Appaloosa

Started by O.T. Buchannan, October 06, 2008, 09:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Deadwood

Would be excellent I think , as Will pointed out..to 'discuss' the 'others'...I know there must be a bunch I'm not aware of that are anti'gunners,,,way left loonies and such. We could shed lite on these folks here...
...forewarned is forearmed,,so to speak,,,,and the knowledge of whom/who (? failed grammer) that stands against us ,,,,,is not a bad thing.

Heck,,,somtimes I hunt up contacts,,,if I can find one (lot's o' these hollywood types have 'fan clubs' so ,,email THEM) and send'em a 'chastizment'...:).....I know it probably will fall on deaf ears and wont change their mind,,,but it relieves a bundle of stress off my  soul.

Besides,,it's a fun hobby for a caustic ol' man...entertain' one might say  :)

MD

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Dutch Limbach on October 08, 2009, 01:48:33 PM
Robert B. Parker, who wrote Appaloosa, has written two sequels, Resolution and Brimstone. Maybe there will be another movie coming out with Virigl Cole and Everett Hitch.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a prequel of the characters early days up to when they decided to ride together.

I did not know the author wrote more books.  I think it would be fantastic if Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen played the characters again.  I would love to know what happens to the V. Mortensen character and how they reconnect.  For me, the friendship the two actors protrayed on screen  was one of the best I have seen.  I would put them right up there with Capt. Call and Gus McCrae.   I have the DVD on Blue Ray already and would most certainly see any sequels that would come out.  They did a wonderful job with the movie.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Dutch Limbach

Marshal Deadwood is right. Why just center on Ed Harris?

Look up Tommy Lee Jones. $12,000 contributed to the Democratic Party (and he was Al Gore's college roommate for heaven's sake). So no more Lonesome Dove or The Missing or any other Tommy Lee Jones movies.
Kevin Costner, do we even need to go there?!
Paul Newman and Robert Redford, no more Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (never cared that much for it anyway) or Jeremiah Johnson (I was kind of fond of it).
How about Michael Mann who has donated $10,550 to the Democrats, no more Last of the Mohicans!

I mean come on, if you're going to have a witch hunt. Have a WITCH HUNT!

And take pride in the fact that the top Western movie of this decade is Brokeback Mountain.
http://movies.toptenreviews.com/list_western_2000s.htm
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Marshal Deadwood

I guess the thing might to do might be,,watch them as 'cheap' as possible. Rent it, pass it around before rental due back. I watch all my movies from a 'streaming' site that dont cost a penny. AIn't paid for a movie since I got DSL and can see'em all.

What I'm getting at,,is supporting them. I would not pay 8 dollars to spend an evening in a theatre watching ed harris, or balwin or whomever.
Now, I know taht my little personal 'boycotte of funds' to the movie industry isnt perfect and wont mean much to anyone other than me...we make the movie popular by even talking abou tthem,,,so in a way we still support it.
But, please,,support them to a minimun with you dollars. Or, for every actor you find that is anti-gun,,,send a pro-gun email to your senators and congressperson. Deveolop as balance of some type..where if THEY do not support us, you balance it out with you effort. And, email them actors, celebrities, fan clubs, etc...an example....I'm a big fan of Willie Nelsons music but believe me I give him hell for his left looney politics. Does it help ? well,,,it dont HURT.  Have a witch hunt ? sounds good to me. Or better yet..a 'left liberal hangin' down in the town square..now THAT would be 'westesrn with a flaire !  Hey ! we all gotta rumble some,,that is an American right...(no foul no harme intended fellas)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

99.9 % of all the Holly Wood crowd are ANTI GUNNERS, if your going to boycott all these people you might as well sell your TV sets, and never watch another movie, or anything on reg. TV either, for me I appreciate the fact that at least a few of these people are making WESTERNS, I'm very GRATEFUL FOR THAT, I try to separate ACTOR from PERSON, this has worked for me, maybe it can work for others.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on October 12, 2009, 12:16:25 PM

99.9 % of all the Holly Wood crowd are ANTI GUNNERS, if your going to boycott all these people you might as well sell your TV sets, and never watch another movie, or anything on reg. TV either, for me I appreciate the fact that at least a few of these people are making WESTERNS, I'm very GRATEFUL FOR THAT, I try to separate ACTOR from PERSON, this has worked for me, maybe it can work for others.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D 

Yup.  Agreed.

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on October 12, 2009, 12:16:25 PM99.9 % of all the Holly Wood crowd are ANTI GUNNERS, if your going to boycott all these people you might as well sell your TV sets, and never watch another movie, or anything on reg. TV either

Once you've done this, simply take the money you save and invest in sock puppets... ::) ::)

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on October 12, 2009, 06:00:13 PM
Once you've done this, simply take the money you save and invest in sock puppets... ::) ::)

I suppose we could dress them up in little cowboy outfits. ;D

Leo Tanner

A sock puppet western?  That would be great.  If I had the software, skills and time ta do one I think it would be a hit.  But then I haven't checked you tube.  They prolly already have one.  Beanie an Cecil as Butch an Sundance er somethin like that.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Delmonico

Don't bother with TV or movies anymore, most the folks on them or in them hate us honest gun owners so I guess I hate them.  Spend your time in doing more useful things than watching some bleeding heart liberal in a moving picture.  Bet pretty much any TV show or movies has at least some in it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

yeti76620

I agree with you Del, I mostly make lead bars from wheel weights and load up cases with what primers-powder-lead heads I have left; additionally, I watch all you Pards on CAS City 'cause you all are pretty funny!

Yeti76620.
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

"Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass." ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Delmonico

Most folks who complain they have no time to get stuff done would be better of to shoot their TV.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

yeti76620

:D :D  Like I said, Ya'll just too funny!   :D :D  Cowboy sock puppet shows shoot-n TVs!! :D :D
Yeti76620

"Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass." ...... Amen

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Leo Tanner on October 12, 2009, 06:53:53 PM
A sock puppet western?  That would be great.  If I had the software, skills and time ta do one I think it would be a hit.  But then I haven't checked you tube.  They prolly already have one.  Beanie an Cecil as Butch an Sundance er somethin like that.

My lands, they already do have one...

I was just goofin off an there it was ;D  Enjoy Daniel.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

yeti76620

:D :D :D   Nice Catch LT!    :D :D :D

Yeti76620

Marshal Deadwood

I'm kinda like Del...I don't really watch much of anything...I will take a look at a new western ...but never find them too fullfilling since the Duke is gone.

The Silver Screen rots the brain. Take that two hours and use it to get out of the house. I can't sit down long nuff to watch folks on TV...15 min is a longgg time for me in front of the TV,,  It took me bout 4 sittings to even watch Appaloosa,,,

I perfer music.  I perfer being active on gun rights. I just do not have a heap of time to admire anti-gun, left wing loonies.

BTW,,,has the NRA died ? I ain't seen them even make a statement in ages. I might just use my funds to join Gun Owners of America this time 'round. If the NRA os gpmma become passive, they aint earning the money......passive don't cut it.....................we'll see.

MD  *who aint been right since Waylon and Cash died

Books OToole

Let's make a list of those Hollywood types whose movies we can watch.

1 - John Wayne

2 - Tom Selleck

3 - ?

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Deadeye Don

Ummmmm No the NRA is not dead.  They are actively involved in a very important landmark case in Chicago right now.  They will also be challenging the new Ammo bill the gobernator of California signed.  I see Wayne LaPierre on TV or in the newspaper at least once per month.  Pulling back from sources of news is not, in my opinion,  wise.  

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Books OToole on October 13, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
Let's make a list of those Hollywood types whose movies we can watch.

1 - John Wayne

2 - Tom Selleck

3 - ?

Books
You can add Robert Duval and Vince Vaughan to list and there are many others...If you know where to look.

You can go to this link to find out how celebrities donate money to candidates or causes. I know I will not support gun control indirectly by buying their movies...your mileage may vary.

I quit buying goods from a well known trader after he told me he voted for Barak Obama.

NEWSMEAT
http://www.newsmeat.com

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Old Doc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk