice work all around Guys

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

outrider

Ten Wolves...thoase bags are period  those plates are out of the Ornance Manual...you can get a copy of that manual from David Carrico.  I think it's the 1885 Ordnance manual.  I have a set of those bags with my 1904 pattern McClellan Saddle.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

:D :D ;D Thanks for the information Outrider, much appreciated  ;) ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ace Lungger

KS :o AWESOME rig, sure would like to see abigger picture, woiuld like to see the border you used!
Great Job! Thanks For Sharing!!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

kid sheleen

Thanks for the comments guys!  Ace, heres another picture of the left side holster.  m y camera isnt very good. I just used a standard veiner for the border.
kid
www.circlemleather.com

kid sheleen

And heres my rig!  I am a VERY BIG man.  This gunbelt is 68" at the center hole with 36 .45 colt loops.  It did'nt look right with only 24!  It weighs almost as much as my wife.  I cut it out of the top of a 22.5 square ft 8 to 9 oz side from shoulder to bend and lined it with the top of a 21.5 square ft 4 to 5 oz side.  Took me ten hours to hand sew it.  Thats why I did'nt put spots on the belt.  I'd have had to take out a loan to pay for that many. There are 45 spots on each holster and I also have a cross draw holster to match.  I thought about putting some silver conchos on it but that would cover the hand tooling that took me 2 days to complete.  If I ever have to make another one I may shoot myself in the foot!!
kid
www.circlemleather.com

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

HorsePen Henry

Ain't we a busy bunch!!!

Don 101, thanks for the pattern. I was going to ask ya where ya got it but eveytime I got on the computer someone needed something. Real nice work on those bags.

Dalton, another real nice aged up holster job. I like the design, too.

My old tired eyes can't see the other holsters on here or maybe it's the computer I have. I am sure they are great work too. You fellas keep up the good work and keep the good ideas coming. ;D

X Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Ace Lungger

:)HP,
I am having the same problem, I wish the new guy to max size his pic's they look AWESOME, but I would like a better look!
But everything is AWESOME compared to my work, but I am not going to quit, I am going to learn how to make nice holsters or die trying :o

Later
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny Dingus

Hey Fella's

Been busy remaking the too Long holster to a shorter one.  It came out pretty good but I guess you always can find a few things wrong with your own work.

(edit:  I made a complete new one only shorter.  edited Johnny Dingus 1:23 p.m.)

Next is my first holster belt it is a generic one so I can just build more holsters and change them out on this belt.  Going to do a brown one too.

Then here is the first holsters going on it they are my own version of Dodge City Holsters with a drop and made without anyones patterns.  I did this from pics.

Well the wife and I are going to breakfast so will check back in later.  Hope you guys like these.

vince
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Marshal Will Wingam

That shortened holster came out fine, Johnny. I can't see any flaws in the job. Looks like it was made that way. The belt is similar to the design I prefer for mine. It's much cleaner looking that the ranger style. Good work. The other holster is a good one, too. I like to see patterns that are slightly different and that's what you get when you make your own. You end up with a distinctive holster that is original yet representative of the style. Well done.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

JD,  :o Awesome work Pard, Real nice clean looking leather! Keep it up, hope we get this get toghter thing put toghter!

Keep up the Great work
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny Dingus

Thanks Marshal...That holster is a complete remade same only shorter.  I am going to give the longer one away to my brother in law for a Christmas present.  He has a colt python 6 " barrel so it should fit it.

Ace,  Thanks.  Yes the get together sounds great.  Hope it comes off as nice as it sounds it will.

vince

Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;) ;D Nice work Johnny Dingus

good job on all , I like your Dodge City variation , with the longer drop, this is really helpful for the pards carrying longer barreled sixguns, or pards with long arms, your rendition of the DC is very good, you kept the tooling simple, which gives it a nice clean look.

Johnny Dingus

Thanks TW at 6' 1"  I need the pistol a little further down.

Here it is after I stiched around the star rivets.

Eventualy I would like to shoot gunfighter and maybe gunfighter with black powder.  These are cut down a little in front of the hammer and rolled to facilitate re holstering.

vince

Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

santee

Nice job! Is that a vinegaroon dye job or store bought?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com