Appaloosa

Started by O.T. Buchannan, October 06, 2008, 09:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Old Doc on October 13, 2009, 10:18:20 AM
Vince Vaughan?

Yep....Vince Vaughan......and.....Gerald McCraney and the Other guy that was on Simon and Simon...can't remember his name but he is the spokesperson for Beretta.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Marshal Deadwood

Bill P...do you mean duvall and vaughn are pro gun or left loonies ? I am unclear here...

Thanks , Bill.

MD

Marshal Deadwood

Ok,,,I understand it now bill,,thanks.

Mike

Mogorilla

Pretty sure David Zucker of Airplane fame is a NMLRA memeber.   I do resepct all of their rights to their opinions and if need be will defend their right to the death.   Just ask the same.

Books OToole

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on October 13, 2009, 10:30:45 AM
Yep....Vince Vaughan......and.....Gerald MacCraney and the Other guy that was on Simon and Simon...can't remember his name but he is the spokesperson for Beretta.

Bill

Parker Jameson (I think).

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Marshal Deadwood on October 13, 2009, 10:49:03 AM
Bill P...do you mean duvall and vaughn are pro gun or left loonies ? I am unclear here...

Thanks , Bill.

MD

Yes....pro gun, Vince Vaughan got a lot of shit from the left for supporting president Bush.

Books.....you almost had it.....Jamison Parker. Gerald McCraney introduced him to hunting at a later age.

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Books OToole on October 13, 2009, 12:37:16 PM
Parker Jameson (I think).

Books

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on October 13, 2009, 12:54:48 PM
Yes....pro gun, Vince Vaughan got a lot of shit from the left for supporting president Bush.

Books.....you almost had it.....Jamison Parker. Gerald McCraney introduced him to hunting at a later age.

Bill

Yeah, that's it.  It's ironic cause in Simon and Simon they solved all there crimes without guns.  If I remember they only carried in one episode because they absolutly had to.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

AJ Simon was protrayed by Jameson Parker.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ottawa Creek Bill

Vince Vaughan was in a real lousy western titled "East of Heaven West of Hell"? Produced and Directed (and starred) Dwight Yokum. Hopefully if he does another...it will be a better produced product. Vince Vaughan has been a western fanatic since his early age.

It has been shown on the Western channel several times this year and I have yet to be able sit through the whole thing, its so bad. The only saving grace about this movie is the costuming, firearms and movie sets are spot on as far as authentic.......except for the trade mark Dwight Yokum hat. If you've ever seen any of his videos its the same one he uses in them.

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Texas Lawdog

That two story house used in the Dwight Yoakum movie is the same one used in "McClintock".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Dutch Limbach

This is what this thread needs:

"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Marshal Deadwood

I liked 'South of Heaven, West of Hell' ,,super story.

No matter how hysterically correct dem 'hats' pretend to be, Bill,,if the story sucks,,,it jest sucks all over.

All 'hat' and no cow makes a piss poor movie. What is it with this 'hat' obession folks have anyways ?

MD

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Marshal Deadwood on October 13, 2009, 01:29:50 PM
I liked 'South of Heaven, West of Hell' ,,super story.

No matter how hysterically correct dem 'hats' pretend to be, Bill,,if the story sucks,,,it jest sucks all over.

All 'hat' and no cow makes a piss poor movie. What is it with this 'hat' obession folks have anyways ?

MD

Mike....it's not an obsession....if you get 99% of your outfit correct.....why not go the extra 1% and do it right? It is not that hard.

Here in NCOWS we strive to do it as right as we can. Do all of us get it right? For the most part...yes, that's why we have the other shooting venues for those that don't want to go the extra mile.

Remember how fanatical Captain John used to be? That is the same level I am trying to strive to get in our organization.

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Books OToole

Quote from: Leo Tanner on October 13, 2009, 12:57:08 PM
Yeah, that's it.  It's ironic cause in Simon and Simon they solved all there crimes without guns.  If I remember they only carried in one episode because they absolutly had to.

They used/carried them more often than you realize.  Firearms just weren't a major part of the production. (The series is available on CD.  I watched season one.  It is still surprisingly good.)

The first episode on seasson two they are transporting an old classic car up the coast.  They have a "golf bag" in the back.  When they are shot at;  out of the bag comes an AR-180 (I think) and a riot gun.  Pretty cool.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Leo Tanner

I haven't seen that show since it was originaly aired.  I do remember it beat most of the other stuff that was on at the time.  I did like Magnum PI and he didn't use guns much either.  It made it more powerful when he shot that Ivan guy for killing his friend.  It was a two part episode and probaly some of the best early 80's TV writing.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Ottawa Creek Bill

Leo....that is my favorite of the Magnum series too! If I remember right, Magnum and his friend were prisoners in Vietnam and Ivan shot his friend in the femoral artery while he was chained, and he bled to death......Some twenty plus years later Magnum was able to avenge his death...unknowing to Ivan. Ah...revenge is sweet.

Bill
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on October 13, 2009, 02:36:18 PM
Leo....that is my favorite of the Magnum series too! If I remember right, Magnum and his friend were prisoners in Vietnam and Ivan shot his friend in the femoral artery while he was chained, and he bled to death......Some twenty plus years later Magnum was able to avenge his death...unknowing to Ivan. Ah...revenge is sweet.

Bill

Ivan was also reponsible for blowing up the car when the original Mack went to go pull it around for Magnum and his date.  That morning Mack had asked "did you see the sun rise this morning?"  And that's what Magnum said to Ivan just before he plugged him.  The question made him turn around so he could see it coming.  I remember that all these years later.  I'll have to see if I can some of those episodes.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

Leo, They have just about every season of Magnum out on DVD. They had Magnum and Simon and Simon on the Slueth channel for a while.  Simon and Simon is out on DVD also.

Leo Tanner

Tom Selleck was picked to be Indiana Jones.  His Magnum contract said that he had to turn it down.  I think he would have been great in the Raiders movies but they went with plan B, Harrison Ford.  After the show was supposed to have ended they did one more season in which every episode was him spoofing all the movies he had been offered and had to turn down. 

Roland Deschain

Stillwater

Quote from: Dutch Limbach on October 12, 2009, 11:41:39 AM
<deleted>

And take pride in the fact that the top Western movie of this decade is Brokeback Mountain.
http://movies.toptenreviews.com/list_western_2000s.htm

They changed the name of the movie... It is no longer "Broke Back Mountain." It is now called "Broke Butt Mountain."

Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com