First attempt-comments?

Started by Angel_Eyes, October 14, 2008, 05:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel_Eyes

This is my first attempt at a holster for my Walker.
Comments invited, be gentle with me!
UKshooter

PS    Sorry, cant seem to get the photo up, any tips?

PPS-Tried that- tried to attach from photobucket-still wont go.
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

outrider

UK,

Go to the FAQ thread.  It explains how to get a photo up onto the thread
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Angel_Eyes

Here we go again, lets see if this works

http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/dbsmedley/

It's a crude way of doing it but it works, and it enlarges when clicked.

Ok leathersmith's lets be knowing what you think of my first effort!

UKshooter

(The belts not mine-Price Western I'm afraid!)
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)

Gun Butcher

Not bad UK, not bad at all. I like your material and the lines of the holster are great. My first one looked as if I was suffering from the DT's. Yours are nice and smooth.

Well you are in for it now! Its real hard to get away from this leatherworking once it has a hold of you. Keep it up and every new piece will look even better, but don't forget to enjoy the ride.      GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks good, UKs. Your work is fine. You'll see things you would do differently and your next one will not only be with the experience but will include your improvements. You're hooked, now. Welcome to the work. ;)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dalton Masterson

Not bad for the first time UK!!! Marshal is right. You will see things that you will want to change and do different, and you will only get better from here! Welcome to the club! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy UK

Welcome to the leather forum pard, I think you did well on your first rig, in fact I like it, it has a nice clean look to it, with just enough accent to set it off nicely, and your leather also has a nice color to it, just like some of the boys have said you will see things that you might want to change on your next holster or belt, but thats the way it always is I don't think any of us are totally satisfied with everything we do , but this is what keeps us striving to do better. You did good pard.  ::) :o 8)

I look forward to seeing your next project  :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Like they mentioned, keep up the good work!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

:)UK Shooter, I like it, i wished you would of put 2 X lacing instead of 1 1/2, but other than that is looks real good!
I should not be giving out advice for I a just learning my self!
Keep up the good work!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Angel_Eyes

Many thanks to all of you for your encouraging comments and advice. I will endeavor to succeed!
I'm half way through a "Hollywood" rig at the moment, and as you say, it's a bit addictive once you start.

Sore fingers, UKshooter

Johnny McCrae

Howdy UK.

Great job on your first attempt. I agree with you that this is addictive. There is also a lot of personal satisfaction in making one's own gear. Look forward to seeing your next project
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

UK, you're way up on me, as I've not yet made a holster. It's the reason I started working in leather, but so far I'm still practicing stamping, carving, and working on a couple of simipler things.

That's a very interesting look for a holster. My knowledge of holster styles is quite limited, but I am familiar with the Walker Colt. I think you did a great job. The stitching really looks impressive, something I'm finding very challenging.

Thanks for sharing the pic, JD   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com