Two Tine Buckle

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 12, 2008, 12:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, pards. I need to find a retail supplier for a particular type of buckle. It has two tines. Note: it is not a two-timing buckle I'm looking for. ;D The size is 1 5/8" although I've seen several sizes. They're solid brass. I have seen them listed somewhere but now that I want a few I can't find them. Here's a pic. If anyone has seen these listed anywhere, please let me know. If it only has one tine, I can always make another tine out of brazing rod so that isn't a major issue. Thanks, pards.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

ChuckBurrows

Try - http://www.eleatherworks.com/home.php - they have double tongue roller buckles and may have others.....
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

HorsePen Henry

Thanks for the site Chuck.
Ya Ol' Coon,  :D
Horse Pen
The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
-Will Rogers-

The price of FREEDOM is in blood and money and time. Mostly in blood. It aint free.
Belly up to the bar and quit yer bitchin'. Be grateful to those who have paid the ultimate price.
-Horse Pen-

"Never squat with yer spurs on and never high five a baby after waffles."
-author unknown, but it coulda been Will Rogers-

NCOWS#3091
STORM #300

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a great site, Chuck. I've bookmarked it for future reference. They don't have what I'm looking for but I'll remember them for future needs. Thanks for the link, pard.

Springfield Slim

Ya know, having a two tine buckle where the tines are NOT connected makes it more of a PIA to buckle your belt.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Johnny Dingus

Marshall

Try this site       https://www.siegelofca.com/view_cat_product.asp?id=2&curpage=2   buckle 4430.

Hope this works for you.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

swordboy

did you try tandy leather
the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the link, Johnny. Although that's a double tine buckle, it still isn't the same one. If they're available, I'll find 'em.

Swordboy, Yeah, I tried Tandy. They don't have it either. Good suggestion, though.

I guess it's possible that this buckle isn't available any more.

outrider

Marshal,

Try www.blockaderunner.com page 22 under belt buckles.  They have a Confederate two tine buckle listed there, however it a a double bar buckle as opposed the the single bar that you show.  At least it is close to what you are looking for
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

Wow, another great link, Outrider. I never knew there were so many Civil War buckle variations. I'm making a new belt that will need one of those so I've bookmarked that site for future reference. Thanks for the link. I still need the one I showed in the picture because I am replicating a belt from the 1920's era and need that particular buckle. I have an old, used one from the '70's (pictured) but stilll need a new one for this belt.

With all these great links you pards are finding, let's put in all the lnks we can find for buckles and this thread can go into our FAQ thread for future reference.

Here's the Tandy link: http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/Buckles.asp

outrider

Marshal,

That site is one that our good friend Will Ghormley gave to me.  That is the supplier for the buckle on the "Fair Weather Christian Belt for the Frank James rig.  I believe it is the 1851 Officers buckle
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

kid sheleen

Hi Marshal!

Leffler saddlery carries a buckle with one tongue in brass called a half swell buckle.  You can get them here: www.leffler.com.au

Or you can try here:http://www.leathersmithdesigns.com/belt-strap-buckles.htm

Or if you want these guys will make you one and you need to check out the site anyway because it's really neat.
www.hanoverbrass.com

:)
kid
www.circlemleather.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Darn, that's close, Kid. They only have 1 1/2" but the buckle is close enough to what I want to look right. I have an option, at least. I'll send Lefler an email and see if they have larger ones. Thanks for the links.

swordboy

the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Swordboy. I have ordered one from S & D Trading Co that's not a double tine but it's close enough to the original to do the trick. It arrived yesterday and I'll be giving that a try. All I have to do is take the tine off and put two matching ones on it.

Ned Buckshot

Howdy Marshall!

If you can't find what you're looking for try civilwarbuckles.com. They custom made the buckle for my Pale Rider rig becase I couldn't find a 2 inch clip corner anywhere. Not cheap but when you need it you need it! ::)

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Ned. I found a buckle that will work altough it isn't exactly right. I'll just use that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com