Sometimes they just come out right!

Started by Springfield Slim, October 06, 2008, 12:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Springfield Slim

Sorry, but this one just looked right and I am too proud of it not to post.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Marshal Tac

Wow Slim, I agree, that is to purty not to post! I like the laced edge and the contrasting colors. Boy would that make a beautiful rig.
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Marshal Will Wingam

Marshal Tac beat me to it. I agree about the laced edge and contrasting colors. Not just two but all three colors match up nicely. Nice job, Slim. The lacing is nice and even. Good work. Are you going to be bringing it to the next match? If so, I'd like to see it in person. Thanks for sharing it with us.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Springfield Slim

Sorry, Marshal, I gotta mail it off to someone. I made his dad a pancake holster, my one and only so far, and his son liked it so well he asked me to do this holster for him. He doesn't even shoot cowboy, this is going to be his truck holster! Maybe I'll do me a B-western rig someday and lace the heck out of it. Not TOO hard once ya get the hang of it. I must be reading something into the instructions, though, 'cause I seem to loose a stitch right at the start. So I kinda double stitched at the beginning and it seemed to work out right.

Dalton Masterson

Very nice work SS!! I agree with the others, that contrast is a nice look.
BTW, I cant lace a lick. I have one of those wallet kits in my drawer to take on trips. Its a tangled mess. One of these days I might get the hang of it.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Springfield Slim on October 06, 2008, 07:53:44 PMSorry, Marshal, I gotta mail it off to someone.
OK, then I'll wait to see the next one you make.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy SS
That is a good lookin holster. Nice job.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ace Lungger

:)SS, That a mighty fine looking holster you got there! I been wanting to make a Holywood Rig, with lots of bling, but since I can't stand long enough to shoot a match, If I am going to invest the money in a rig that I can't use I would want to sell it and most people can't wear my size! So I havn't been doing much got a holster and knife sheath to finish and that is it for now!
Very Nice looking Holster!
Thanks For sharing
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Springfield Slim

I've only laced a couple of holsters. I hadn't planned on doing any but a friend of mine wanted one, so I bought one of those tandy wallet kits for practice. First thing I did  was pitch the plastic lace and bought leather lace. And I found the 1/8th inch worked better than the 3/32 lace that I used on the wallet kit as the holster was thicker.  The thinner lace looked terrible on a practic piece I did. The most difficult part with lace is keeping it even. That and not pulling too hard and snapping off the lace and having to splice in a new piece.

swordboy

the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com