taking arguements for remmys and colts

Started by swordboy, October 15, 2008, 02:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel_Eyes

Damnation!! take one day off from this forum and you don't half have some catching up to do!!

Fingers, I did read your post, but I thought I would mess with your head anyway! As regards buying ball from a shop, they cost around $10- $12 per 100 and a mold is only $36- $40 so you do the math. ( I consider casting and reloading as part and parcel of the sport anyway so it's no big deal for me.)

Alabama, you get over here if you can, but, I don't think you would like our prices, it ain't only the politicians who buttf*** us. Some of our dealers have some real nasty habits (they all seem to want maximum profit, even if it means you don't go back a second time.)
As for accuracy, I have been told that I can try to hard, but this is mainly by the runners-up! (Hee Hee)

Regards, UKshooter.
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Alabama

UKShooter,
that is why you should be hoarding guns and ammo anyway .
That little pollitician and thieving Merchant problem is self correcting eventually when you guys have had your stomach full of hypocracy .  ;D
We overthrew your government way back when they hosed us for 7% taxes here in the Colonies , and now were paying 70% with our own government ????
I think its inevitable , that time is comming soon again . Only this time its our liberals were gunnin for .
Like Ted Nugent the Rock Star and consevationist says , " if the Democrats actually get into office this time there will be lots of qualified targets around for us " ..............Wise man there .

You may use Remingtons or Colts  ;D As per the threade  ;D

Alabama ,
this is not a pollitcal announcemnt

Fingers McGee

Hey UK - my head is messed up enough without you helping  :o ;D ;).  If you're paying $10-12 per hundred, I can see where casting your own would be appealing.  I just dont have any desire to add casting to my already loaded schedule.  Retirement has got me busier than I ever was when I worked.  So many matches - so little time.  And, I'm only paying $8.00 per hunderd when I order 1000.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

swordboy

the play'n Field just got lil' more level in favor of old SAM COLT'S design cause I found this http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=66&cat=Pietta+1851+Navy ..... so I can't buy extra wedges and not worry about losen them ..... looks like I'm flippen a quarter on pay day

that better Alabama
the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

Alabama

Hey Swordboy ,
you better put old Samuel Colts name in Capital Letters when you do buy one , for now on   ;)
He deserves that much from you  ;D
But remember your words, " I am worried about breaking it with the way the Colts barrel comes off , ( design )  etc , etc, etc, Blahh blahh blahh  "  ;) The uninformed said  ;D
Naw you don't want a Colt , your really starting to worry me about my buying potential , especialy if you actually buy one , because I know what happens once somebody buys a Colt .  ;D

Alabama  ;)

swordboy

;D ;D ;D ;D  check above Alabama  ;D ;D ;D ;D
the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

swordboy

if some one can tell me where to get a birds head handle I'll take my flippin quarter and throw it in the pot for up-grade parts  ;D for a colt  ;D

Major 2

SEE VTI... they have them...in fact there are a few 1860's and 51's photos with Birds head grips on the is BB
when planets align...do the deal !

Alabama

Swordboy  ;D
That's better, I like the green Fonts you used .
You do realize you used a LINK for your messege that was from the same place to buy your birdshead grip frame ????
Pay attention now   ;) . Is this ADD , AADD , ADHD , or AAADHD or is there a need for you to attend just the AA part of this description of yourself by me  :o

Alabama

swordboy

I don't have ad....... oh look a bunny ....... ;D

no really I tryed the search and couldn't find them .... think the site is either under comstruction or just poorly mapped out

Major 2

UB:980011/ass Uberti Grip Assembly - .38sp Lightening   US$165.00
when planets align...do the deal !

swordboy

I'm thinking of putting together a presentation case for a colt with different sized barrels ,assorted grips ,cylinders and a converter ,may be a carbine assembly ........ but it all depends on how versatile the colt frame is .... and how well it accepts the different parts .....  ;D oohh look the bunny is back :o

Alabama

The Colt frame is 100 times more versatile as the Remington , because the Remington can't be changed much except barrel length , and that is substantail work there .
But like I said before , you don't want a Colt, right  ;D
Repeat after me " I DON'T WANT A COLT " .......... :o
Say that three times and your in OZ , but remember to grab your bunny first to have a friend along , okeedokeeeee .  ;D
What was I saying ? What bunny ?

Alabama

swordboy

'bama ..... thought you would be thrilled to bring a convert from remmies over to the dark side ;D ..... question is the .36 frame the same size as the .44 or smaller

Fingers McGee

Quote from: swordboy on October 20, 2008, 08:39:12 PM
'bama ..... thought you would be thrilled to bring a convert from remmies over to the dark side ;D ..... question is the .36 frame the same size as the .44 or smaller

The '51 Navy and '60 Army frames are the same size.  The Army is just cut for the rebated cylinder.  The 49 Pocket model frames and '62 Police and Navy frames are the same size.  The '62s are cut for the .36 cal rebated cylinders.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

swordboy

okay ... let me re-frase my question ..... can I stick a .36 barrel and cylinender in a .44 frame and have it shoot .36 with out it breaking the gun or having other adverse effects

Rusty Spurless

Maybe...

So long as you keep it by manufacture & frame size it should work.

You wont be able to slide the barrel & cylinder from a 1851 onto an 1860.

Without grabbing my pistols & trying the only way that would work is with the Pietta 1851. They do make the 51 in 44cal as well (not historically accurate). I dont see any reason why you wouldnt be able to swap the 36cal for 44cal barrels in the example... I also dont see why you would want to but that is a differant story  ;)
Rusty Spurless

Dark Lord of Soot
Warthog
SASS #63360
NCOWS #3096
USFA CSS
STORM

swordboy

I dreamed this up the other night ....... a big felt lined box with differant parts for a colt frame so I can change it out all differant ways ..... like start with a pair of '51 navy in .44 and have differant handles barrels cylenders cartridge converters ejecter assemblies carbine assemblies and long barrels .... kind of a one stop gun mart  8) in a box ..... swaping down to .36 would just be for fun

Alabama

Swordboy ,
More power to ya if you get a Colt , or Remington , I actually don't care either way as long as you get something, post some pics , etc , etc . Darn bunny, get out of my coffee .
Just remember that any comments about me not wanting you to go the Colt way has stricktly to do with me and supply and demand . Remember it's all about me anyway  ;D
You didn't capitalize Remington either  :-\
Oh and don't forget to buy a nice Loading tool too from Dixie Gun Works for your massive Gun Case project your spending the $1,000 on now . I did the math , you got allot of parts going on now and then there is the case cost too , plus labor , plus wood . Darn bunny leave my wood alone .
Sounds like a neat project though , I hope you do it ( with a Remington or Rooger ) and it comes out nice and I get to see some pics .

Sincerely, Alabama

swordboy

the box I'll make ..... and aquire the parts over time (don't worry Uberti can keep up ;D) ..... ohh look a squirrel ;D ..... this will be a work in progress for a year or more

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com