I havn't been totaly a sleep!

Started by Ace Lungger, October 12, 2008, 01:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Lungger

:) Howdy Pards,
i thought I would post a little holster that I made for a guy on a trade! I had gotten a blown up early piette 1860 Army cab and ball pistol that the guy that bought it new  20 years ago, on his 31 short it mad a banana out of the wedge! When I got it, it was plain to see that the frame was craked right where they drilled and threaded for the arbor! So I put out the word looking for a 1860 frame, and this real nice Pard, got with me and said he had a nive parts gun, so we did some talking and i mentioned that he would like to have a holster for his Iver Johson DA pistol, so I told him that i just happen to have one and I could make a pattern and fit and everything, and he agree to that trade, I personaly didn' think that was enough, so I ask him if he had a bowie knif and he said as a matter of fact I do, so I ask him if he has a western style sheath for it and he said no, so i told him I would make that for him also and I would feel better about the trade, he sad that I didn't have to do that, But I felt I did> So here is the little projects I have been working on! The second pic is of a show type knife for the purpose of just wearing it with your comboy gear, i am going to post this one and see if it ells on the wire, and if It does i will make  more>
Thanks For looking ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Springfield Slim

I seems to me the quality of your stamping has much improved, everything is nice and even. The pocket pistol holster looks nice. I personally don't like the square bottom look, tend to round it out, but that is just my opinion. What is the big orange leather thing on the hilt of the knife? Is that part of the knife or sheath?
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice trade, Ace. Your border designs are getting a nice personal feel to them, now. You are developing your own style already. Cool stuff. My compliments on your ethics, too. Hope those other ones sell for you. It looks like it should.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ace Lungger

S.s., if you are talking about the top picture that is a knife i stuck in there and has a piece of brass. i thought maybe people would but the knifes and sheaths to put on there rig, so I had a friend of mine cut those blanks out and then i just smooth them and polish them. But when I am out garage selling, if I come apon a bowie style knife made out of decent metal, i will try and buy it to make some real knifes. My biggest problem, is now that I can walk in the timbers anymore, i don't find sheds, and the part that falls off is the best part of the antlet! I have been trying to buy some 3/8" thick brass to make end caps. there are some places that sell stuff for building knife, but if you go putting $25,00 into the knife and have to sell it for $45.00, I would rather be moulding bullets.
Later, and thank you for the kind words, My problem in the past was getting in to big of hurry, and not lining things up!
ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Clement2

I hope you will solve your problem. Just concern.

Skeeter Lewis

The pards are right. Big, big improvement.

santee

Good job, Ace. How's the sewing machine working out?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ace Lungger

Santee,
I think I have lost my mind! I went and bought a Singer 17-23 machine that has the orginal table, cluth drive motor and it runs Like a dream, i havn't order any needles to see how it sews, but the other day, I came acrossed what I realy wanted, and that was a Singer 29-4, looks just like RT's. But I didn't get a treadle strand, at the same time I also got a German machine that is allmost a sister to the 29-4, and it is smoother than the 29-4! So I plan on getting it cleaned up and runing and sell it, and as soon as I have the 29-4 set up I am going to sell the17-23. I seen a 17-23 machine only, sell for $179.00, I am hopeing to find someone close to my my comeplete 17-23 for $175.00.
But at this time, I don't have any of them sewing ??? ::) ??? ::)
Later ACE
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Johnny McCrae

Very nice!

Your lookin' good Ace! It is always a genuine pleasure to look at your work. Please keep em' coming.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com